Mass shooting in Las Vegas

LSD

48 minutes ago, StrawberryBounce12 said:

Yeah an act of evil alright but why is Trump hesitant to call this a terror attack?  Hmmm is it because white males are now the face of domestic terrorism in the U.S.? And yeah I'm gonna bring race into it because if this was a homegrown muslim, they'd be called a "terrorist". If it was a black person, "a violent thug" and etc,

Why are deranged white males in the U.S. treated on a case by case basis and it's all due to "mental illness" but with everyone else the entire race/religion is blamed. Such bullshit. Excuses will be made as usual and the shooter will be described as "mentally ill" in the media. Just wait and see.

Trump and other bigots are so worried about the muslims, blacks and mexicans yet ignore the fact that the ones causing the most damage are white, male homegrown terrorists. When will America face the truth about that already? There's a pattern here.

What's gonna be done about this? Let's just all "pray" for Vegas I guess, forget all about this in a week or two until the next  terrorist attack I guess.

So sick of these mass killings being a common occurrence in the U.S.

These people were there minding their own business and just there to have a good time and so many ended up injured and others lost their lives so senselessly.  It's just awful.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I know people just want to help, and those who are religious think that turning to their faith can help everyone get through these hard times, but I swear if I see one more "pray for Las Vegas" post, just like I've seen for every tragedy that's hit this country in the past month, let alone years, I'm going to scream.

5 minutes ago, Bill said:

I know people just want to help, and those who are religious think that turning to their faith can help everyone get through these hard times, but I swear if I see one more "pray for Las Vegas" post, just like I've seen for every tragedy that's hit this country in the past month, let alone years, I'm going to scream.

Exactly. People need to change mind first. Praying means jack shit if Americans don't start to take responsibility for these tragedies. Gun culture mentality in the US has so much to answer for. 

15 minutes ago, Bill said:

I have been beyond sick of this shit too for a good while now.

"prayers and "thoughts" mean jack shit without action.

Don't get me wrong.  It's not like I'm accomplishing anything or contributing to the solution by complaining about people praying. At least they're doing SOMETHING. :lol: I have no idea what the solution is anymore.  

7 minutes ago, Bill said:

Don't get me wrong.  It's not like I'm accomplishing anything or contributing to the solution by complaining about people praying. At least they're doing SOMETHING. :lol: I have no idea what the solution is anymore.  

Well I never really thought anyone actually sits there and prays anyway.

9 minutes ago, Bill said:

I believe in God and I want to pray for people of Las Vegas so suck it up Bill! :lol: 

But now, seriously. This is insane...I mean 338 incidents in 2017 alone? I'm not an American. I tried to understand the cause that NRA fights for...so I watched their videos, and all that I can think about is FEAR-MONGERING :confused: You actually need guns to have a safe and peaceful life? 

One thought that keeps going through my head about this shooting...why did he pick this concert? Many mass shootings are some form of retaliation for some injustice perceived by the shooter, but I can't see how that would be the case here given the circumstances. No single person was a specific target, so it has to be something else. This attack was carefully planned in advance, and was apparently designed to do one thing...create fear. 

I have already read about quite a few theories as to his motive, ranging from "country music made him go crazy", to "he was an al-qaeda convert". Personally, I think it is better to wait for the facts to come out before drawing any conclusions.

2 hours ago, Bill said:

These kind of posts are a way for people to feel like they are doing something without doing jackshit.   So sick of hearing about "prayers" as well.

1 hour ago, BrendanT1993 said:

One thought that keeps going through my head about this shooting...why did he pick this concert? Many mass shootings are some form of retaliation for some injustice perceived by the shooter, but I can't see how that would be the case here given the circumstances. No single person was a specific target, so it has to be something else. This attack was carefully planned in advance, and was apparently designed to do one thing...create fear. 

I have already read about quite a few theories as to his motive, ranging from "country music made him go crazy", to "he was an al-qaeda convert". Personally, I think it is better to wait for the facts to come out before drawing any conclusions.

I read he was a Vegas regular so I think it could be something like losing all his money or any sort of injustice he was feeling towards the city.

2 hours ago, Supernatural said:

Well I never really thought anyone actually sits there and prays anyway.

They don't. They just close their eyes and lower their heads - not too much for some cus it will expose their triple chin - thinking of the most random things. Look at those pictures of the Trumps and Pences supposedly praying. 

This is what they were possibly thinking: 

Melania: " OMG.He's repulsive looking at him so up close. I need to step back a little bit. Can't believe hes still president.. but I'm First Lady. Yaaay"

Trump" I will tweet Guns don't kill"

Pence "Lord, I made Trump mention your name. Now give me more power and money."

Pences wife " Shit. Nobody knows who I am but I still have to pretend to give a shit and look sorry. Rock concerts are the devil. These people had it coming."

If those people were really so sorry and devasted they would change things. They have the actual power to do something about the gun problem but they will pretend to pray this tragedy away like they did for the one before. They're snakes. They're not believers. 

4 minutes ago, impr3ssive_instant said:

I fucking hate it when the news does stuff like this. It makes it seem like a fucking record or something that needs to be broken. The shooters become celebrities.

Welcome to America. 

5 minutes ago, Hector said:

:manson: at today's White House press briefing Sarah Huckabee saying now is not the time to talk about gun control. When is a good time? Tomorrow? Next week? Next month? Next year? Never?

Donald Trump won the election thanks to the support of the NRA he won't throw them under the bus. 

The saddest thing about this to me is that it's going to happen again and again and again and again and again and again and again. :manson:

I have very little hope for reform after Sandy Hook, which played to America's obsession with children and thus had the best chance. 

7 minutes ago, MadFan said:

The saddest thing about this to me is that it's going to happen again and again and again and again and again and again and again. :manson:

I have very little hope for reform after Sandy Hook, which played to America's obsession with children and thus had the best chance. 

Exactly..  not even Obama could change legislation.  Trump will defend the second amendment to death. 

Thing is by doing nothing people will become more and more scared and they will go buy these guns to feel more protected. These guns lobbies will get richer and more powerful. It's a vicious circle and the average American is refusing to take a stand.

wounded knee was the largest mass murder/shooting in american history...but media now a days say 'modern' mass shooting/murder...but it does feel gross thinking of it as a competition like someone here said.

so conerts and big public events are the targets which is so sad because people are celebrating life basically. maybe it's the freedom that they don't like. i dont know. 

7 hours ago, MadFan said:

Nothing will change until those in charge and in the NRA are affected by gun violence.

10 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

Nothing will change until those in charge and in the NRA are affected by gun violence.

Even then, will they change their minds ?  Seeing comments such as "mass shootings are the price of freedom " shows how crazy and blind some are who support gun culture in the USA.  The NRA and their supporters put the right to bear arms and own weapons above other's lives and safety.  

Also, the nerve to say now is not the time to talk about gun laws.  When innocent people are yet again slaughtered in the street by guns, it  is a massive insult to their memory to not talk about changing laws that cost them their lives.