M14 updates 2

8 hours ago, Arnian said:

We've gotten a spring release for the last 3 eras, and every time we thought the record was going to come the year before  lol

Very true! lol When BGO and CS leaked in Summer '07, it seemed like a definite that the album was going to be released that Fall.....then once GMAYL leaked we just knew MDNA was coming out in time for Christmas sales surge in Fall '11......and of course we have RH for which she started #soon in the Summer of '14 and we started getting detailed descriptions of songs (which turned out to be the demos) in Summer as well if I'm not mistaken. Felt like the album was pretty much done and ready to roll for a Fall '14 release. So...yeah, anything can happen but each day that passes and we hear no news about it makes it more and more likely we're looking at '19 release.

52 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

Actually yes.

Are we both referring to this demo? Because I can't find a single trace of Sophie's production on this one, the rhythm is too standardized and formatted. The demo doesn't have the iconic deconstructed off-beat/glitchy PC synth pattern like the final version. Kind wish SOPHIE could've reworked Illuminati and SEX too. 

1 hour ago, loowee said:

Are we both referring to this demo? Because I can't find a single trace of Sophie's production on this one, the rhythm is too standardized and formatted. The demo doesn't have the iconic deconstructed off-beat/glitchy PC synth pattern like the final version. Kind wish SOPHIE could've reworked Illuminati and SEX too. 

This version is more catchy and makes me jump around to no end until minute 4.10, after that it's a mess.  Thanks for sharing!!! The simplicity of the guitar riff from start to end, repeated over and over is intoxicating!!! Love it! Wish it was kept...

I recall that BIM had lots of versions. Diplo talked about it several times. I do love what Sophie did with the final version. But, the final version feels like something is missing. It is an in your face powerful version focused on the lyrics, but no longer has enough repetition to work as a dancing banger track for me.  But, still my favorite song on the album for its cool, edgy sound.

Hope M has Sophie involved on the new album on a  couple of tracks.

49 minutes ago, CalinB said:

This version is more catchy and makes me jump around to no end until minute 4.10, after that it's a mess.  Thanks for sharing!!! The simplicity of the guitar riff from start to end, repeated over and over is intoxicating!!! Love it! Wish it was kept...

I recall that BIM had lots of versions. Diplo talked about it several times. I do love what Sophie did with the final version. But, the final version feels like something is missing. It is an in your face powerful version focused on the lyrics, but no longer has enough repetition to work as a dancing banger track for me.  But, still my favorite song on the album for its cool, edgy sound.

I think this version is more fresh and has more an indie sound and is cooler, obvious still in production but i feel they maistreamed the track too much later

1 hour ago, Starman said:

I think this version is more fresh and has more an indie sound and is cooler, obvious still in production but i feel they maistreamed the track too much later

This version is a mess! I’m sorry but Madonna does have a better ear for what will sound mainstream on her final album cuts thankfully we should trust her final judgement!

exception of S.e.x, although considering how bad the final version was the demos must have been much worse!

3 hours ago, CalinB said:

Again, they fucked up the mixing and mastering of the song (just like every other track on the album). Sophie's production on the verses are too muffled. 

5 hours ago, loowee said:

Sorry I was a actually talking about the final version Diplo posted on SoundCloud. The same she performed at the Late Show. It’s not that different form the final version but there are some sounds that are more Sophie that Diplo.

Edited by cosmic_system

2 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

Sorry I was a actually talking about the final version Diplo posted on SoundCloud. The same she performed at the Late Show. It’s not that different form the final version but there are some sounds that are more Sophie that Diplo.

I found it to be completely opposite, the more heavier bass, the trappier sounds, definately signature diplo while the final version has a slightly off blippy-ness to it with a much more bizarre harsher ending that is SO SOPHIE. All you really need to hear is lemonade to get the SOPHIE-ness

5 hours ago, Lolasmommy said:

This version is a mess! I’m sorry but Madonna does have a better ear for what will sound mainstream on her final album cuts thankfully we should trust her final judgement!

exception of S.e.x, although considering how bad the final version was the demos must have been much worse!

Agree.  I think SEX was added because it was likely already configured and choreographed in some form for the tour. It was not worthy of the album but worked in the tour. 

3 hours ago, Showdown said:

I found it to be completely opposite, the more heavier bass, the trappier sounds, definately signature diplo while the final version has a slightly off blippy-ness to it with a much more bizarre harsher ending that is SO SOPHIE. All you really need to hear is lemonade to get the SOPHIE-ness

Same for me.

15 hours ago, loowee said:

Holy shit! This is amazing! How come i never heard that before? It sounds really cool and fresh... the final version sounds a little try hard compared to that... wow, wish Madonna had kept this!

2 hours ago, Runaway Lover said:

Lauren is still mixing something in deep wilderness. Might be M.

And there is no internet for sure. Nothing will leak.

How do u know she is mixing?

Yep she has been working with vocals/mixing/mastering since a few days ago into the woods, wonder if they are the final touches or something. It doesn’t seem like she’s working for someone else than M.

44 minutes ago, FeTuoni said:

Holy shit! This is amazing! How come i never heard that before? It sounds really cool and fresh... the final version sounds a little try hard compared to that... wow, wish Madonna had kept this!

Really? It seems like a reductice Hey Yah by Outkast to me

58 minutes ago, FeTuoni said:

Same opinion here

3 hours ago, Iconic Fetus said:

Yep she has been working with vocals/mixing/mastering since a few days ago into the woods, wonder if they are the final touches or something. It doesn’t seem like she’s working for someone else than M.

How do you know?

1 hour ago, Iconic Fetus said:

Lauren has posted stories on Instagram about working in a cabin into the woods.

LMAO can you imagine the convo Madonna had with her?? "I want you to master my new record in a deep, dark wood. You are not to share the music with anyone--not even any of the seven dwarves you may encounter" 

6 hours ago, Iconic Fetus said:

OMG how very Black-Dove (JANUARY) dying right now to be quite FRANK!!! 

2 hours ago, Iconic Fetus said:

Lauren has posted stories on Instagram about working in a cabin into the woods.

Oh ok cool, hopefully if she is mixing, mastering vocals for M they are in the final stages of production getting ready for a fall release!:queenbitch: