M14 updates 2

Mert Alas said on Instagram he is going on a Summer holiday & has finished his studio work so IF M is shooting the artwork in NYC soon then Steven Klein most likely has the job unless she plans on shooting it later in the year which would almost certainly guarantee a Spring 2019 release. 

20 minutes ago, Runaway Lover said:

It's funny how we deeply super analyze everything :smoke:

Yep, since we have such little info this time around, we have to do our own investigations & theories, lol!:lol:

14 hours ago, Kim said:

I'm going from the press release that said the film was fast-tracked and would begin production THIS year - which ties in with Arianna saying she'll be working on it soon. You're going on...  who knows.

Arianne said "hopefully soon", to me this means the film's timeline is still uncertain. It's still labelled as "in development" on iMDB, not even in pre-prodcution. Arianne is on set with Tarantino now, I doubt she will jump on another big project right away.

37 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

Arianne said "hopefully soon", to me this means the film's timeline is still uncertain. It's still labelled as "in development" on iMDB, not even in pre-prodcution. Arianne is on set with Tarantino now, I doubt she will jump on another big project right away.

Agreed.

I’ve re-read the press release and nowhere does it confirm the film will start anything this year.

I still believe music first, film second. 

How will she have any energy left to prepare for a new album era let alone the tour that follows it if she starts filming this year? I imagine she leaves the directing crap for later when the era is over?

Album eras don’t seem to last very long anymore for anyone...whereas they used to last over a year with multiple singles....an artist now is lucky to spit out a couple singles within a few months

49 minutes ago, Aries said:

Album eras don’t seem to last very long anymore for anyone...whereas they used to last over a year with multiple singles....an artist now is lucky to spit out a couple singles within a few months

Madonna’s eras are short but I wouldn’t say it’s the same for all other pop artists. 

Madonna promotes with touring but I just hope his time we get at least 2 singles dropped before the album that seems to be how things are done nowerdays. 

1 hour ago, Arnian said:

No way she's close to shooting the film this year lol

It seems like many of us are divided as to which will come first...the film or the music?

I guess very soon we will know as the 4th quarter of the year kicks off in a month.

1 hour ago, Andra said:

How will she have any energy left to prepare for a new album era let alone the tour that follows it if she starts filming this year? I imagine she leaves the directing crap for later when the era is over?

I think once you get into it the time it takes is massive just look at WE.

It all depends really if she is literally just flying in to direct then leaving again.

My guess is she is going to be involved in pre-production and post-production so the whole project could last a solid 6-8 months. 

Of course the music will come first. It would be highly illogical to stop now, shelved the tracks she recorded with Mirwais, Billboard and Starrah and whoever, film new movie, prpduce it and promote it and then rerurn to those old songs again. Believe it. The music will comes first. When Madonna said she would be back this year, she was not speaking about a film.

Everything will shut down for August holiday

Some of us thought August would be official birthday celebration month and it won't be

It's been so frustrating being a Madonna fan since about 2010

Just now, loowee said:

The only "official" thing that she will release to celebrate her 60th birthday is that new MDNA Skin product with the Steven Klein mini-film commercial.  

No Mambo please!!

15 hours ago, rebelheart said:

As if the film will go into production this year, it may go or even be in pre-production this year but she certainly won't be filming it this year. The script isn't yet complete, let alone the casting process, making a film takes alot of time, way more than making an album. This film most likely won't even start filming until early 2020 when the tour is over. 

More nonsense based on conjecture. How do you know the script has not been completed in the 4 months since the announcement of Madonna's hiring as director (on a film that's been in development for years)? How do you know what the schedule will be for this particular film?  What makes you thing that a film that was reported as being on the "fast track" by deadline won't film until 2020? Why did Madonna's ex stylist say she will be joining Madonna's film "soon" ?

The same production company (Alloy Entertainment) that's developing Taking Flight was also mentioned in the press at the same time as the Madonna announcement re their other female-directed property 'The Sun Is Also a Star". That production went from in development in March straight to filming in June this year for a May 2019 release. Both that film and Taking Flight were referenced as being on the MGM fast track for production this year.

The producers for both these films are Les Morgenstein and Elysa Koplovitz. So, let's say the filming schedule for TSIAAS is three months, that means that movie will wrap in September. The producers will then move onto their next film which, as far as we know, is...Taking Flight. So it could very well go into production this year.

That is also conjecture of course, but it at least has some facts behind it.

5 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

IMDB is far too unreliable these days. Many projects go straight from in development to filming on their pages. Jumping from one big project to another is de rigueur in the film business, although I see nothing that suggests Taking Flight wil be a "big project" anyway. This is also Madonna taking on a paid job, and while I'm sure she's passionate about it, it's not one of her own pet projects.

I see nothing concrete to say that it will film this year, but there's also absolutely nothing to say an album's on the way this year either - as is the way in Madonnaland these days, we know nothing.

The only comparison we have here is WE which she finished in its entirety before she made music.

The album started (as far as studio time) in January whereas the film project was announced in March.

Obviously negotiations behind the scenes could of gone back to last year but the fact remains she was well on her way developing the album as she came into this year.

Considering she felt raped as an artist after RH leaked everywhere would she really sit on an album whilst she directs ? 

The other consideration is being available to promote of course she will need to dedicate some time to promoting the album so it’s how it all fits in.

Right now she has MGM backing her it’s a massive golden opportunity for her so I think she will be keeping any other project away from it. 

In a field of activity in which she has very little credibility such as the movie industry, she has no control over the decisions of the majors and the deadlines. If MGM decides that the film should be shot at a specific time, she will have to pack all the other projects to make the film or lose their funding. And she wants SO much to succeed in the movie industry regardless of the consequences. So, album ready or not, she will put it on pause to work the movie if she asked to even if it changes her plan.

high profile directors/actors etc can get attached to projects early on but takes time and many drafts before a script adaptation is complete. if this movie was just announced in March-there is still a lot of pre-production work to be done-scouting locations, casting, writing, re-writing. I  think the music comes first imo

1 hour ago, Confessit said:

The only comparison we have here is WE which she finished in its entirety before she made music.

The album started (as far as studio time) in January whereas the film project was announced in March.

Obviously negotiations behind the scenes could of gone back to last year but the fact remains she was well on her way developing the album as she came into this year.

Considering she felt raped as an artist after RH leaked everywhere would she really sit on an album whilst she directs ? 

The other consideration is being available to promote of course she will need to dedicate some time to promoting the album so it’s how it all fits in.

Right now she has MGM backing her it’s a massive golden opportunity for her so I think she will be keeping any other project away from it. 

WE has nothing to do with it. They announced Madonna as the director in March, but the film was in development for 5 years previously. Madonna has been hired to come in and do a job and like Martin said, it's up to MGM when the film starts, not Madonna. Assuming what was reported by deadline was correct, and I don't see why it wouldn't be seeing as the other film they reported on in the same article as being fast tracked for this year has already started filming, then the film is still on the slate to start this year, so Madonna getting the production of her album out the way now makes perfect sense. That will either lead to a rush release with crap promo this year or hopefully a good release next Spring.

22 minutes ago, Starman said:

But the news about the film have been rather slow, not even a cast announcement

Doesn't mean anything. Casting for that other film by the same production co I referred to earlier was announced the same month it started shooting.

Side note, I just found an old article from 2015 announcing the original director for Taking Flight. It seems Madonna is stepping into someone else's shoes. It also shows that work has been ongoing on this film for years, so an imminent start is not out of the question.

https://variety.com/2015/film/news/sanaa-hamri-michaela-deprince-movie-1201569214/

22 minutes ago, Suedey said:

It’s just odd that she premiered a NEW SONG at the Met Gala (which by now feels like ages ago) and since then it has been radio silence. Bizarre. 

Indeed.

On 7/27/2018 at 4:18 PM, Starman said:

My guess is photoshoot in november and a Q1 2019 release followed straight up by a tour 

You could be right, though I still have an uncomfortable feeling that there might not even be a tour this time around. She owes Interscope one final album...but the question if the LN deal, more specifically the touring portion, is fulfilled still remains to be seen...

Directing this movie will take more or less an entire year of her life (including post-production), so I wouldn't expect a tour in the middle of this.