Miley Cyrus and Madonna collaboration produced by Mark Ronson?

Guest eroticerotic

On 7/7/2018 at 2:55 AM, elijah said:

Its astonishing how great Madonna is and how horrible all her choices of collaborators have been. Its absolutely shocking. Miley doesn't make an exception. The only credible collaboration has been Bedtime Story. The artists I think she would have sounded great with (stylistically, musically etc.) are MJ,  Depeche Mode, George Michael.

do we count Pet Shop Boys one of them?

45 minutes ago, caba1 said:

do we count Pet Shop Boys one of them?

Definitely. I much prefer that follow up to Confessions to have been an album produced by them and Stuart as it was rumored heavily, before t and t got involved:(

Guest jamesshot

She missed a lot of opportunities for hits with collabs over the years. That is why I don't get her being called a vampire or other shit. She could have and maybe should have been feat on so many collabs over the years to get and maintain chart dominance. She didn't. We know she does what she wants.

1 hour ago, elijah said:

Definitely. I much prefer that follow up to Confessions to have been an album produced by them and Stuart as it was rumored heavily, before t and t got involved:(

i read that they did songs for her back in 2007 but the direction changed and she decided to focus on that r&b/hip hop style. Same happened with Mirwais who said that his songs were scrapped i think

EDIT: oh i forgot about Moby. He said he didn't have time to work with her. That would have been interesting but we had Music instead which give us Mirwais productions so i think we are ok lol

2 hours ago, caba1 said:

i read that they did songs for her back in 2007 but the direction changed and she decided to focus on that r&b/hip hop style. Same happened with Mirwais who said that his songs were scrapped i think

EDIT: oh i forgot about Moby. He said he didn't have time to work with her. That would have been interesting but we had Music instead which give us Mirwais productions so i think we are ok lol

Moby was a bit of a fad so I don’t rate him nowhere as high as Pet Shop Boys collab or the other artists I mentioned. I always felt like M is a timeless artist and it always felt like she was trashing her legacy when collaborating with artists like Britney or Minaj. I always thought a collaboration with Morcheeba or another Massive Attack one would have been amazing. I want you was great, even if a non success...

2 hours ago, caba1 said:

It breaks my heart to think that collaboration was almost going to happen. Their albums with Stuart Price albums are wonderful, they do proper grown-up pop.

6 hours ago, elijah said:

Justin Timberlake :dead:

2 hours ago, Django said:

I hope she collaborates with Miley. First, because I love Miley, and second because I wanna see you all stupid hoes seethe. 

Same. Just to all piss you off.

And add Migos to the list.

2 hours ago, runa said:

Same. Just to all piss you off.

And add Migos to the list.

And I hope that Nicki Minaj does all of the singing and M has only a featured rap on every song.  Haha.... Oh the meltdown.  M can make any kind of album that she wants.  

This is the most boring, least exciting rumour ever, and 4 years too late. Even another collab with Nicki Minaj is more exciting than this. Why is there even a separate thread?

9 hours ago, Django said:

and second because I wanna see you all stupid hoes seethe. 

I guess that falls into the same stupid category as „Madonna is wearing grillz for 5 years because she wants to piss off her entitled fans“. Yawn...

.........well I hope Madonna’s vocals don’t  even feature on her new album! And we get bonus DVD of her interviewing Kim Kardashian about beauty secrets!!! with bonus comedy skit features from TheFatJew!!! 

.....just to piss you all off and see the meltdowns!!!

46 minutes ago, Plaything said:

I guess that falls into the same stupid category as „Madonna is wearing grillz for 5 years because she wants to piss off her entitled fans“. Yawn...

She wore them cause she wanted to, and she does what she wants. You can yawn all you want.

12 minutes ago, Django said:

I don't think she cares about your opinion. And she shouldn't.

Has anyone ever thought madonna cared for their opinion? And for that very reason we should refrain from expressing our opinions? 

38 minutes ago, FeTuoni said:

Has anyone ever thought madonna cared for their opinion? And for that very reason we should refrain from expressing our opinions? 

If you are expressing the same old tired opinion for over 5 years then yes, refrain.

17 hours ago, jamesshot said:

She missed a lot of opportunities for hits with collabs over the years. That is why I don't get her being called a vampire or other shit. She could have and maybe should have been feat on so many collabs over the years to get and maintain chart dominance. She didn't. We know she does what she wants.

I disagree completely, I think the problem is that she's collaborating with the hottest trend of the moment thinking she might gain something from it, and in the end nothing happens because all these people are basically one hit wonders... She rarely collaborated with quality artists, usually it's some trendy new artist at their commercial peak. The list is seemingly endless.

14 hours ago, elijah said:

Moby was a bit of a fad so I don’t rate him nowhere as high as Pet Shop Boys collab or the other artists I mentioned. I always felt like M is a timeless artist and it always felt like she was trashing her legacy when collaborating with artists like Britney or Minaj. I always thought a collaboration with Morcheeba or another Massive Attack one would have been amazing. I want you was great, even if a non success...

But he was on his peak at the moment. So we'll never know.

I'm happy with her work with Britney. It's one of her most iconic moments and introduced her to a new generation. Probably the last generation that gave her attention.

I'm sure if the Miley collaboration winds up happening. it will most likely be a good track. I think this way even though Miley isn't a great or interesting artist. Something about Madonna makes me enjoy almost all her musical output....

I do want Madonna to seek out better artists for inspiration instead of the mostly very mainstream crap. i recognize it's a matter of taste. 

4 hours ago, Django said:

If you are expressing the same old tired opinion for over 5 years then yes, refrain.

Maybe you should refrain from being a nasty person. Who are you to censor me or anyone else? 

14 hours ago, Django said:

She wore them cause she wanted to, and she does what she wants. You can yawn all you want.

Yes

On 7/10/2018 at 11:24 AM, elijah said:

I always felt like M is a timeless artist and it always felt like she was trashing her legacy when collaborating with artists like Britney or Minaj. I always thought a collaboration with Morcheeba or another Massive Attack one would have been amazing. I want you was great, even if a non success...

YES!!!

9 hours ago, FeTuoni said:

Maybe you should refrain from being a nasty person. Who are you to censor me or anyone else? 

I am just expressing my opinion. You can continue saying whatever you want and I'll keep saying whatever I want. I don't have the power to censor anyone but if I have to hear your opinion, you'll hear mine.

13 hours ago, caba1 said:

But he was on his peak at the moment. So we'll never know.

I'm happy with her work with Britney. It's one of her most iconic moments and introduced her to a new generation. Probably the last generation that gave her attention.

Actually I think the work with Britney damaged her image/legacy rather than be of any help. MATM was far from any success everywhere. The VMA with Britney was drawing attention to Madonna, but not to her music.

It showed her in unflattering light and as "uncool" and trying to attach herself to a young hip trashy girl (beyond her level). I think Madonna and Stuart Price introduced Madonna to a new generation via COADF. Even with 0 radio support in USA, COADF was a huge undeniable success, even in dear old USA. It was that good. It was glorious time to be a fan in Europe. Felt like a second Ray Of Light, almost. And it had 0 to do with Britney. It was all tnx to Madonna, Stuart and arguably, ABBA :).

52 minutes ago, Django said:

I am just expressing my opinion. You can continue saying whatever you want and I'll keep saying whatever I want. I don't have the power to censor anyone but if I have to hear your opinion, you'll hear mine.

Never said I wouldn’t... after all, we’re in a discussion forum to exchange ideas, right?

9 hours ago, elijah said:

Actually I think the work with Britney damaged her image/legacy rather than be of any help. MATM was far from any success everywhere. The VMA with Britney was drawing attention to Madonna, but not to her music.

It showed her in unflattering light and as "uncool" and trying to attach herself to a young hip trashy girl (beyond her level). I think Madonna and Stuart Price introduced Madonna to a new generation via COADF. Even with 0 radio support in USA, COADF was a huge undeniable success, even in dear old USA. It was that good. It was glorious time to be a fan in Europe. Felt like a second Ray Of Light, almost. And it had 0 to do with Britney. It was all tnx to Madonna, Stuart and arguably, ABBA :).

I think the VMA show with Britney was definitely a high moment for M at that point, it was a HUGE deal.... but MATM did nothing for her... not a major hit, not a good song, not an improvement (not even for Britney, especially with Toxic happening next), a total useless nothing.