Madonna’s image for the MDNA Rose Mist era

1 hour ago, Katypatra said:

Well, no one outside her fan base cares about the new albums either. So by that logic she should just always give Papa Don’t Preach? How about she performs for the fans and stop worrying about general public! I’m not saying ditch the classics! Of course not. But incorporating songs we all love, such as Sky Fits Heaven, Love Profusion, Nothing Fails (with an epic choir), Jump, even Miles Away and more, would make fans go crazy and will give general public music material they will want to download when they get home!! Her newer albums have incredible songs that general public rarely had a chance to hear, and that’s a shame! People are stuck on Like A Virgin, when there is material that is more recent that is just as good if not better!! 

Well it's not my "logic", it's Madonna's logic. She's gonna promote her new work and as for the rest of her catalogue, her most well known songs will always come before her less known ones, if she actually wants non fans to keep coming to her shows. You do realize it's not just fans attending her shows, the bigger majority is the general public. And she needs to please those people.

32 minutes ago, Andra said:

Well it's not my "logic", it's Madonna's logic. She's gonna promote her new work and as for the rest of her catalogue, her most well known songs will always come before her less known ones, if she actually wants non fans to keep coming to her shows. You do realize it's not just fans attending her shows, the bigger majority is the general public. And she needs to please those people.

Most general public know 4 Minutes, yet she never performs it. Kanye West just posted about the song on his Instagram and thousands of random non-fans commented how they still jam to it, how it’s their forever favorite song. A lot of general public know songs from Ray of Light, like the main single as well as Power of Goodbye. Many know Hollywood. Of course, Hung Up AND Sorry!! I donno. I feel like I’m grasping for straws but honestly, it wouldn’t hurt to incorporate more of her newer songs into the tour as well. But of course I understand where you’re coming from and I agree. Just hoping she will do more variety in the next tour than she did with Rebel Heart tour. Apart from Rebel Heart, most of the songs she performed were oldies. 

13 hours ago, elijah said:

By the way, I find it HORRENDOUS that she fails to perform any song from COADF apart from HU which was butchered beyond believe in MDNA... I mean neither glorious Jump (probably the most uplifting song she has ever recorded), nor the perfect bittersweet Get Together, no eastern masterpiece Isaac, not even one of her absolutely very best songs like Like It Or Not or totally mind-blowing Let It Will Be has been included  in any set list for over a decade???? I mean what is she thinking? I wonder is she mad with Stuart or smth and doesn't want to pay him a dime for playing any of COADF stellar cuts??? I find this beyond suspicious and I think it has to do with Stuart... I mean she can not possibly hate the perfection that COADF is, right? Or probably she feels like its overhyped and HC and MDNA and RH were overlooked? Don't really know, but she HAS to perform like the whole of the album :).

There’s a thread discussing this in the Tours sub-forum, by the way...

But she’s been using several COADF songs in the MDNAskin teasers/commercials — whatever you want to call them. So I doubt she is trying to snub Stuart.

2 hours ago, Katypatra said:

Well, no one outside her fan base cares about the new albums either. So by that logic she should just always give Papa Don’t Preach? How about she performs for the fans and stop worrying about general public! I’m not saying ditch the classics! Of course not. But incorporating songs we all love, such as Sky Fits Heaven, Love Profusion, Nothing Fails (with an epic choir), Jump, even Miles Away and more, would make fans go crazy and will give general public music material they will want to download when they get home!! Her newer albums have incredible songs that general public rarely had a chance to hear, and that’s a shame! People are stuck on Like A Virgin, when there is material that is more recent that is just as good if not better!! 

I don't believe she tours "worrying about the general public".  Let's think about some of her tours of the past.  On the Drowned World Tour, she was criticized for only playing the new music. But we can go back even further than that.  The Girlie Show was hardly something for the "general public".  I'm referring to the tone of the show.  I certainly do not think she was thinking of the "General public" when she performed her LIKE A VIRGIN performance on Blond Ambition either.  And what about "Candy Shop"?  Hardly a fan favorite, and who in the "general public" even knows that song?  She still performed for three tours in a row.  So again, I don't think she's really concerned about what the "General public" thinks.  Besides, all of her tours tend to be heavy with whatever the latest album is.  That's always been her deal.  She's been known to cast aside classic songs in the past to perform newer songs.  Yet, she manages to stick a few classic in there, but she's said it all a long, she's tired of the usual iconic songs she's expected to sing such as "Holiday", "Like A Virgin" and "Material Girl".  

But let's be realistic here.. when you go out on tour with a base of fans who are from different generations and latched on because of specific eras, there's a bit of,  "Oh crap, I better perform that song".   I'm sure it's just not her.  I'm sure the touring company and people around her remind her as well.  This is what happens when you are a legend in music and people latch on to certain songs especially from the past.  Not only that, her tours just don't attract the core fans. She does attract the "general public" and sorry to say, but these people want to hear those classic songs.  From a business side of it, you have to give in to some of the classics if you want to keep the audiences coming back.

Though, I really don't think she does play to the general public because again, her tours tend to be focused on the new material of the time.  And with the huge catalog she has, and for a two hour show, you only can feature so many songs as it is. I guess that I would feel weird to show up to a Madonna concert even as a hard core fan and all of a sudden she's only singing album songs like "Love Tried to Welcome Me", "Jimmy Jimmy", and "Push".   I certainly would love to hear a few obscure songs, but she's Madonna.  I want to hear the new stuff and yes, some of the older classics. I don't really know too many artists who just perform obscure old album songs no one knows over their classics. 

Drowned World Tour setlist had to promote her last 5 albums with which by then she had never hit the road yet (Bedtime Stories, Something To Remember, Evita OST, Ray Of Light, Music, The Next Best Thing OST). Its lack of 80's stuff is understandable. And even so, the classics that she performed were general public favorites: Open Your Heart, La Isla Bonita and Holiday. So yes, she tried to pleased the casuals. And it's not like her new material singles weren't already favorites as well; they were: Secret, DCFMA, Frozen, Ray Of Light, Beautiful Stranger, Music and Don't Tell Me. Only Drowned World/Substitute For Love, What If Feels Like For A Girl and Human Nature weren't instantly recognizable hits, maybe. The rest of the setlist was the usual new album tracks that she always does.

The Girlie Show Tour setlist had influence from the Erotica backlash. The songs choices sounds like a mix of "Who cares what I sing; they don't like me anyway!" with "I'm an artist and this is art!!". But, yet, there are general public favorites: Vogue, Express Yourself, Like A Virgin, La Isla Bonita, Holiday, Justify My Love + Erotica's singles (including Fever, which is a well-known American classic) + album tracks. The only unusual adds were The Beast Within and I'm Going Bananas (which fits the Golden Hollywood theme that the show have, by paying homage to Carmen Miranda).

BAT Like A Virgin performance is just that, a performance. At the end of the day, her signature hit was performed. How, it doesn't matter. All that the general public cared was that they heard it live.

And, thanks to Oseary, Madonna believes that Candy Shop was her last #1 hit around the world so she keeps performing it over and over. I fear the day that she will find out the truth. Poor M.

I would love to see Love Tried To Welcome Me performed live and I bet that many casuals would love that "new" song, cuz it is quality from start to end. It's such a beautiful song, haunting and sad.

In my opinion, some fans - and Madonna herself, sometimes - seems to see M as a one hit wonder artist. Well, not exactly one in its exact definition, but they tend to limit her recognizable hits to Holiday, Like A Virgin, La Isla Bonita, Like A Prayer, Express Yourself, Vogue, Music and Hung Up. So, for them, it's the norm that she must always perform these songs (+ album tracks) in order to survive. And that's wrong. True Blue, a forgotten hit that wasn't performed live since 1987, got a gigant ovation and everybody sang it along during Rebel Heart Tour shows in 2015/16; maybe, even a bigger ovation than LAV or LAP got. The same reaction would happen, for sure, with Borderline, I'll Remember or The Power Of Good-Bye. Even American Pie, one of her most hated (for whatever reason) hits, would be a highlight in any actual setlist. And why? Cuz the general public KNOWS these songs, they were huge back in the day AND they're still played on the radio worldwide. Yet, once a new tour setlist leaks, there they are, the everyday usual suspects: LAV, LIB, LAP, EY, etc. Over and over again. Oh, well.

Exactly!! People LIMIT Madonna to her 80s hits and quiet franklin it pisses me off and she should just perform songs she really LOVES! She said before she was sick of Like a Virgin... I don’t blame her! Of course songs such as Vogue, Holiday, Like a Prayer are essential to what makes her Madonna, but she should NOT neglect her other discography just because the general public have put her in a box!! I was blown away when she performed Substitute for Love and Paradise during her Confessions tour. I think everyone was, including the dam general public! There’s true beauty to a lot of her recent work and she should bring it out more often! 

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 1:06 AM, dubtronic said:

254C883C-44E6-43BE-9E6F-DBE948B95407.jpeg

:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove: OMG!! How did I miss this gorgeous pic? 

Maybe she already has a video in the can. :)

Guest eroticerotic
On 6/4/2018 at 7:37 AM, Katypatra said:

We shall see...

46C43802-F0A2-463E-ACE3-01613C8F78E3.jpeg

thats a photoshopped image. you can't tell?? 

if m was donning a mask it wouldn't be something that looks like $10 bucks

1 hour ago, eroticerotic said:

thats a photoshopped image. you can't tell?? 

if m was donning a mask it wouldn't be something that looks like $10 bucks

I like the look!

Edited by CalinB

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 10:47 AM, FlyOnTheWall said:

Looks to me as she is in the last stages of completing the album.

new music.jpg

Edited by CalinB

Crowns and tiaras are going to be one of the main theme this era! And I’m ready! 

63C747E4-D999-4EFD-8D6D-04BF90CB948C.jpeg

She's been such a Good Girl lately, steered away from any controversy really. Is the Queen concerned about her approval rating? I want badass M back! She's still got it for sure.

I loved her white outfit from the Met Gala, and think that that should be her image for this era. Ethereal goddess-warrior. I really hope Madonna has more in store for us from JPG. 

4 hours ago, Like2Watch said:

She's been such a Good Girl lately, steered away from any controversy really. Is the Queen concerned about her approval rating? I want badass M back! She's still got it for sure.

She’s still got it but I’m tired of the bad ass image honestly. The Met Gala performance is what is way overdue in her career!! Classic, beautiful, epic M! 

On 6/12/2018 at 2:10 PM, yououghttavogue said:

I loved her white outfit from the Met Gala, and think that that should be her image for this era. Ethereal goddess-warrior. I really hope Madonna has more in store for us from JPG. 

I liked it a lot too but I feel like she already did the warrior thing with RH

Guest eroticerotic

If she does something witch related I’m thinking it would be more political than costumey. 

strong women were accused of sorcery and being witches and killed. So maybe this imagery could be a trendy  dressed modern madonna standing in front of an army of  women executed and alive. As if illustrating  her story and her glory is theirs. I think it would be stunning. It would be a political statement as well as keep in line with the witch theme without herself being too costumey. 

It will be Joan of Arc, you guys. She’s the most famous woman on trial for being a witch. That’s why all the joanofarchism lately...

5 minutes ago, Mat.Guy said:

It will be Joan of Arc, you guys. She’s the most famous woman on trial for being a witch. That’s why all the joanofarchism lately...

I think she was gonna do the Joan of arc theme for the RH album but it ended getting shelved

2 hours ago, Mat.Guy said:

don't recall the exact fact , was she trialed "just" for heresy and cross-dressing or also for witchcraft?

5 hours ago, the-queen said:

Angelicdonna could be her image. Like the Met performance, and her white outfit on Instagram.

Agreed! And it would be refreshing if she wore white on the album cover as well. And a crown.

12 hours ago, functions_X said:

don't recall the exact fact , was she trialed "just" for heresy and cross-dressing or also for witchcraft?

For witchcraft. She communicated with spirits that told her how the Catholic Church was misrepresented from its initial goals. She was tortured to deny it publically, but she never back down her story. So to the fire she went 😞