M14 updates 2

16 hours ago, Sloane said:

She said on that Kelly Ripa show that she was coming back this year. Madonna' s usually pretty good at sticking with those statements. We're getting new music this year imo.

Hahahaha

you wanna know how to make god laugh? Tell her your expectations for her next album. 

So, I feel like at this point in summer '05 we knew something about the upcoming album....didn't we even know the COADF title by this point? I know that doesn't necessarily mean anything but....idk....if we don't find out something about something in these next few weeks, then I really don't think we getting anything til early '19. Really, early '19 would fit in her normal time frame for creation of album til release date. We didn't really get official word on anything until early this year. It's usually right at 1 year mark from time we hear she's started to work on music until it's released.

47 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

So, I feel like at this point in summer '05 we knew something about the upcoming album....didn't we even know the COADF title by this point? I know that doesn't necessarily mean anything but....idk....if we don't find out something about something in these next few weeks, then I really don't think we getting anything til early '19. Really, early '19 would fit in her normal time frame for creation of album til release date. We didn't really get official word on anything until early this year. It's usually right at 1 year mark from time we hear she's started to work on music until it's released.

We can’t really compare what we knew 13 years ago to what we know now. First of all, all the people in her team that knew how to marketing her (Angela and Liz) are long  gone. Everything has changed, and I still believe the album is coming this year. 

Also for RH she worked with everytbody, now it looks like Mirwais and Billboard are the main producers and Starrah is a co-writer probably for the Billboard stuff. And that’s it. 

Edited by cosmic_system

Campaigns for album releases have changed so much over the years that there isn't really any use comparing it with her previous campaigns or even 2018 campaigns by other artists.

She could easily drop the title/tracklisting/artwork in early August with the release date on her birthday... and that would still be a relatively conventional campaign (and probably her best option too)

I'm pretty sure she's also alluded to the album nearly being finished. That and the fact that she's still withholding information about the music (e.g. lyrics, studio clips) makes me think it could be something along those lines.

But if she just is just taking her time, then at least it's more than likely it'll be a quality album when it is finished.

Cut to her birthday when all we get is an Instagram story from her bathroom and subsequent meltdown

Stop building up false hopes and giving yourselves made up deadlines. 

Album is clearly not finished yet and she clearly hasn’t learnt from RH. She should never have posted these studio updates. 

The best I am hoping for in 2018 is a single but with her incompetent non existent management I bet they will replicate  RH release trajectory and aim for Feb 2019 so she can focus on fking skin cream again for Christmas shopping season .

2 hours ago, Suedy said:

John Grant album coming out October and we already have first single and track list. 

M14 is not coming until 2019. 

OMG new John Grant album. I can't wait.

New single Love is Magic sounds promising.

2 hours ago, Suedy said:

John Grant album coming out October and we already have first single and track list. 

So.......that doesn’t mean she’s following a similar campaign. People are doing all sorts of campaigns at the moment. There’s lots of rumoured artists for Q4 this year which we’ve not heard peep out of. 

.....and can I also say that John Grant is wonderful, I love him so much!

2 hours ago, Suedy said:

which would fit her typical routine aka releasing an album roughly one year later after first going into the studio.

She hasn't even shot the album cover/artwork yet & that is always done 3-4 months before release so if she doesn't shoot it by her Birthday we ain't getting anything this year. She'll just stick to her usual Spring release followed by Summer tour. 

4 hours ago, Suedy said:

Lady Gaga's A Star Is Born soundtrack (yeah i know) it coming in september/october with the film and there is no press release, single, cover yet.

John Grant (who?) has an album coming out in October and there's a first single already so that means Madonna isn't releasing because we don't have one? lol 

We still have time for a new single and album this year. Once October comes I will start to worry.

If we don't hear anything concrete by the end of August I'd say it's pushed back until 2019... Eek

I was expecting nothing in July/Aug to be honest but first single in Sep or Oct, and album Oct/Nov.

But just because nothing has been officially announced yet doesn't mean it's not coming this year anymore.

Do you think every album coming out in Oct and Nov have been announced yet? NO, there are plenty of 2018 Q4 releases to be announced.

Lets just be patient and wait for that exciting first OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT of album number 14 !

i'm starting thinking that the album is not coming this year. She always does tour bundles and her tour is next year so... 1 year in advance is too much to do that.

Maybe the first single is coming this year but not the complete LP.

16 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

True about COADF, but I think she revealed the album title backstage at the Live 8 event, so that made sense. And I feel like she shot the album artwork in Aug just before the horseriding accident. Then she was in recovery mode, but somehow managed to film the Hung Up music video, rehearse for mini concerts (for promo tour) ... she was phenomenal. And I feel like it was August that we heard HU in part through the Motorola campaign...? Is my memory wrong?

I know this all doesn’t mean anything. But we’ll see.

People who think Madonna would do something as tacky as using her birthday to capitalise on the campaign for her new music really don't know their Madonna very well and it astounds me coming from people who take the time to visit this forum.

59 minutes ago, Rugbyguy said:

People who think Madonna would do something as tacky as using her birthday to capitalise on the campaign for her new music really don't know their Madonna very well and it astounds me coming from people who take the time to visit this forum.

I was thinking exactly the same.