M14 updates 2

1 hour ago, dollhouse said:

grammys are over her too, no chance for a nom

She should agree to accept the Living Legend or Lifetime Acheivement Grammy,  awards might be meaningless,  but it makes her look good and helps reintroduce her body of work

But Madonna hates award shows and Guy O is USELESS when it comes to her legacy

Guys. Can we stop blaming Guy O for everything? You can plan the best promotion, if no one other than us fans like her music, she won’t get streamed.

Even for the choice of producers, she’s an adult and can go on the web by herself to discover artists she wants to work with. 

For her legacy, if you’re talking about special anniversary versions of her albums, some fans like me don’t give a damn about them - tour tickets are expensive enough. I’d pay for the Re-invention tour film, but i’d never buy a repackaged version of her past albums. It’d cost them more to produce and promote these than revenues they’d made. They’re not running a charity.

Now if only Guy O could rush her to release M14.

Edited by Dams

1 hour ago, Dams said:

Guys. Can we stop blaming Guy O for everything? You can plan the best promotion, if no one other than us fans like her music, she won’t get streamed.

Even for the choice of producers, she’s an adult and can go on the web by herself to discover artists she wants to work with. 

For her legacy, if you’re talking about special anniversary versions of her albums, some fans like me don’t give a damn about them - tour tickets are expensive enough. I’d pay for the Re-invention tour film, but i’d never buy a repackaged version of her past albums. It’d cost them more to produce and promote these than revenues they’d made. They’re not running a charity.

Now if only Guy O could rush her to release M14.

Ya but there are probably thousands/millions of people who WILL love her new music if only they get a chance. 

Promo never hurt anyone...

3 hours ago, rebelheart said:

Hopefully she reveals when the album may be coming in her upcoming Vogue Italia spread when it comes out in the next few weeks. 

That's what I'm thinking.

1 hour ago, Maleficent said:

Ya but there are probably thousands/millions of people who WILL love her new music if only they get a chance. 

Promo never hurt anyone...

Promo was kind of crappy for HC and,MDNA but she promoted the hell out of RH.

Madonna 's least promoted albums are still Like a Prayer and True Blue where she did next to no hardcore promotions 

Even if the album was done and into mastering - they would all still agree to push it back to 2019 "first quarter" bullshit.

lol that would be like three years between albums. ugh.

15 minutes ago, Samo said:

Madonna 's least promoted albums are still Like a Prayer and True Blue where she did next to no hardcore promotions 

she didn't need it. Those albums sold alone. That's pretty common when the artist is on his/her peak.

2 hours ago, Samo said:

MDNA had no promotion at all apart from that  Jimmie Falcone Facebook thing. Everything else was about W.E. 

Rebel Heart had a lot of promotion, but people didn’t really relate to her first single. She should have started with the Ghosttown image and Bitch I’m Madonna should have been the first single and it would have shook up the world! 

3 hours ago, tuckeye said:

Even if the album was done and into mastering - they would all still agree to push it back to 2019 "first quarter" bullshit.

lol that would be like three years between albums. ugh.

Actually if she waits till Spring 2019 it will be 4 years, same gap as HC-MDNA, but at least in between that we had S&S Part 1 & 2, Celebration & W.E, we've had nothing now for nearly 2 & a half years since the RH Tour finished. 

1 hour ago, rebelheart said:

Actually if she waits till Spring 2019 it will be 4 years, same gap as HC-MDNA, but at least in between that we had S&S Part 1 & 2, Celebration & W.E, we've had nothing now for nearly 2 & a half years since the RH Tour finished. 

The HC-MDNA wait was way more dreadful, it felt like she did nothing basically. The RH era doesn't even seem like it finished a long time ago because she just did so much during these years, what do u mean we had nothing for 2 and a half years? she's been everywhere.

2 hours ago, Andra said:

The HC-MDNA wait was way more dreadful, it felt like she did nothing basically. The RH era doesn't even seem like it finished a long time ago because she just did so much during these years, what do u mean we had nothing for 2 and a half years? she's been everywhere.

Artistically she did nothing apart from releasing a subpar tour DVD and promoting creams. 

When people say „longest wait“ they are obviously referring to her music because that’s the main reason why we are all here, not because of her films or other bullshit.

That said, I don’t care if we have to wait 3, 4 or 6 years as long as the music is fantastic.

12 minutes ago, Plaything said:

Artistically she did nothing apart from releasing a subpar tour DVD and promoting creams. 

When people say „longest wait“ they are obviously referring to her music because that’s the main reason why we are all here, not because of her films or other bullshit.

That said, I don’t care if we have to wait 3, 4 or 6 years as long as the music is fantastic.

Yes but she performed a Tears of a Clown show, Billboard Music Awards, Leo DiCaprio benefit, Women's March, MET Gala and maybe more that I can't remember. So that all involves music (even though it's not all new music). Hard Candy - MDNA had nothing past 2009. 

7 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

Yes but she performed a Tears of a Clown show, Billboard Music Awards, Leo DiCaprio benefit, Women's March, MET Gala and maybe more that I can't remember. So that all involves music (even though it's not all new music). Hard Candy - MDNA had nothing past 2009. 

Exactly. Also the Jimmy Fallon performance and probably some other things as well.People are acting like all she did is promote cream commercials,when she actually it was much more than just that and yeah it involved music.

7 hours ago, Samo said:

I still can't believe she went from 2005 to 2015 without performing on UK television. (At least I don't think her Radio 1 show was shown on TV).  Also 2006 to 2012 for the US.  

I hope that she doesn't repeat that in her 60s. Although she seems much more open to performing the last 3 years.

2 hours ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

I still can't believe she went from 2005 to 2015 without performing on UK television. (At least I don't think her Radio 1 show was shown on TV).  Also 2006 to 2012 for the US.  

I hope that she doesn't repeat that in her 60s. Although she seems much more open to performing the last 3 years.

This isnt entirely true, she performed Hung Up live on US TV at the 2006 Grammy's,  then there was her big set at at Live Earth in 2007.  Her 2008 Radio 1 performance aired on UK TV and US TV too, VH1 aired it, Madonna also performed on the Hope For Haiti benefit live on US TV in 2010.

Plus her concert tours aired on US TV, The Confessions Tour was a big NBC primetime special in 2006, Sticky and Sweet Tour aired on EPIX and a cut version on VH1 in 2009 (EPIX) and 2010 (VH1)

46 minutes ago, Samo said:

This isnt entirely true, she performed Hung Up live on US TV at the 2006 Grammy's,  then there was her big set at at Live Earth in 2007.  Her 2008 Radio 1 performance aired on UK TV and US TV too, VH1 aired it, Madonna also performed on the Hope For Haiti benefit live on US TV in 2010.

Plus her concert tours aired on US TV, The Confessions Tour was a big NBC primetime special in 2006, Sticky and Sweet Tour aired on EPIX and a cut version on VH1 in 2009 (EPIX) and 2010 (VH1)

I was thinking more tv promotion to promote albums like late night talk shows.  Most of those were just one off specials.  I didn't know that the Radio 1 performance aired on Vh1 though. 

13 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

I was thinking more tv promotion to promote albums like late night talk shows.  Most of those were just one off specials.  I didn't know that the Radio 1 performance aired on Vh1 though. 

It dod, VH1 aired it later in 2008, I taped it on VHS!  One of the last times I used VHS 

8 hours ago, Katypatra said:

MDNA had no promotion at all apart from that  Jimmie Falcone Facebook thing. Everything else was about W.E. 

Rebel Heart had a lot of promotion, but people didn’t really relate to her first single. She should have started with the Ghosttown image and Bitch I’m Madonna should have been the first single and it would have shook up the world! 

The promotion for Rebel Heart was enjoyed and consumed only by the fans.

The general public didn’t take to it at all.

I really hope Guy has some big ideas coming up on how to launch the new album.

Artists are only just announcing their October/November releases.

Its July... I wouldn't panic just yet... If nothing is official by the end of August... well then PANIC...

PANIC!!!

On 7/21/2018 at 4:17 PM, dollhouse said:

grammys are over her too, no chance for a nom

disagree completely. music publications rave over madonna and her legacy constantly. if she released a critically acclaimed album...i couldnt help but feel like the Grammys would have a hard time ignoring the lauding. Especially now that they are more sensitive to female music.

If she releases a single before the deadline  it can be considered for 2019...then album and subsequent singles for 2020 but music lovers Grammy voters, critics and GP have a short attention span and album cycles an even shorter publicity campaign. Best bet to release #Soon or next summer. 

On 7/22/2018 at 8:03 AM, Katypatra said:

Mdna had the super bowl which made a sold out tour. That was the promotion I think.