Madonna working on new music - cont.

1 minute ago, Nonoka said:

^^My mistake, it was Star Academy, the French version of American Idol. Which is just as tacky.

Yes, I remember.. the dress made of paillettes 🙂

1 hour ago, Nonoka said:

she's been on so many tacky TV shows (Dancing With The Stars anyone?)

1 hour ago, systemvalues said:

when was she  on "dancing with the stars"?

6 hours ago, YannBouch said:

Is it the same troll who told us during the rebel heart session that Siri will feature on the new album?? LOL

I wish that one was true! I remember everybody going nuts at that rumor thinking it was real when you’d ask Siri who is Unapologetic Bitch and she’s show you Madonna. Now Siri just scolds you saying “I hope you don’t kiss your mother with that mouth!” :lol:

2 hours ago, Hector said:

I wish that one was true! I remember everybody going nuts at that rumor thinking it was real when you’d ask Siri who is Unapologetic Bitch and she’s show you Madonna. Now Siri just scolds you saying “I hope you don’t kiss your mother with that mouth!” :lol:

I made that rumor up lol.  I just wanted to see if I could get a supposed inside rumor to take flight.  I guess it worked. It was Bitch I’m Madonna featuring a sample from Motownphilly and Siri.  🙂

On 5/13/2018 at 1:20 PM, peter said:

Thanks for posting this old news story... I must have missed it amidst all the leaks and just general Christmas busy-ness.  (I remember how hectic it was around the time that Madonna released the first six tracks from RH officially on iTunes...) 

I remember being really skeptical about the final production on Hold Tight.  It did, indeed, sound so similar to Gwen's Baby Don't Lie production.  And the background vocals (yelps, really) sound so much more like Ryan Tedder than the background vox on the multiple demos which very obviously feature MNEK.  It just seemed like an error in the credits (which took quite a while to be published online, if i recall). 

I wonder what the Tedder co-writing sessions produced?  Because it doesn't seem like he is credited on anything for RH.  Guess those tracks are in the vault. 

(By the way, I really love the OneRepublic track "Love Runs Out" while we're talking about Tedder songs that we like.  I don't think that one was mentioned yet amidst the others.)

Hold Tight doesnt sound like Baby Dont Lie at all. I just dont hear it.

2 minutes ago, Rugbyguy said:

If you listen to the demos (5 of them, I think?), they all sound very similar, with minor variations. Then the album version was released, and the production is very different. There is a synth line added to the chorus which is reminiscent of the synth line in the chorus of Baby Don’t Lie. Given the rumors that Tedder and Madonna were collaborating near the end of the RH recording process, it’s not surprising people thought Tedder was involved in the final production of Hold Tight. Baby Don’t Lie came out late in the year — November or December — and we all know the RH leaks forced the early release of 6 tracks. Then Hold Tight came in the trio that was released next, before the full album. So the timing was also a factor in imagining his involvement.

Lots of fans “hear” it ... it’s not identical or anything, but the sound is similar. Not vocal delivery or anything like that - just production style. 

5 hours ago, Rugbyguy said:

They have a LOT of identical production elements. It is 100% Ryan Tedder's work.

25 minutes ago, loowee said:

They have a LOT of identical production elements. It is 100% Ryan Tedder's work.

I might be wrong but isn’t the final hold tight Tedder’s production, not the demo?

It's not. It all produced by Madonna. Like i said before, Ryan told his songs didn't make the cut and never leaked. They started working late 2014.

24 minutes ago, caba1 said:

It's not. It all produced by Madonna. Like i said before, Ryan told his songs didn't make the cut and never leaked. They started working late 2014.

Either Madonna plagiarized Ryan Tedder or he ghost produced it. Choose one.

Are we really doubting her production skills? I...

Each song has like 28394837292 collaborators and you are saying Ryan ghost produced that one. How generous

On 5/13/2018 at 3:04 AM, systemvalues said:

but I have never seen Morocco and Egypt as contestants

Morocco participated only once  in the ESC in 1980. Egypt is member of the European Broadcasting Union too, but never entered the ESC (like Algeria, Lebanon, Jordan, Libya and Vatican City).

8 minutes ago, Bette Davis Dub said:

Morocco participated only once  in the ESC in 1980. Egypt is member of the European Broadcasting Union too, but never entered the ESC (like Algeria, Lebanon, Jordan, Libya and Vatican City).

Thanks for the info ;)

I know I wont be popular with my comment but a collab, in a way or another with Khalid I'm totally for it! Just for one or two songs. It wont happen but I really like his vibe and what he brings to the pop music right now. Something modern with a touch of melancholy 

9 hours ago, caba1 said:

Are we really doubting her production skills? I...

Each song has like 28394837292 collaborators and you are saying Ryan ghost produced that one. How generous

Ugh no one is doubting her skills. It's just that the production of Hold Tight is unmistakenly Ryan Tedder and it would be naive to believe M produced the song on her own. Do you not find it odd that HT is the ONLY song with Madonna as a sole producer, EVER? Do you also not find it odd that it took them months to release the production credits of the album months after the release? Something must've happened behind the scene.

1 hour ago, loowee said:

Ugh no one is doubting her skills. It's just that the production of Hold Tight is unmistakenly Ryan Tedder and it would be naive to believe M produced the song on her own. Do you not find it odd that HT is the ONLY song with Madonna as a sole producer, EVER? Do you also not find it odd that it took them months to release the production credits of the album months after the release? Something must've happened behind the scene.

and why would he hide himself from the credits. It's just ridiculous. Did they put everyone on the credits on that song but him? His songs didn't make the cut.Period. It's not an opinion or speculation, he SAID that.

and Hold Tight wasn't the only song to be compared with Baby Don't Lie, My Kind by Hillary Duff too. And that one wasn't produced by him either.

If she really did produced the song by herself (and I doubt it, and not because she’s not capable) then we know who is to blame for the worst vocals production on the whole album (an album with lots of production problems). It sounds like it was recorded underwater. 

Edited by cosmic_system

I dunno, it always reminded me of the major lazer and Ariana grande song from the first time I heard it so I assumed diplo produced it. Girlfriend did NOT produce that song all on her own and we all know it. Those credits are an error by omission.