M14 updates

59 minutes ago, caba1 said:

an album highlight, yes... but nothing mindblowing and the video doesn't have a replay value. Let's be honest.

If you want a hit, the single has to be FRESH AND CATCHY like Music, Hung Up or 4 Minutes. If not, you need big fanbase to push it. That is why Bitch I'm Madonna got more attention that the other two. She got the attention of others fanbases with the video and was the more "fresh" song on Rebel Heart.

Dark Horse is another perfect example of a real hit. That song wasn't intended to be a single but it went straight to the number 1 anyway. It sounds like a hit. The lyrics are great, the production is still fresh, the radios picked the song without any push from Katy's team.

Look What You Made Me Do by Taylor Swift is a terrible song. So tuneless but it was n1 on Billboard. Why? Because she has a lot of fans and because that video was AMAZING. +40 million views the first day. It was so well done.

Sorry by Bieber too. Started a whole trend back then.

If the song is destined to be a success, it will be.

Yep, I completely hear you, you are making alot of sense đź‘Ť

The radio industry is vastly different from what it was 20 and even 10 years ago. It is much more youth oriented and plays a corporate driven narrow playlist. She can release an extremely great song and reinvent the wheel but U.S. radio programmers are NOT going to give her significant airplay unless there’s a radio deal. Which is also unlikely to happen since she’s treated like a 5th rated artist by Interscope.

Streaming is what her “team” needs to focus their attention on. She can get a lot of chart points through there.

I don't really care about hits or number 1s for the singles anymore.

I'd just like there to be 3 proper single releases with music videos.

More importantly I want the album to get to get critical praise from her peers and top reviews from publications.

This is more important for the longevity of the era I think.

I wonder what would happen if she'd release a single under a fake/fictitious name like "ANNO-DAM"(some up and coming newbie) just to fool the fools?  If it was catchy as hell, would the GP/radio praise it thinking it was someone else?  Sure....maybe many of us here would recognize that voice, but many younger listeners may not be so keen.  Then she could do a follow-up song...."Who's Your Mambo"...or, "Fools Rush In (for granny)"...or even "Beautiful Game"?

I know, I'm just bored and sooooo f'n ready for something/anything (like all of us here)!!!  Just this week I've watched DSS, Shanghai Stinker (well, most of it), A League, Evita (twice), the Virgin Tour, Girlie Show, Confessions Tour, and Drowned World Tour.  Not that I didn't enjoy them.....I'm just needing something shiny and new to obsess over.  This waiting is making life so much harder to bare. 

They did that to a guy with an all too squeaky clean reputation back in 1989. The radio stations were having a contest for a mystery singer with the song “Soldier Of  Love” which turned out to be a huge hit for....Donny Osmond!

That would never work, Madonna has one of the most unique distinctive voices in music. Everyone not just us fans would immediately recognize it. 

5 hours ago, humanracin said:

I don't really care about hits or number 1s for the singles anymore.

I'd just like there to be 3 proper single releases with music videos.

More importantly I want the album to get to get critical praise from her peers and top reviews from publications.

This is more important for the longevity of the era I think.

Yeah, agree. The music has to be good, period. I’d like something timeless and interesting. 

not a slow song gawd....a big time dance tune with crazy adele singing her ass off....lol but i was kidding so calm thy fuck down.

after all of this talk in here...i am super interested in what Madonna will come up with next.

12 hours ago, Glindathegood said:

That would never work, Madonna has one of the most unique distinctive voices in music. Everyone not just us fans would immediately recognize it. 

That’s exactly why I love her!! There are many choir girls out there, but none can match the uniqueness and classy sexiness of Madonna’s simple, yet powerful vocals! 

14 hours ago, tuckeye said:

not a slow song gawd....a big time dance tune with crazy adele singing her ass off....lol but i was kidding so calm thy fuck down.

after all of this talk in here...i am super interested in what Madonna will come up with next.

Has Adele ever done a big dance song? Doesn't seem like her style. 

What songtitles do we know? Looking at her #'s?

Was looking at her dad video and i think its really great. Maybe a first single linked to a summer blockbuster would increase her chances for another hit??

9 hours ago, Glindathegood said:

Has Adele ever done a big dance song? Doesn't seem like her style. 

exactly why she would need to..but i was joking so....next (before more people freak out lol)