Another day. Another mass shooting in America.

What would have to happen to get tighter gun control?

A mass shooting at a NRA conference?

A mass shooting at a Republican conference? 

If a mass shooting at a school won't compel people to rethink gun laws what will? 

6 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

What shocked me was that I didn't even get a news alert from the BBC for the first one. It's only when the second one happened that I got one. 

It's like the first one wasn't newsworthy enough as it's so frequent.

Don't know what else to say.

It's true.

I go to Bali - everyone says "Oh be careful"

I go to Sri Lanka - everyone say "Oh that's so unsafe"

I go to Turkey - everyone says "I wouldnt go"

Even Europe - "stay away from large crowds"

But when I say Im going to the US, nobody bats an eyelid. It doesn't even register to most people any more.

6 minutes ago, nightcutter said:

What would have to happen to get tighter gun control?

A mass shooting at a NRA conference?

A mass shooting at a Republican conference? 

If a mass shooting at a school won't compel people to rethink gun laws what will? 

A real president?

6 hours ago, Paul said:

A real president?

Not fair, it falls on the senate...look how obama always struggled because of them. And now we even less democrats and more Republicans. Thats why i hate this generation who do not vote or will vote 3rd party just because they dont think someone is perfect. Look at hillary...did people really think she was worse than trump? And now we're stuck him and his supreme court justice. What is happening to america is our own damn fault. We let this happen. And we better buckle up for trumps 2nd term.

6 minutes ago, FreeMySoul said:

These acts of domestic terrorism has been fueled by Donald Trump a President not of the United States but of white nationalism. His racism allowed this to happen. 

Nope, it was there before. Look at all the horrible things that were said and done when Obama was president. Trump isn't the cause of this but a symptom of it. If it hadn't existed he wouldn't have gotten to where he is at. Trump is the poster child but hardly the cause or the originator of this state.

7 hours ago, Paul said:

It's true.

I go to Bali - everyone says "Oh be careful"

I go to Sri Lanka - everyone say "Oh that's so unsafe"

I go to Turkey - everyone says "I wouldnt go"

Even Europe - "stay away from large crowds"

But when I say Im going to the US, nobody bats an eyelid. It doesn't even register to most people any more.

well, most people are incredibly racist and ignorant when it comes to foreign countries. 

bunch of idiots... don't give easy access to high-powered ammunitions...  pistols, rifles only with police clearance before being given a gun license and a permit to carry firearms... 

Guest eroticerotic

Criminals Don’t Care.

Gun Laws do need to be stricter. But this is a HUGE, moral issue before it is a gun issue. Let's say, guns are taken away from people (which, I don't agree with. If you are responsible to own a car, a house, you can own a gun. However I feel that people Do need to go through tests and certifications to own, just like you would need to take a test to drive, to adopt, etc) You still have the criminals who will own guns. And Those who don't, will find a different weapon to use. 

We live in a society that will give the details of the shooter over the details/backstories of the victims to honor them. We make movies romanticizing serial killers.  I'm not sure how that helps, aside from letting someone with a bunch of rage know they will be famous if they act on their rage against random people instead of, being a responsible citizen. We live in a society where, people are not feeling loved, are not being loved, and are creating delusional stories in their heads giving them the courage to carry out what they do. You are not a sane person to carry out these things. And to be honest, it probably has a lot to do with social media. 

I just can't believe how out of context things can be taken, to no end on the internet. such a waste.  People will get mad over nothing, get all social justice warriory over nothing. Sometimes, I find myself getting worked up, over assumptions and I"m like....oh I'm being just like everyone else on the net. yuck.

I can't imagine being a teen this day and age.

For me this is all falling back to morality. Lack of respect for living things. Lack of faith. Boundaries. Family. Community. Having everything at your fingertips, unearned. I do think that just as you need to pass certain things to own a house, a car, a gun, and adopt, you need to pass certain qualifications to have access to the internet. Trust you me, the internet, is responsible for alot of  thoughtless, emotional impulsivity.

3 hours ago, eroticerotic said:

Criminals Don’t Care.

Gun Laws do need to be stricter. But this is a HUGE, moral issue before it is a gun issue. Let's say, guns are taken away from people (which, I don't agree with. If you are responsible to own a car, a house, you can own a gun. However I feel that people Do need to go through tests and certifications to own, just like you would need to take a test to drive, to adopt, etc) You still have the criminals who will own guns. And Those who don't, will find a different weapon to use. 

We live in a society that will give the details of the shooter over the details/backstories of the victims to honor them. We make movies romanticizing serial killers.  I'm not sure how that helps, aside from letting someone with a bunch of rage know they will be famous if they act on their rage against random people instead of, being a responsible citizen. We live in a society where, people are not feeling loved, are not being loved, and are creating delusional stories in their heads giving them the courage to carry out what they do. You are not a sane person to carry out these things. And to be honest, it probably has a lot to do with social media. 

I just can't believe how out of context things can be taken, to no end on the internet. such a waste.  People will get mad over nothing, get all social justice warriory over nothing. Sometimes, I find myself getting worked up, over assumptions and I"m like....oh I'm being just like everyone else on the net. yuck.

For me this is all falling back to morality. Lack of respect for living things. Lack of faith. Boundaries. Family. Community. Having everything at your fingertips, unearned. I do think that just as you need to pass certain things to own a house, a car, a gun, and adopt, you need to pass certain qualifications to have access to the internet. Trust you me, the internet, is responsible for alot of  thoughtless, emotional impulsivity.

It is only in America though that on mass many people think it is a right to own a gun.. Other countries don't think like that. There is a huge difference to owning a house and car to owning a gun. Houses are homes we live in, cars are used for transport but guns are made to injure and kill. 

I understand that many Americans think that gun ownership is important, but no other country feels the same.  Why no other country has so many gun massacres. People getting shot in mass in churches, nightclubs, shopping centres, music festivals, on the street,, at work and at school - happens so often in the USA. Huge massacres happened once in both Australia and New Zealand - Port Arthur and Christchurch - and very strict gun laws were announced straight away.  It has worked in Australia completely. Nobody is scared of being killed in gun massacres here. 

9 hours ago, eroticerotic said:

Criminals Don’t Care.

I agree on everything you wrote. It's a problem caused by many issues not just one. What's sad is both parties agree on so many things that would help (from stricter gun laws and helping the mentally ill)and yet, it's all talk and mouth after every shooting and nothing gets done. Also there are existing laws now that aren't enforced. You really do have to wonder how much the NRA controls and owns everyone from both parties and the entire system. It's just sad. 😑😪

21 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

I agree on everything you wrote. It's a problem caused by many issues not just one. What's sad is both parties agree on so many things that would help (from stricter gun laws and helping the mentally ill)and yet, it's all talk and mouth after every shooting and nothing gets done. Also there are existing laws now that aren't enforced. You really do have to wonder how much the NRA controls and owns everyone from both parties and the entire system. It's just sad. 😑😪

Independent Expenditures: $8,989,810
     For Democrats: $12,942
     Against Democrats: $4,344,473
     For Republicans: $5,149,314
     Against Republicans: $44,591
Electioneering Communications: $0About Electioneering Communications
Communication Costs: $561,510

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/summary.php?id=d000000082

These shootings are a stain on the fabric of our country but what's even more troubling is the collective shrug that seems to be more common with each shooting that happens. Like, an 'oh well, bad things happen' type of mentality. I was out a bar on Saturday night and NOT A SINGLE PERSON mentioned these shootings. And on Sunday we did a winery and brewery tour and, again, NO ONE TALKED ABOUT THEM. 

It's chilling that as a society we're beginning to just accept these shootings.