Plan Madonna's next era

Anne

10 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

Even that blurry concept art of Madonna with a third eye is better 😂 And no, it’s her Witness album. And I think this would have been a way better cover 

9FB22A28-D5C6-4EAD-8542-15B9061CD82E.jpeg

Oh, and this is what her actual witness cover makes me feel like 😂

🤣🤣🤣 omg

10 hours ago, Mat.Guy said:

YES!

I thought and was arguing in 2013 that the Madonna Witch album would be M13, for all the clues and concepts, but I'm ok with M14!

Let the witch hunt begin! #Magic #Inquisition

Madonna-illustration.jpg

A fierce and witchy glamourous Madonna burning at the stake would make a striking album cover and get lots of media!

#magic #nature #motherearthdonna

She should do a playboy august cover shoot to show the haters how its done with 60. Plus special interview talking about new music.

1 minute ago, Miphiwart said:

She should do a playboy august cover shoot to show the haters how its done with 60. Plus special interview talking about new music.

Yes!!

4 hours ago, Miphiwart said:

+10000 I’ve been saying the 60th birthday playboy pictorial for years 

4 hours ago, Miphiwart said:

nah.. in a way it's predictable and so below her standards. very patricia paay. no thanks

Guest eroticerotic

I am not believing the whole Magic thing only because i sent her stuff and I refuse to believe it was that "easy" - I've been a fan since 1995, and it's full circle for me personally to be releasing a second record that is being critically and music lover acclaimed thus far with the little previews i've made. i plan on going hard with Looking For Magic so in my head, madonna tagging magic is pure coincidence?? referring to the magic of creation? I'm so shook. there is no way our universes would cross this hard? anyway!

I'm so used to fighting for things to happen this would be too cake. lol

however it goes down, i will work with madonna. and all will be right in the world :)))))

Instead of the whole continuation of the mysticism of rol for the roll out of this era - to also be in theme with working with Mirwais again in a Trump era, a  roll out of the  new era as a Secret Service/FBI agent, helicopter, Ropes from the roof, jewel thief etc. would be cool. The whole secrecy theme alongside keeping  it action packed and modern.

I think Magic as an album name is overused. I would suggest Phenomena or Like A Vision.

Just my thoughts! 🙂

Interesting thought, @eroticerotic... The “jewel thief” idea was one I sort of had — instead, an art thief, though — for a video for “Masterpiece.” Probably too literal, because of the “like a thief in the night” line — but it could have been a beautiful video. Her just dressed all in black catsuit, with gloves and a small flashlight, like a cat burglar in a dark museum. They could have used other M photos through the years as the basis for the artwork on the walls in the hallways as establishing shots, etc. And then, I imagined her being so taken with the masterpiece painting that she just would admire it, and ultimately leave it untouched... 

But that was for a different era and a different (sorta) first single. Maybe this performance at the Met will become a video — and a museum has lots of jewels (and other treasures, too).

Best wishes with your music, @eroticerotic!

53 minutes ago, Lolasmommy said:

She should guest judge on RuPauls Drag Race as part of the new album promotion- I can’t believe she hasn’t done it already & hate that Gaga did it before her!

OMG, that would be too Gaga and too cheap for her 🙂

On 5/10/2018 at 4:56 AM, elijah said:

What would you recommend she do to stay relevant with the LGBTQ community and show her continued support? Go on Ellen lol

On 5/10/2018 at 5:56 AM, elijah said:

🙄

They did numerous Madonna runways (and only did a Gaga runway when she was a guest), and Michelle is such a huge Madonna fan. She would literally die on stage if Madonna was a guest judge, as would the competing queens. That being said...

On 5/10/2018 at 5:02 AM, Lolasmommy said:

She should guest judge on RuPauls Drag Race as part of the new album promotion- I can’t believe she hasn’t done it already & hate that Gaga did it before her!

RuPaul isn't really a platform to branch out. It wouldn't help a lot as I feel the basic audience is already Madonna conscious and would know about the new album or whatever promo she did there. But...

27 minutes ago, Lolasmommy said:

What would you recommend she do to stay relevant with the LGBTQ community and show her continued support? Go on Ellen lol

It would definitely be viewed as a nice nod to LGBTQ community from her part.

Edited by Mr.Bedtime

4 hours ago, Mr.Bedtime said:

RuPaul isn't really a platform to branch out. It wouldn't help a lot as I feel the basic audience is already Madonna conscious and would know about the new album or whatever promo she did there. But...

Do you know the demographic that watches RuPaul? I work at a university in leading London university and every year the new students (aged 18-21) shock me with how much they are into drag race and how generally ‘woke’ these kids are including the straight white ones!

At this point, I’d just like her to actually confirm an actual date and start a new era...something...anything...shit, she could release a cover of the Mickey Mouse Club song as a single and I’d be happy!

1. Surprised single drop after Memorial Day weekend. Any catchy tune for summer would do.
  2. Surprised album drop mid-July.
  3. Announce world tour with the second single mid-August
  4. Drop any powerful ballad early December
  5. Tour starts early March and call it a day

At this point we will only get 3 singles from M, so plan wisely. She has to sell MDNA Skin still, you know. :lol:

45 minutes ago, Lolasmommy said:

Do you know the demographic that watches RuPaul? I work at a university in leading London university and every year the new students (aged 18-21) shock me with how much they are into drag race and how generally ‘woke’ these kids are including the straight white ones!

Well we have U.S. ratings numbers and those aren't huge (I'm pretty sure I haven't seen a single episode go over 1 million viewers and usually these later seasons pull 500k-800k viewers per episode). The show is definitely popular online via streaming/downloading, but we have no idea about those numbers so we can't extract any conclusions from that. You also have to take into account which university you work at - certain areas do attract more LGBTQ people who are main target of this show and it's more likely they will know about it.

I love RPDR, but a GMA, Ellen performance would do 10x more in promotion than RPDR. It's a popular show but not a big promo platform - check the view for music videos of queens that competed. Even when they release stuff while at their most popular on show they don't get that much views on Youtube.

2 hours ago, Mr.Bedtime said:

Well we have U.S. ratings numbers and those aren't huge (I'm pretty sure I haven't seen a single episode go over 1 million viewers and usually these later seasons pull 500k-800k viewers per episode). The show is definitely popular online via streaming/downloading, but we have no idea about those numbers so we can't extract any conclusions from that. You also have to take into account which university you work at - certain areas do attract more LGBTQ people who are main target of this show and it's more likely they will know about it.

I love RPDR, but a GMA, Ellen performance would do 10x more in promotion than RPDR. It's a popular show but not a big promo platform - check the view for music videos of queens that competed. Even when they release stuff while at their most popular on show they don't get that much views on Youtube.

Why does support for the LGBTQ community have to involve numbers/viewing figures? I don’t think M supports the LGBTQ community just to chase the pink pound?!

10 hours ago, Lolasmommy said:

Why does support for the LGBTQ community have to involve numbers/viewing figures? I don’t think M supports the LGBTQ community just to chase the pink pound?!

It doesn't. If you read my first post I said that RPDR won't help much with promotion, but it will definitely be a great nod to LGBTQ community.

19 hours ago, Mr.Bedtime said:

It would definitely be viewed as a nice nod to LGBTQ community from her part.

^^ See 😉

On 5/11/2018 at 3:04 PM, Lolasmommy said:

Do what she's always done and create amazing, controversial art but without pandering to the gay community by going on trashy TV shows saying everything is 'fierce'.

2 hours ago, jonski43 said:

Do what she's always done and create amazing, controversial art but without pandering to the gay community by going on trashy TV shows saying everything is 'fierce'.

What's trashy about RuPaul's drag race? I'm not saying this because I'm a fan, but It's awesome when they pay tribute to artists of the past and always make the contestants who don't know who that person / group / band is look stupid and naive. 

I'd prefer that a million times over the people a decade ago dying for Madonna to go on AMERICAN IDOL :dead:

22 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

What's trashy about RuPaul's drag race? I'm not saying this because I'm a fan, but It's awesome when they pay tribute to artists of the past and always make the contestants who don't know who that person / group / band is look stupid and naive. 

I'd prefer that a million times over the people a decade ago dying for Madonna to go on AMERICAN IDOL :dead:

Never watched it and I do like Rupaul but since I saw slob went on there, the show will be forever tainted from a celeb appearance point of view.

An album that doesn't stink of label/Guy interference filled with mediocre songs that are very obviously desperate to be a top 40 hit, let her write and produce as much as she wants, left to her own devices and only one - three co-writers and producers for the entire project.

Four singles, spaced at a 2 - 3 months intervals with good, creative visions behind them and awesome club remixes to extend her Club Dance Songs record OR a concept film like Lemonade and Dirty Sexy Computer.

An actual push by Interscope, I'm talking media and advertisement, I want to see huge motherfucking billboards on Madison Square Garden advertising her new album.

Guy does his job and books her in relevant TV shows (Ellen, Good Morning America, James Corden, Jimmy Kimmel, Graham Norton - where she's interviewed and performs), also booking her on a ton of magazine covers from The Advocate to Vogue to Rolling Stone - instead of continuing to distance herself from her back catalogue, they take advantage of the fact the biggest solo entertainer alive is still kicking it, turning 60, putting out new stuff and even *gasp, shock* recognizing her past stuff to get more casual fan/old fan that doesn't much care for the stuff she's been putting out lately interest.

Guy and Interscope partner her up with actual relevant social media platforms, do another live Instagram Q&A, have her new album up front on Spotify and Apple Music/iTunes, make new featured playlists that celebrate her past but also plug her new stuff hard, finish the job they've started of getting her YouTube right, have a special, intimate surprise performance streamed live on YouTube days/a day before the album drops, stop pretending TIDAL is gonna happen.

Pump up the tour. Tease it, get the fans involved for real (as in, have fans suggest songs and then Guy can actually sit down with Madonna and explain to her why fans want to hear Cherish, Get Together, Don't Tell Me, Frozen, Crazy for You, etc. again and why it's just good business to include at least two or three of the least obvious singles - but equally huge hits - that she hasn't already done to death in the past decade on the setlist).

Don't hire Arianne Phillips.

Call up Gaultier.

Call up Stuart Price.

Hire a live band and actual have them play instruments. Like, onstageLive.

Don't you dare not hire Marvin, Chaz, Kupono and Aya and Bambi to dance, but also go after new blood.

Go beyond the overplayed markets, in fact, suggestions of a tour itinerary after the jump:

Spoiler

September 01, 2018 - London, England - The O2 Arena

September 02, 2018 - London, England - The O2 Arena

September 04, 2018 - Paris, France - AccorsHotel Arena

September 05, 2018 - Paris, France - AccorsHotel Arena

September 08, 2018 - Amsterdam, Netherlands - Ziggo Dome

September 09, 2018 - Amsterdam, Netherlands - Ziggo Dome

September 12, 2018 - Bremen, Germany - ÖVB Arena

September 14, 2018 - Hamburg, Germany - Barclaycard Arena

September 16, 2018 - Leipzig, Germany - Red Bull Arena

September 19, 2018 - Naples, Italy - Stadio San Paolo

September 21, 2018 - Genova, Italy - Stadio Luigi Ferraris

September 23, 2018 - Bologna, Italy - Stadio Renato dall’Ara

September 26, 2018 - Zagreb, Croatia - Stadion Maksimir

September 30, 2018 - Helsinki, Finland - Olympiastadion Helsinki

October 03, 2018 - Oslo, Norway - Ullevaal Stadion

October 06, 2018 - Stockholm, Sweden - Ericsson Globe

October 07, 2018 - Stockholm, Sweden - Ericsson Globe

October 10, 2018 - Copenhagen, Denmark - Royal Arena

October 13, 2018 - Reykjavík, Iceland - Laugardalsvöllur

October 18, 2018 - Belfast, Northern Ireland - Windsor Park

October 21, 2018 - Madrid, Spain - WiZink Center

October 22, 2018 - Madrid, Spain - WiZink Center

October 24, 2018 - Lisbon, Portugal - Estádio da Luz

October 30, 2018 - Cape Town, South Africa - Cape Town Stadium

November 03, 2018 - Johannesburg, South Africa - FNB Stadium

November 10, 2018 - New York City, United States - Madison Square Garden

November 11, 2018 - New York City, United States - Madison Square Garden

November 13, 2018 - Brooklyn, United States - Barclays Center

November 15, 2018 - East Rutherford, United States - Izod Center

November 17, 2018 - Atlantic City, United States - Boardwalk Hall

November 20, 2018 - Boston, United States - TD Garden

November 22, 2018 - Montréal, Canada - Bell Centre

November 24, 2018 - Ottawa, Canada - Canadian Tire Centre

November 25, 2018 - Ottawa, Canada - Canadian Tire Centre

November 28, 2018 - Milwaukee, United States - BMO Harris Bradley Center

November 30, 2018 - Chicago, United States - United Center

December 02, 2018 - Indianapolis, United States - Bankers Life Fieldhouse

December 04, 2018 - Detroit, United States - Little Caesars Arena

December 06, 2018 - Cleveland, United States - Quicken Loans Arena

December 08, 2018 - Columbus, United States - Value City Arena

December 11, 2018 - Baltimore, United States - Royal Farms Arena

December 13, 2018 - Washington, D.C., United States - Verizon Center

December 15, 2018 - Orlando, United States - Amway Center

December 18, 2018 - Miami, United States - American Airlines Arena

January 04, 2019 - St. Louis, United States - Scottrade Center

January 06, 2019 - Kansas City, United States - Sprint Center

January 08, 2019 - Dallas, United States - American Airlines Center

January 10, 2019 - Austin, United States - Frank Erwin Center

January 12, 2019 - Las Vegas, United States - T-Mobile Arena

January 16, 2019 - Calgary, Canada - McMahon Stadium

January 19, 2019 - Winnipeg, Canada - Investors Group Field

January 22, 2019 - Oakland, United States - Oracle Arena

January 24, 2019 - Fresno, United States - Save Mart Center

January 26, 2019 - Los Angeles, United States - Staples Center

January 27, 2019 - Los Angeles, United States - Staples Center

February 02, 2019 - Mexico City, Mexico - Palacio de Deportes

February 03, 2019 - Mexico City, Mexico - Palacio de Deportes

February 06, 2019 - Guatemala City, Guatemala - Estadio Mateo Flores

February 08, 2019 - San José, Costa Rica - Estadio Nacional de Costa Rica

February 10, 2019 - Panama City, Panama - Estadio Rommel Fernandez

February 13, 2019 - Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic - Estadio Félix Sánchez

February 16, 2019 - Bogotá, Colombia - Estadio Nemesio Camacho 'El Campín'

February 17, 2019 - Bogotá, Colombia - Estadio Nemesio Camacho 'El Campín'

February 19, 2019 - Guayaquil, Ecuador - Monumental Isidro Romero Carbo

February 21, 2019 - Lima, Peru - Estadio Monumental U

February 23, 2019 - La Plata, Argentina - Estadio Ciudad de la Plata

February 24, 2019 - La Plata, Argentina - Estadio Ciudad de la Plata

February 26, 2019 - La Paz, Bolivia - Estadio Hernando Miles

February 28, 2019 - Asunción, Paraguay - Estadio General Pablo Rojas

March 02, 2019 - Montevideo, Uruguay - Estadio Centenario

March 05, 2019 - Santiago, Chile - Estadio Nacional

March 08, 2019 - Porto Alegre, Brazil - Arena do Grêmio

March 10, 2019 - Curitiba, Brazil - Arena da Baixada

March 13, 2019 - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil - Estádio Olímpico Nilton Santos

March 16, 2019 - São Paulo, Brazil - Allianz Parque

March 17, 2019 - São Paulo, Brazil - Allianz Parque

March 20, 2019 - Belo Horizonte, Brazil - Estádio Governador Magalhães Pinto

March 23, 2019 - Salvador, Brazil - Arena Fonte Nova

Don't rush her.

Let her do her thing.

Unless her thing is Human Nature/Candy Shop/Like a Prayer/Like a Virgin/5 seconds of Vogue in a salsa arrangement again or whatever.

Let her breathe but guide her.

Do not let her edit the tour film.

5 hours ago, Vinny said:

An album that doesn't stink of label/Guy interference filled with mediocre songs that are very obviously desperate to be a top 40 hit, let her write and produce as much as she wants, left to her own devices and only one - three co-writers and producers for the entire project.

Four singles, spaced at a 2 - 3 months intervals with good, creative visions behind them and awesome club remixes to extend her Club Dance Songs record OR a concept film like Lemonade and Dirty Sexy Computer.

An actual push by Interscope, I'm talking media and advertisement, I want to see huge motherfucking billboards on Madison Square Garden advertising her new album.

Guy does his job and books her in relevant TV shows (Ellen, Good Morning America, James Corden, Jimmy Kimmel, Graham Norton - where she's interviewed and performs), also booking her on a ton of magazine covers from The Advocate to Vogue to Rolling Stone - instead of continuing to distance herself from her back catalogue, they take advantage of the fact the biggest solo entertainer alive is still kicking it, turning 60, putting out new stuff and even *gasp, shock* recognizing her past stuff to get more casual fan/old fan that doesn't much care for the stuff she's been putting out lately interest.

Guy and Interscope partner her up with actual relevant social media platforms, do another live Instagram Q&A, have her new album up front on Spotify and Apple Music/iTunes, make new featured playlists that celebrate her past but also plug her new stuff hard, finish the job they've started of getting her YouTube right, have a special, intimate surprise performance streamed live on YouTube days/a day before the album drops, stop pretending TIDAL is gonna happen.

Pump up the tour. Tease it, get the fans involved for real (as in, have fans suggest songs and then Guy can actually sit down with Madonna and explain to her why fans want to hear Cherish, Get Together, Don't Tell Me, Frozen, Crazy for You, etc. again and why it's just good business to include at least two or three of the least obvious singles - but equally huge hits - that she hasn't already done to death in the past decade on the setlist).

Call up Gaultier.

Call up Stuart Price.

Don't you dare not hire Marvin, Chaz, Kupono and Aya and Bambi to dance, but also go after new blood.

Go beyond the overplayed markets, in fact, suggestions of a tour itinerary after the jump:

Hide contents

Don't rush her.

Let her do her thing.

Unless her thing is Human Nature/Candy Shop/Like a Prayer/Like a Virgin/5 seconds of Vogue in a salsa arrangement again or whatever.

They should hire you. Very impressive. 🙂

just one thing: Don’t think she can fill up the Allianz Parque in São Paulo (where I live) for two nights anymore. Most probably one, but not two. The GP’s interest in Madonna is not what it used to be pre MDNA and Give it to me was her last bonafide hit in Brazil. 

All of those suggestions are really good! They should definitely hire you! That is what I call truly constructive criticism. Acknowledging she isn't perfect but not being nasty about it, with your love for her shining through.  My biggest wish for this era is to have her on the thick fall September issue of Vogue! 

@luizotaviobarros - Thank you! I went for Allianz because judging by the MDNA Tour box office data she still has the potential to sell out a stadium in São Paulo, but probably not Morumbi again and I know Allianz is considerably smaller (I haven't seen pictures of the second MDNA show at Morumbi, but judging by the official Billboard numbers and the stadium capacity I'm pretty sure the stadium was mostly empty that night), but you are probably right =/

@Glindathegood - Thank you too! I have to confess: I'm new here, but I've noticed a lot of people and comments that are so mean and nasty that it makes me wonder why they're even here at all. I don't believe in blindly following ANYONE and praising them as if they're flawless, that's fanaticism and it leaves no room for constructive criticism and for the artist to grow, but the aggressiveness and nastiness I've seen here - which... not that surprising because The Internet - can sometimes dampen my mood. Acknowledging flaws is not an attack and acting like you're Regina George is not "real" of you, it just makes you a dick with a queen bee complex.

P.S.: If I were managing her, you can bet your ass one of the first points I'd address is how awful her back catalogue has been handled. Like, I'd straight-up look her in the eyes and ask her if she likes losing money by not organizing, preserving and exploring 35 years of material and hard work.

19 hours ago, Vinny said:

Call up Gaultier.

Call up Stuart Price.

Hide contents

Don't rush her.

Let her do her thing.

Good Tour Itinerary except u are missing Australia & Asia which she promised she would come back to in 2019!

12 minutes ago, rebelheart said:

Good Tour Itinerary except u are missing Australia & Asia which she promised she would come back to in 2019!

I thought about including it, but I figured she'd tap into more unexplored territories and I don't think she'd like to tour for more than six months especially because she has a movie to direct for some reason and seeing as how the RHT Australian dates were profitable, but the demand wasn't as high as they were expecting, I figured she'd sit Oceania and Asia out this time around.

I don't know how create a new topic, but i create this schedule for the upcoming tour. It will be a stadium tour, with 76 shows

I based on this new: http://www.optimaitalia.com/blog/2018/01/24/concerto-di-madonna-a-messina-nel-giugno-2019-una-star-internazionale-in-arrivo-al-san-filippo/971121

Spoiler

Leg. 1 - Oceania (4 shows)
20/04 - Melbourne/Australia - Meulbourne Cricket Ground
23/04 - Adelaide/Australia - Adelaide Oval
26/04 - Sydney/Australia - ANZ Stadium
28/04 - Auckland/New Zeland - Eden Park

Leg.2 - Asia (10 shows)
02/05 - Bangkok/Tailândia - Rajamangala Stadium
05/05 - Hong Kong - Hong Kong Stadium
08/05 - Taipei/Taiwan - Kaohsiung Stadium
11/05 - Seoul/South Korea - Seoul Olympic Stadium
16/05 - Fukuoka/Japan - Fukuoka Yahuoku! Dome