Egypt "hunting down" gays, conducting forced anal exams - Amnesty

spazz

Fucking disgusting 

Although homosexuality is not specifically outlawed in Egypt, it is a conservative society and discrimination is rife. Gay men are frequently arrested and typically charged with debauchery, immorality or blasphemy.

So horrible, I thought Sisi was liberal/ not conservative. I guess at this day and age, there is this huge regressive tide in the majorly muslim countries...

I'm planning to Egypt with a friend on tour group.

He will be sharing the same room with me.

I'm not sure how would the local react if they finds out 2 men sharing a room.

But based on the links posted by Spazz, I think I'll cancel the trip.

Thank goodness I have yet to pay for the tour.

1 hour ago, horn said:

I always wanted to go there but it doesn't look safe at the moment. Not that Europe is safe but still. I cringe it's every year when a local goes to a tourist resort and kills dozens...

2 hours ago, horn said:

I went to Egypt in an all men group of 5 friends, 3 gay (one couple and me) and 2 straight, everything seemed pretty safe and very welcoming but we absolutely didn’t look for any gay related tourism no bars or hook ups, if you go you’ll find that you don’t really need too with all the marvelous things you have to do there. This was before all this change of climate there though. 

10 hours ago, spazz said:

I hate to say this but last August on Madonna's birthday I met a guy from internet, He raped , videotaped & abused me to pay money. He tricked me to be gay.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-egypt-rights/egypt-hunting-down-gays-conducting-forced-anal-exams-amnesty-idUSKCN1C50D3

@spazz I’m so sorry to hear that. Are you ok? Sending you a big hug. 

24 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I went to Egypt in an all men group of 5 friends, 3 gay (one couple and me) and 2 straight, everything seemed pretty safe and very welcoming but we absolutely didn’t look for any gay related tourism no bars or hook ups, if you go you’ll find that you don’t really need too with all the marvelous things you have to do there. This was before all this change of climate there though. 

I regret I didn't go during Mubarak era when everything was stable.

I hope those Islamic extremist will not destroy any of the artifact before I visit them.

10 hours ago, elijah said:

So horrible, I thought Sisi was liberal/ not conservative. I guess at this day and age, there is this huge regressive tide in the majorly muslim countries...

Sponsored by Washington DC

Point in case, since we're talking about Egypt specifically, they take down Mubarak and advance a party like the Muslim Brotherhood

But the entire manufactured Soros-financed Arab Spring movement is a blatant example of the same technique duplicated in different places

Betting on violent, regressive horses furthers your own personal agenda of fuelling instability

It's American foreign policy's oldest trick in the book

1 minute ago, XXL said:

Sponsored by Washington DC

Point in case, they take down Mubarak and advance a party like the Muslim Brotherhood

Betting on violent, regressive horses furthers your own personal agenda of fuelling instability

It's American foreign policy's oldest trick in the book

And still its a trend embraced by the majority of the muslims. Of course with the help of Saudi sponsored new mosques that preach the Saudi version of islam: wahabism, salafism...

12 hours ago, spazz said:

Fucking disgusting 

Although homosexuality is not specifically outlawed in Egypt, it is a conservative society and discrimination is rife. Gay men are frequently arrested and typically charged with debauchery, immorality or blasphemy.

so sorry about this :sadface:  

15 minutes ago, elijah said:

And still its a trend embraced by the majority of the muslims. Of course with the help of Saudi sponsored new mosques that preach the Saudi version of islam: wahabism, salafism...

Totally

Although it's not that it is embraced, it is planted in those countries, with a specific aim in mind. Same with the situation with regard to Ukraine / Crimea region / Russia /EU / US  and what happened in 2014. Well the UK has just cashed in £6bn ($8bn) worth of arms sales with the sick Saudi Arabia Royal family. Yet they block an independent EU/UN backed enquiry into what's really going in Yemen at the moment, i.e. war crimes of Saudi Arabia's doing. Italy is also a big arm manufacturer and seller to specific fanatic countries whose fictitious economies merely rely on a US Dollar as global reserve currency correlation

The hypocrisy and blatant illegality as far as foreign policies go of our own sanctimonious Western govs make me sick tbh. The Lybian citizens that were involved in the Manchester Arena event last spring were KNOWN to UK authorities because they trained them against Gaddafi back in 2011. After Gaddafi , who had been setting there for 30 years,  was no longer needed by the West, suddenly they found out he was a dictator   :rolleyes: 

It is an insult to people's intelligence but sometimes it's our fault because we look at the surface of things in a linear manifestation way rather than looking at the whys and the roots of those same manifestations

On 10/1/2017 at 8:13 AM, Mmmmm said:

Disgusting pigs they all are. 

Be safe @spazz im sorry you had to go through that. 

On 10/1/2017 at 4:36 PM, horn said:

@Spazz darling, I think you better get out of that place asap.

On 10/1/2017 at 5:40 PM, XXL said:

so sorry about this :sadface:  

Thanks guys @Pedro ♥️

i was a horrible experience 

i try to forget and life keeps going on.