M14 updates

She has kids now, so she won't be recording or finishing the album during the summer. It’s vacay time y'all. 

So the window for a Q4 release is rather small but not impossible. Having said that, again, it usually takes one year from rumors about heading into a recording studio until the damn album is finally in the stores (exceptions being MDNA, BS, and her early 80s creative endeavors). 

5 minutes ago, acko said:

A return 2 WARNER please.

A decade ago we would not have dreamed of saying this. But I agree, LN and Interscope have contributed to ruining her music career...  of course also not forgetting with the lack of any help from Guy O.

I need her to completely finish up the album by the end of July. These sporadic recording sessions concern me quite a bit to be honest. I don't want her to have too much time to overthink and overcook her work, and Guy needs to stay away from her album as far as possible. Not trying to downplay M's ability but the biggest problem with the last 2 albums was that there was not one single co-producer to oversee the whole project WITH her to tighten things up, so hopefully Mirwais is here to do this job while she's busy playing with her kids and MDNO Skin. Do we know if Mirwais is back to London? Is it possible that he is still locked up in the Lisbon studio cooking up something yummy?  

3 hours ago, Cyber-Raga said:

She has kids now, so she won't be recording or finishing the album during the summer. It’s vacay time y'all. 

So the window for a Q4 release is rather small but not impossible. Having said that, again, it usually takes one year from rumors about heading into a recording studio until the damn album is finally in the stores (exceptions being MDNA, BS, and her early 80s creative endeavors). 

She does usually spend her birthday on vacation but im curious if this year being her big birthday if professionally she will mark it!?

All that free press seems to good to capatilise on?

Maybe the Italian Vogue spread will be out in August to mark her 60th?

3 minutes ago, Bjornvegards said:

Guy wisiting her in Lisbon gave me some hope the album is about to be done. What do you think?

I was thinking the same. Was hoping for him to share some info on Twitter or so.

Of course she will have the big 60 this summer but the first album will also turn 35 a few weeks before on July 27th. It would be a sacrilege if they don't capitalise with these two major events with at least a new single!!! 

watch Live Nation send the album back for more work. lol.

my heart is sinking for fall release though. and as if Madonna & team would do anything special for her big 6 0.  they dont think like us.

I caaaaan't keeeeeepp on WAAAIIITTTING for YOUUUU

I KNOW that you're STILL hesitaaaaaaaTTINGG!!!

Don't CRY for me cause I'll FINNNNNNDD my WAYYYYYY

Yoooooou'll WAKE UP 

One DAYAYYYYYYYYY
But it'll be too 

LATE 

4 hours ago, Confessit said:

All that free press seems to good to capatilise on?

This is Madonna 2018. Of course they won't capitalize on it, they wouldn't know how to.

She should just release it when she is  finished with it and is happy with it. She shouldn't rush it out to meet some anniversary or her birthday, but on the other hand she shouldn't hold on to it if it's finished waiting for some special date or time to capitalize on. I think some fans get all worked up about anniversaries but a lot of people in the general public don't really notice them. 

Just make the best album she can and release it when it's ready without all the calculation of some special right date. 

I say if she hasn't shot the album artwork/cover & finished studio sessions by her Birthday we ain't getting a New Album this year, so give her another 6 weeks or so...

7 hours ago, Bjornvegards said:

Guy wisiting her in Lisbon gave me some hope the album is about to be done. What do you think?

Agree. Guy usually  listens to her work and provides feedback and also starts planning out release strategy based on her visual concepts/ideas. He is not shy in sharing his views if the songs are not standouts. He is also the one coordinating with his team recording time and collaboration agreements with producers and other artists. Wonder if he is suggesting more collaborations or if she is asking for more time.

Hope she is taking all the time she needs to come up with a conceptual buttoned up album at the quality of Ray of Light and with a list of songs that are lyrically universally relatable by all listeners of all ages.

I also hope for epic landscape reach videos (of Portugal and Malawi for instance) with lots of colors (e.g., green/yellows/pink). Rich in color as BIM (away from her typical dark, black and white videos of late) that are so depressing for me middle-age, I can imagine how a millennial would feel watchin one (not a video they will play on repeat for sure) no matter how fresh musically and catchy in bits the song sounds.

On 6/22/2018 at 5:43 PM, XXBrendonXX said:

Greatest Hits really do not sell well in this time.

this is something that makes me wonder, as much as i want them, if besides madonna and warner not caring, the reason why we didn't get ROL and EROTICA remastered anniversary editions and are unlikely to get a LAP one next year like U2 did last year for The Joshua Tree is because warner (or interscope, whoever has the rights to actually do this) thinks it'd be too cost-prohibitive and no one would buy it

and since i don't know how much these types of re-issues actually sell while the artist is still active, how much truth there can actually be behind that 🤔

13 hours ago, Suedy said:

She shouldn’t even let him hear it. Just deliver the album and say that’s it I’m done last record under this stupid deal and then she can jump ship somewhere that will value her like maybe Sony or back for warners 

i would like that, but do we know if she burned the bridge by walking out ten years ago? or is warners still a possibility? and how much do we think it would cost to get her back?

I don’t like Guy...but that’s not the point....I honestly don’t think she should have his imput on listening to the album...or her kids

i truly believe it should be critiqued by a professional...one who would be honest with her...perhaps a former  collaborator like Nile, Patrick...or even a friend...say Lionel Richie

With M saying hurry up...time is money....we have to get this done....#soon...tells me we are getting something...either a single, buzz track or album

Yes, I'm definitely in the #BackToWarner team. I read somewhere - maybe here, I don't remember - she left due to clashes with that hideous Lyor Cohen person who also created problems with Metallica - it seems hip hop is the only thing he cares about. Anyway he's out of Warner now, so there's a possibility.