Beautiful Game - New Song

1 hour ago, humanracin said:

Yes there's no confirmation that Beautiful Game will be a single, it could just be an album track that she was trying out.

I think first single in Aug for her birthday, 2nd single and album in Sep/Oct

I think it was just a try out as well!

I agree with you about lead single in August to coincide with her big birthday (that all the leading music publications will be leading on).

Then album in October !

I think she has at least another 2 months of studio time.

I don’t think we are getting a single on Friday!

It is the first single. Absurd to perform a part of another song. I really wonder why some people want to make things so complicated. Haven't you all heard about the Ockham theory? 

3 minutes ago, karbatal said:

It is the first single. Absurd to perform a part of another song. I really wonder why some people want to make things so complicated. Haven't you all heard about the Ockham theory? 

They don’t like what they hear, that’s why they don’t want it to be the 1st single.

6 minutes ago, runa said:

They don’t like what they hear, that’s why they don’t want it to be the 1st single.

Not true. Maybe Beautiful Game is just the song that best fits the theme and mood of the performance, not necessarily the first single.
If you had to use a Rebel Heart song in between Like a prayer and Hallelujah, would you choose Living for love or Devil Pray?

3 minutes ago, cocolattee said:

Not true. Maybe Beautiful Game is just the song that best fits the theme and mood of the performance, not necessarily the first single.
If you had to use a Rebel Heart song in between Like a prayer and Hallelujah, would you choose Living for love or Devil Pray?

?

To be fair, it surprises me that people are so eager to be contrary recently. Like "she's not performing" and now "it's not the first single" with ZERO information and only pure speculation. 

1 minute ago, karbatal said:

?

To be fair, it surprises me that people are so eager to be contrary recently. Like "she's not performing" and now "it's not the first single" with ZERO information and only pure speculation. 

contrary to what?  it may be the first single or it may not
nobody knows for sure obviously

I agree that it's more likely she chose a song that fits with the theme rather than HERE'S MY NEW SINGLE Y'ALL to a select few celebs - and that's not based on the tiny clip that's impossible to critique properly anyway, but just common sense!

the vibe of this songs reminds me to these:

i don't know why. Maybe it's the melody and instrumentals. I'm for it tbh

2 minutes ago, Kim said:

I agree that it's more likely she chose a song that fits with the theme rather than HERE'S MY NEW SINGLE Y'ALL to a select few celebs - and that's not based on the tiny clip that's impossible to critique properly anyway, but just common sense!

Spot on!

Personally I think we are months away not weeks away from the first single so I doubt she would preview the lead single at all.

Dress you up was performed in may 84 for Keith Harings's birthday and love makes the world go round at live aid in 85 both way before release in the album so I think it's about being right for the occasion but also a teaser for us to build hype.

2 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

Dress you up was performed in may 84 for Keith Harings's birthday and love makes the world go round at live aid in 85 both way before release in the album so I think it's about being right for the occasion but also a teaser for us to build hype.

I agree but in this day and age I would hope she wouldn't sit on this material for 6months - 1year when historically she's had issues with songs leaking. 

18 hours ago, gamebeautiful said:

Hello, guys.

First of all, thank you for the amazing work done in the forum.

Secondly, Beautiful game is just a track for the new album. Not even considered as a second single. 

The first single was planned to be a Madonna feat Nicki minaj and Cardi B. The Nicky minaj part has been recorded but the cardi's one is in stand by mode.

Nicky?

tenor.gif?itemid=5404124

18 hours ago, Paul said:

I think it sounds great, but y'all know that 'the beautiful game' refers to soccer. is this the year of being a soccer mom coming through the lyrics hahahahahaahaha

:lmao:

giphy.gif

18 hours ago, karbatal said:

The gifs 

:rotfl:

Life has been a bit hectic, thanks for missing me! 

giphy.gif

17 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

I agree but Live Aid was massive with the general public watching......her MET performance was a unique bespoke one off for the privileged few and the fans.

Nothing official trending anywhere so I don’t think it can be classed as part of the new album era.

3 minutes ago, Suedy said:

:clap:

and stream !!

Yep. I strongly feel that the fanbase needs to make it our mission to ensure this new era is a huge success. Do whatever we can. M is precious. Show her how much she means to us. :inlove:

So... no rumor or anything about the single or the album? No official word either. Interesting... Logically speaking, by the looks of it, this was all about the Met Gala and its theme. She’s not confirming anything because there’s nothing yet to confirm. She probably hasn’t even chosen a single yet. Could still be working on the album. August release? Doubtful that she would make a big deal about being 60. Remember her reaction when she was asked how she felt about turning 50! I think it will be a lot easier to speculate if we knew what those bride photos she posted on insta that she did with Steven Klein are all about. Photo shoot? A video?? 

Don't worry Material-boy. .  He is a troll.  Read the post from Kim in this thread. Gamebeautiful is Traditional.    He once said that Madonna was going to team up with Bette Midler in the Rebel Heart Era. 

giphy.gif

11 hours ago, Hector said:

And some people here even took that seriously! :rotfl:

:lmao:

hocus-pocus-remake-winnie-bette-midler-c

7 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

So... no rumor or anything about the single or the album? No official word either. Interesting... Logically speaking, by the looks of it, this was all about the Met Gala and its theme. She’s not confirming anything because there’s nothing yet to confirm. She probably hasn’t even chosen a single yet. Could still be working on the album. August release? Doubtful that she would make a big deal about being 60. Remember her reaction when she was asked how she felt about turning 50! I think it will be a lot easier to speculate if we knew what those bride photos she posted on insta that she did with Steven Klein are all about. Photo shoot? A video?? 

That’s true about her age but she must know, as will Guy, that all the media will run with it so why not use all that mega free press to her advantage !!

If the music is ready by August she would be silly to let that chance go by without putting something out to conicide....

Personally I think it’s too early for music videos, I think she did a Klein photo shoot.

4 minutes ago, Confessit said:

That’s true about her age but she must know, as will Guy, that all the media will run with it so why not use all that mega free press to her advantage !!

If the music is ready by August she would be silly to let that chance go by without putting something out to conicide....

Personally I think it’s too early for music videos, I think she did a Klein photo shoot.

You don't make a photo shoot with this type of camera, sorry

1 minute ago, runa said:

OMG I’ve just looked again and your right !!

Wow now im thinking it could be a video !?!?

I thought it was too early and she was still recording....I’d love to be wrong !!

48 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

Oh, I didn't remember these two times! 

12 minutes ago, Confessit said:

Relying on media can be shaky. They could make a big deal about her 60 anniversary of course, or they could just not care all that much. People on here were thinkin the new song was going to be shared by everyone at Met Gala  through their social media, but only Donatella Versace did. No one else cared. Most people just focused on her LAP and Halleluhah performances. I doubt anyone even noticed it was a snippet of her new song. But no, she wasn’t using Met Gala guests to promote her new single. Especially not in the kind of quality we got to hear it. 

4 minutes ago, runa said:

Great point! Now that I think about it, Beautiful Game could be the song associated with that video she did with Steven Klein. Similar vibes there. If it is indeed the new single, I hope fans don’t go through a meltdown before they have a chance to hear the full song in high quality! 

1 minute ago, Katypatra said:

Relying on media can be shaky. They could make a big deal about her 60 anniversary of course, or they could just not care all that much. People on here were thinkin the new song was going to be shared by everyone at Met Gala  through their social media, but only Donatella Versace did. No one else cared. Most people just focused on her LAP and Halleluhah performances. I doubt anyone even noticed it was a snippet of her new song. Which is why I don’t think it’s a single. Not that I didn’t like it, I actually love it! But no, she wasn’t using Met Gala guests to promote her new single. 

I think it sounds obvious she will get at least some big write ups from the leading music publications as 60 is a big milestone! 

Madonnas hay day of being a media doll are over so I do think cashing in on this milestone makes marketing sense......especially if she’s gonna release it anyway!!

I think most of us suspected the new clip in the performance wouldn’t go viral as the MET performance is just a bespoke one off....it isn’t even published online properly anywhere ! 

It’s almost like the performance didn’t even happen this isn’t a Grammy/VMA/Coachella moment it was extremely bespoke filmed on a handful of mobiles....

The MET was her being creative again and enjoying herself it was absolutely not a marketing tick in a box for the new era.