Men Who Love Men But Who Don’t Want to Be Called ‘Gay’

Camacho

https://hornetapp.com/stories/men-who-love-men-androphile/

Men Who Love Men But Who Don’t Want to Be Called ‘Gay’ Are Now Opting for This Odd Label

Written by Alexander Kacala on October 10, 2017

Men who love men but who don’t identify with the LGBTQ community have come up with a new word to describe themselves, as a new interview with the BBC brings to light.

“I think ‘homosexual’ is a bit clinical, and lots of people use it negatively,” Nicolas Chinardet says.  “‘Gay’ has a certain lifestyle attached to it, which I don’t recognize myself in.”

Chinardet doesn’t relate to what he calls “the clichés you could attach to the ‘gay’ scene”. A club photographer, he says unless he’s working, “I don’t go clubbing. I don’t like shopping.”

Chinardet came up with an alternative term to describe himself as a man who finds other men sexually attractive: androphile. He created the term with his knowledge of the Greek language, putting two words together – the prefix “andro”, meaning man, and “phile”, denoting love for something.

Explaining the word’s definition, Chinardet said: “It’s a polite, nonspecific way to ask what a certain person is attracted to. An androphilic man is homosexual, while an androphilic woman is heterosexual.”

The word has been co-opted by another young gay men who also identities as alt-right.  Henning Diesel is a right-wing libertarian who lives near Hamburg, Germany. He also rejects the word “gay” and has begun to identify, too, as androphile.

“Gay is part of the LGBT+ world that I never see myself as part of,” the 37 year-old explains.

He explains that he doesn’t identify with “gay music, like Lady Gaga, Ariana Grande and Miley Cyrus” and “gay TV and movies, like Queer As Folk.”

Henning admits to being “sort of associated with the alt-right,” and he regularly shares alt-right memes, as well as videos and tweets created by figures in the alt-right movement.

“My sexual orientation is homosexual,” he says. He describes his personality as having “typically male characteristics like courage or diligence — very traditional aspects.”

:lmao:

MORONS! 

I heard about this like 15 years ago. One dude I knew worked as a voluntary in some safe sex thing in Barcelona. And he told me about this. I was mesmerised at how far people reach not to accept their sexuality. Because, frankly, I feel almost offended that those people think I am exactly like the rest of the gays out there! "I don't go clubbing, I don't go shopping"! HAHAHAHAHAAH Most of us don't go either! 

Once people become accepted members of society, they become like everyone else in society with the same prejudices. In this case: old fashioned machismo and white supremacist. Men HAVE to act a certain way because our fathers and grandfathers said so :rolleyes::lmao:and well... I don't have to go into what white supremacists the alt-right believes in.

“Henning admits to being “sort of associated with the alt-right,” and he regularly shares alt-right memes, as well as videos and tweets created by figures in the alt-right movement.

“My sexual orientation is homosexual,” he says. He describes his personality as having “typically male characteristics like courage or diligence — very traditional aspects.”

:doh:

6 hours ago, Hector said:

https://hornetapp.com/stories/men-who-love-men-androphile/

Men Who Love Men But Who Don’t Want to Be Called ‘Gay’ Are Now Opting for This Odd Label

Written by Alexander Kacala on October 10, 2017

Men who love men but who don’t identify with the LGBTQ community have come up with a new word to describe themselves, as a new interview with the BBC brings to light.

“I think ‘homosexual’ is a bit clinical, and lots of people use it negatively,” Nicolas Chinardet says.  “‘Gay’ has a certain lifestyle attached to it, which I don’t recognize myself in.”

Chinardet doesn’t relate to what he calls “the clichés you could attach to the ‘gay’ scene”. A club photographer, he says unless he’s working, “I don’t go clubbing. I don’t like shopping.”

Chinardet came up with an alternative term to describe himself as a man who finds other men sexually attractive: androphile. He created the term with his knowledge of the Greek language, putting two words together – the prefix “andro”, meaning man, and “phile”, denoting love for something.

Explaining the word’s definition, Chinardet said: “It’s a polite, nonspecific way to ask what a certain person is attracted to. An androphilic man is homosexual, while an androphilic woman is heterosexual.”

The word has been co-opted by another young gay men who also identities as alt-right.  Henning Diesel is a right-wing libertarian who lives near Hamburg, Germany. He also rejects the word “gay” and has begun to identify, too, as androphile.

“Gay is part of the LGBT+ world that I never see myself as part of,” the 37 year-old explains.

He explains that he doesn’t identify with “gay music, like Lady Gaga, Ariana Grande and Miley Cyrus” and “gay TV and movies, like Queer As Folk.”

Henning admits to being “sort of associated with the alt-right,” and he regularly shares alt-right memes, as well as videos and tweets created by figures in the alt-right movement.

Surprise, surprise!!!

Of course it would be an "alt-right" neo-fascist who is pulling this self-loathing bullshit. 

And they say 'the left' is obsessed with 'identity politics'.  Right.........

Self-hatred is dangerous people.

I think a part of our society is still so full of the old anti gay propaganda that these men - who not surprisingly belong to or want to belong to that part of society- feel the need to validate those bigoted sentiments. They're basically saying they're anti stereotypes by clearly falling into the trap of stereotyping the LGBT themselves. Must suck to be them though. They're probably living their life drenched in guilt and self hate. They seriously need to move to more accepting cities or areas. 

5 hours ago, MeakMaker said:

I think a part of our society is still so full of the old anti gay propaganda that these men - who not surprisingly belong to or want to belong to that part of society- feel the need to validate those bigoted sentiments. They're basically saying they're anti stereotypes by clearly falling into the trap of stereotyping the LGBT themselves. Must suck to be them though. They're probably living their life drenched in guilt and self hate. They seriously need to move to more accepting cities or areas. 

THIS.

1 hour ago, promise to try said:

I don´t understand...is this like, well, when you are fat and your granmother says that you have a "strong body"???

or simply, they don´t accept themselves?

:lol:

That's the best comparison ever. 

Anyway, these "men you love men" are the ones writing those horrid ads in those pages, where they look casual encounters "between bros" to jerk off to straight films.