Beautiful Game - New Song

No joke but on this forum in 2005 there were people having meltdowns when the lyrics for “Hung Up” leaked and then when the first little snippets leaked with people worrying the song is “too gay” and would flop. :manson:

Just now, Hector said:

No joke but on this forum in 2005 there were people having meltdowns when the lyrics for “Hung Up” leaked and then when the first little snippets leaked with people worrying the song is “too gay”. :manson:

I definitely remember that! That and the "tick tocks" were too similar to Gwen Stefani. Seems like everything Confessions related is looked back with rose colored glasses these days. I'm not saying it was her most divisive era by any means, in fact once everything rolled out, most people were fully on board but there was definitely some that were "hesitating" at first. 

Btw, so nice seeing you back home again! We missed you! 🙂

15 minutes ago, Hector said:

No joke but on this forum in 2005 there were people having meltdowns when the lyrics for “Hung Up” leaked and then when the first little snippets leaked with people worrying the song is “too gay” and would flop. :manson:

it is too gay, and that's exactly why 90% of her fanbase loves it

2 hours ago, Django said:

Oh Lord... What a bunch of moaners. You compulsive complainers are the only thing that's cringe-worthy.

:clap:

Cringe worthy lyrics are fine. . . but not for the lead single!  I've found plenty to like in the last three albums, but the lead single choices have been such an embarrassment!

Everybody liked Rebel Heart and Wash all over me when they were first leaked, right?

1 minute ago, rocknrolla said:

Cringe worthy lyrics are fine. . . but not for the lead single!  I've found plenty to like in the last three albums, but the lead single choices have been such an embarrassment!

Everybody liked Rebel Heart and Wash all over me when they were first leaked, right?

Yes. RH would have faired much better (Aviccii version). But WAOM, while really great as a song - melody, lyrics, chorus - its all there and its glorious, had some cheap sounding production. She should have worked on it more (as a dance song) and it could have been sublime.

12 minutes ago, Suedy said:

Seriously some of you don’t deserve her. 

:headbang:   Praise the Lawd!!!  

Baby-worship-lawd.gif   

Those few seconds of "beautiful game" (or whatever it may end up being called) really had an impact on me. There's something dark and urgent about it, and it's very catchy!

but why are we even talking about cringy lyrics? beautiful game so far seems to have pretty good lyrics. I feel like some people are just whining out of boredom.

5 minutes ago, ruey said:

Those few seconds of "beautiful game" (or whatever it may end up being called) really had an impact on me. There's something dark and urgent about it, and it's very catchy!

Absolutely. I'm here for the darkness . 

3 minutes ago, stevo208 said:

The fact that she might be giving us a dark album makes me more excited about Mirwais being on board!

13 minutes ago, Nikki said:

but why are we even talking about cringy lyrics? beautiful game so far seems to have pretty good lyrics. I feel like some people are just whining out of boredom.

Either that or they're just idiots.

29 minutes ago, ruey said:

Yes! 

23 minutes ago, stevo208 said:

+1

10 minutes ago, Suedy said:

Either that or they're just idiots.

😂😂😂

I love you guys! And can’t waaaait! So excited!! 

I won't judge the new (?) song based on the LQ snippets or a small bunch of lyrics. No point in doing that as there are songs where you could cut a snippet and it would sound like it's a great song but the full version is a dead bore and also some of Madonna's best lyrics are very simple yet work due to music/delivery. Heck even the dreaded "singy singy singy" line works for me.

I just hope it doesn't have Beautiful in the title. She has enough of songs starting with that word.

33 minutes ago, ruey said:

The fact that she might be giving us a dark album makes me more excited about Mirwais being on board!

I may be wrong but I feel like that might be what we're getting this time and I can't wait.

Madonna makes POP music. Pop music isn’t supposed to be lyrically brilliant. It’s about balancing lyrics with a memorable melody. Something Madonna has done brilliantly throughout her entire career. 

“If I ran away, I’d never have the strength to get very far.”

Isn’t groundbreaking by any means. But her delivery is heart wrenching. And that, kiddos, is what makes Madonna stand out among the pack. 

People here complaining about lyrics simply don’t understand pop music.

On 5/10/2018 at 2:37 AM, Katypatra said:

Okay, that’s fine but Songs with kabbalistic references are not necessarily boring and in fact are some of fans most favorites. Confessions on the dance floor is full of Kabbalah. Ray of Light, even Paradise from the Music album is a ballad but it’s a true masterpiece. A very spiritual song and so beautiful! Yes Madonna delivers great fun songs like BIM, and sexy songs like HW, and it’s all great, but her heart is in the spiritual songs, and personally, those are my favorites! So I would rather her do another AL, Confessions or even ROL!! 

i agree w you 100% babe 

1 hour ago, KalamazooJay said:

Madonna makes POP music. Pop music isn’t supposed to be lyrically brilliant. It’s about balancing lyrics with a memorable melody. Something Madonna has done brilliantly throughout her entire career. 

Isn’t groundbreaking by any means. But her delivery is heart wrenching. And that, kiddos, is what makes Madonna stands out among the pack. 

YES!!!! Exactly!!

2 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

Isn’t groundbreaking by any means. But her delivery is heart wrenching. And that, kiddos, is what makes Madonna stands out among the pack. 

so true, Frozen also had very simple lyrics but as you said it's all about the delivery

18 minutes ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

so true, Frozen also had very simple lyrics but as you said it's all about the delivery

And Music? 

“Music makes the people come together”

I mean, picture Taylor Swift singing that song. It’s a disgusting thought. Because while Taylor DOES have some solid melodies, her delivery is so flat and fembot like that her songs don’t have any magic to them. 

It’s all about the vocals, melody and delivery. And Madonna nails all three. 

There isn’t a pop star around who can nail pop music the way she does. None. Past OR present. 

Um frozen’s lyrics may sound simple but obviously they have a lot of depth and meaning to them.. honestly i think theyre some lf the best lyrics she ‘s written.

On 5/8/2018 at 6:39 PM, cosmic_system said:

It doesn't sound like a Mirwais track too, more likely a Billboard track. Al least to me. Time will tell.

On 5/8/2018 at 7:27 PM, Douglaslisboa said:

It’s a very billboard track. I even had the feeling of listening to Inside Out from Britney

Definitely agree. 100% Billboard production and certain it's not the lead single. Work in progress from the new album thay fits the Met medley perfectly.