M14 updates

The album's finished !

Guy is visiting to listen to the album as M doesn't want to send it by email for fear of leaks. He'll be personally taking the mastered album back to America with him.

Its all happening right now

Album will be out in Q4

Source: Tea Leaves

21 hours ago, peppermint said:

Of course she will have the big 60 this summer but the first album will also turn 35 a few weeks before on July 27th. It would be a sacrilege if they don't capitalise with these two major events with at least a new single!!! 

I agree. I guess she will celebrate her birthday massive with videos, pictures and music (and another revolution of love). The first single will be out in August, the album in October (Source: Oracle of Delphi).

10 hours ago, humanracin said:

The album's finished !

Guy is visiting to listen to the album as M doesn't want to send it by email for fear of leaks. He'll be personally taking the mastered album back to America with him.

Its all happening right now

Album will be out in Q4

Source: Tea Leaves

😍😍🙏🙏

Edited by peppermint

How can madonna have a big hit again? Seriously.

First she has to have a great song (not that all the numbers one's are such huge masterpieces)

But then?

Selling the song?

Views on youtube?

Streaming?

How can we help??

4 minutes ago, ashtangi74 said:

How can madonna have a big hit again? Seriously.

First she has to have a great song (not that all the numbers one's are such huge masterpieces)

But then?

Selling the song?

Views on youtube?

Streaming?

How can we help??

payola on radios and spotify like i said weeks ago. A HUGE production for the music video with replay value can help too.

2 hours ago, Starman said:

Good song and good video.

I agree but let's take Ghosttown as an example, it had that beautiful song/video combo and we know how that turned out. I think we need more than that.

On 6/25/2018 at 6:24 PM, Glindathegood said:

She should just release it when she is  finished with it and is happy with it.

Just make the best album she can and release it when it's ready without all the calculation of some special right date.

This.

57 minutes ago, peppermint said:

I agree but let's take Ghosttown as an example, it had that beautiful song/video combo and we know how that turned out. I think we need more than that.

Not really in par with her biggest singles amd the video wasnt creative

1 hour ago, peppermint said:

It definitely takes more than it just being a good song/video these days. She's released songs the last 10 yrs that regardless of my own opinion of them, if released by a younger artist would be a hit.....Ghosttown is the most obvious example but Revolver and GGW also come to mind. Idk what the magic ingredient is these days tbqh. Obviously streaming is big but how to make that happen for an artist like Madonna? For radio, payola is an option but would we really want her to get hits that way? As far as album sales go, I think even if it's well received, it's most likely going to sell about half of the nearly million that RH has sold. If the music is good, none of this really matters anyways though. I'm still waiting for her to release an all around bad album. She never has and I don't suspect it's going to start happening with M14 either! 

1 hour ago, YannBouch said:

She's doing songs with the guy behind music so pretty sure it will be a massive hit. Otherwise humanity is over

Its 2018 not 2000 anymore...

If they don’t figure out how to do Spotify playlist and radio payola, she could be dropping the new Hung Up tomorrow with a killer video and the world still won’t give a ****.

2 minutes ago, loowee said:

If they don’t figure out how to do Spotify playlist and radio payola, she could be dropping the new Hung Up tomorrow with a killer video and the world still won’t give a ****.

Yup. 

I see a lot of people discussing whether another chart hit is viable Madonna... to be honest what I'd like to see more is critical acclaim. Her music hasn't been really lauded since COADF (though Rebel Heart seemed to be warmly received by critics), so I would like to see music publications go crazy over her new music!!! In my humble opinion: Critical reception>>> the  charts.

7 minutes ago, yououghttavogue said:

I see a lot of people discussing whether another chart hit is viable Madonna... to be honest what I'd like to see more is critical acclaim. Her music hasn't been really lauded since COADF (though Rebel Heart seemed to be warmly received by critics), so I would like to see music publications go crazy over her new music!!! In my humble opinion: Critical reception>>> the  charts.

Agree

Hit without local label teams with a budget in every single country working her songs on local radio, TV, press, billboards etc. ain't gonna happen. It takes thousands of people around the world working hard daily to have a worldwide hit. You can't do it from an office in LA.

12 minutes ago, iasonas said:

Hit without local label teams with a budget in every single country working her songs on local radio, TV, press, billboards etc. ain't gonna happen. It takes thousands of people around the world working hard daily to have a worldwide hit. You can't do it from an office in LA.

This is all true but she can still get a semi hit if she goes the payola route. GMAYL was a brief Top 10 on the Hot 100 because of that radio deal. I personally would rather have critical acclaim over a quick hit. Both would be nice, but without a proper label behind her highly unlikely.

46 minutes ago, yououghttavogue said:

Yes!!! I’d much rather see critical acclaim than high chart positions. Who cares about the charts anymore? They’re a mess, every record is being broken by bloodly Ed Sheeran.

I want her to have more hits. Her music deserves to be heard and loved by people. Critical acclaim is great and always appreciated but having music loved and appreciated by the GP all around the world is always more important.