Trump / US politics thread 🚽

Pedro

4 minutes ago, jazzyjan said:

You can hate on Obama and that is your opinion.  

But can't you see how damaging, destructive, racist, sexist, and vile Trump is ?  You never seem to even acknowledge how revolting and damaging his policies are and what kind of man he is. 

Seriously i dont want to start political debates on this forum anymore it wont help.

it ends in attacking me.

I hope all the best for American ppl and the world.

Interesting point of view about his role as a business man and the Mexican rejection by Peña Nieto Mexican president. 

54 minutes ago, Hector said:

:blink::tigger:Wow THERE'S that true 'comeback' smash hit we've been waiting for for 4 years! lol THAT is a real star moment M style. She's at least showing one ball. Unlike Toilet calculated Shit and Beyonce. Their 'silence' is sickening and beyond tran$$parent 'why' they're doing it! zzzz 

its getting so scary. something's gonna happen. the world doesn't tolerate this man at all. I was at a party today and even when meeting new people trump randomly comes up in conversation and there's so much hate.. his only fans are people who can benefit from him (putin, the horrible farage, the awful le pen..) and idiots from the US (and with that, I'm not saying that everyone who voted for him is a bad person. NO. but those who still support him today.. that's another story)

ummmm wtf

House GOP quietly closes investigation into Flint water crisis

BY!MATTHEW DALY, ASSOCIATED PRESS!!December 16, 2016 at 2:34 PM EST

WASHINGTON — Congressional Republicans quietly closed a year-long investigation into Flint, Michigan’s crisis over lead in its drinking water, faulting both state officials and the Environmental Protection Agency for contamination that has affected nearly 100,000 residents.

In letters to fellow Republicans, the chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee said Friday that Michigan and federal officials were slow in detecting high levels of lead in the water and did not act fast enough once the problem was discovered.

The committee findings offer no new information and essentially summarize what emerged during several high-profile hearings earlier this year.

“The committee found significant problems at Michigan’s Department of Environmental Quality and unacceptable delays in the Environmental Protection Agency’s response to the crisis,” wrote Rep. Jason Chaffetz, R-Utah. “The committee also found that the federal regulatory framework is so outdated that it sets up states to fail.”

Flint’s drinking water became tainted when the city switched from the Detroit water system and began drawing from the Flint River in April 2014 to save money. The impoverished city was under state control at the time.

Regulators failed to ensure the water was treated properly and lead from aging pipes leached into the water supply.

Chaffetz cites “a series of failures at all levels of government” that “caused and then exacerbated the water crisis.”

While the Republican chairman signaled the apparent conclusion of the inquiry — Congress ended its session last week for a three-week holiday break — the panel’s senior Democrat insisted the investigation continues and accused Michigan’s Republican governor of stonewalling the committee over documents related to the Flint water crisis.

Rep. Elijah Cummings of Maryland, senior Democrat on the oversight panel, said he wants Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder to produce key Flint-related documents within 30 days. Cummings said Snyder and his administration have obstructed the committee’s investigation into the Flint crisis for a year, refusing to provide — or even search for — key documents.

Snyder’s intransigence has thwarted committee efforts to answer critical questions about what he knew as the crisis unfolded and why he didn’t act sooner to fix Flint’s water problem, Cummings said.

“Requiring Governor Snyder to finally comply with the committee’s request will allow us to complete our investigation and offer concrete findings and recommendations to help prevent a catastrophe like this from happening again,” Cummings wrote to Chaffetz. “In contrast, allowing Governor Snyder to flout the committee’s authority will deny the people of Flint the answers they deserve.”

It’s highly unlikely Republicans who control Congress will continue the inquiry next year.

A spokeswoman for Snyder said the governor’s office has provided the committee with hundreds of thousands of pages of documents and the committee has wrapped up its investigation.

“In Michigan, we are working hard each day to continue Flint’s full recovery with funding for pipe replacement and health care for residents,” spokeswoman Anna Heaton said, adding that it is “not productive to spend time engaging in partisan political attacks from out-of-state politicians” such as Cummings.

After nearly a year of haggling, Congress cleared legislation last week to provide $170 million to deal with the Flint crisis and help other communities with lead-tainted water.

In his letters, Chaffetz asked GOP lawmakers to consider redirecting hundreds of millions of dollars now targeted to fighting climate change to upgrade the nation’s drinking water pipes and other infrastructure. Chaffetz also asked for closer congressional oversight of the EPA, which monitors lead and copper pipes nationwide.

11 minutes ago, le smoking said:

ummmm wtf

House GOP quietly closes investigation into Flint water crisis

BY!MATTHEW DALY, ASSOCIATED PRESS!!December 16, 2016 at 2:34 PM EST

WASHINGTON — Congressional Republicans quietly closed a year-long investigation into Flint, Michigan’s crisis over lead in its drinking water, faulting both state officials and the Environmental Protection Agency for contamination that has affected nearly 100,000 residents.

In letters to fellow Republicans, the chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee said Friday that Michigan and federal officials were slow in detecting high levels of lead in the water and did not act fast enough once the problem was discovered.

The committee findings offer no new information and essentially summarize what emerged during several high-profile hearings earlier this year.

“The committee found significant problems at Michigan’s Department of Environmental Quality and unacceptable delays in the Environmental Protection Agency’s response to the crisis,” wrote Rep. Jason Chaffetz, R-Utah. “The committee also found that the federal regulatory framework is so outdated that it sets up states to fail.”

Flint’s drinking water became tainted when the city switched from the Detroit water system and began drawing from the Flint River in April 2014 to save money. The impoverished city was under state control at the time.

Regulators failed to ensure the water was treated properly and lead from aging pipes leached into the water supply.

Chaffetz cites “a series of failures at all levels of government” that “caused and then exacerbated the water crisis.”

While the Republican chairman signaled the apparent conclusion of the inquiry — Congress ended its session last week for a three-week holiday break — the panel’s senior Democrat insisted the investigation continues and accused Michigan’s Republican governor of stonewalling the committee over documents related to the Flint water crisis.

Rep. Elijah Cummings of Maryland, senior Democrat on the oversight panel, said he wants Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder to produce key Flint-related documents within 30 days. Cummings said Snyder and his administration have obstructed the committee’s investigation into the Flint crisis for a year, refusing to provide — or even search for — key documents.

Snyder’s intransigence has thwarted committee efforts to answer critical questions about what he knew as the crisis unfolded and why he didn’t act sooner to fix Flint’s water problem, Cummings said.

“Requiring Governor Snyder to finally comply with the committee’s request will allow us to complete our investigation and offer concrete findings and recommendations to help prevent a catastrophe like this from happening again,” Cummings wrote to Chaffetz. “In contrast, allowing Governor Snyder to flout the committee’s authority will deny the people of Flint the answers they deserve.”

It’s highly unlikely Republicans who control Congress will continue the inquiry next year.

A spokeswoman for Snyder said the governor’s office has provided the committee with hundreds of thousands of pages of documents and the committee has wrapped up its investigation.

“In Michigan, we are working hard each day to continue Flint’s full recovery with funding for pipe replacement and health care for residents,” spokeswoman Anna Heaton said, adding that it is “not productive to spend time engaging in partisan political attacks from out-of-state politicians” such as Cummings.

After nearly a year of haggling, Congress cleared legislation last week to provide $170 million to deal with the Flint crisis and help other communities with lead-tainted water.

In his letters, Chaffetz asked GOP lawmakers to consider redirecting hundreds of millions of dollars now targeted to fighting climate change to upgrade the nation’s drinking water pipes and other infrastructure. Chaffetz also asked for closer congressional oversight of the EPA, which monitors lead and copper pipes nationwide.

Oh it must be Obama's fault

5 hours ago, Hector said:

Riri has always been my fave singer after Madonna of course. So proud of her :inlove: Hope she and M will do something together after their charity work in Malawi.

And guys I'm not surprised in the slightest for what's going on. This is still nothing compared to what's he's going to do in terms of climate change and BLGT rights. That's going to be one to watch. My prayers go to all those families divided by that monster. May God give them strength and courage. 

My only fear at this stage is a terror attack on US soil. Praying it won't happen. If it happens of course ISIS will claim it as its own when in all possibility it might as well be an inside job. But regardless that would give Trump the satisfaction to say he's been acting on behalf of the American people. Honestly America is becoming the worst country in the world. Land Of The Free? 

If what we believe about Saudi is the case, it says alot that they get away with so much of it and we have to ask why? No one touches their issues, the womens rights, the lack of care for neighbours in distress... the apparent 9/11 involvement. And no, when I say get away I don't mean a battle should happen, i hate war & some people perhaps enjoy living in that religious state, they don't want American way of life, Bill Maher said something along those lines, how America presumes everyone wants to live their way, well many don't lol. (I'm certain many women don't like living under that regime however). But America who prides itself on being the land of the free..., it's interesting!

And Obama and Bush do deserve to have their name mentioned, just because Trump is president now doesn't mean the previous presidents involvement in affairs over the past 20+ or so years sinks to nothing. These roads have lead us to where we are now. Iraq was a catastrophe of epic proportions and Libya was another catastrophe. This is why in politics I don't get into this fanaticism or unwavering support that some people do, they aren't popstars . I cried happy tears for Obama when he won, it was historic but I didn't fall into the hope propaganda, and with Trump winning I didn't want to get hysterical either,  and well, I didn't see Hilary as the lesser of two evils as some did, they both had the possibility of being catostraphic, Hilary however had actions under her belt, so I can't get with the notion that 'If we voted Hilary it would all be ok' much either at all.

America has also done some irreversible destruction in Yemen, some may say the death toll is just a casualty of war, but tell that to the innocent young kids and preteens who have been killed. It possibly proves the drone strikes aren't as accurate as were lead to believe.

https://68.media.tumblr.com/11bfa1b9aa7aff95cb1f11ce2301a486/tumblr_ok5be5sK3b1qb07v0o1_540.jpg

I have really no idea what is going to happen, I'm not as smart as some of you in here, but I do know I do not support this idea of America shutting down to refugees from certain locations (all be it temporarily) at all... this is going to isolate so many people.  We might as well pray that it all works out and Donald Trump now is the bad guy but soon it will all make sense... :sadface: until then make voices heard  and also reach out to our friends across the world and let them know they are cared about, that's important.

Just now, MeakMaker said:

My only fear at this stage is a terror attack on US soil. Praying it won't happen. If it happens of course ISIS will claim it as its own when in all possibility it might as well be an inside job. But regardless that would give Trump the satisfaction to say he's been acting on behalf of the American people. Honestly America is becoming the worst country in the world. Land Of The Free? 

Do you believe in inside jobs then? Are you into conspiracy theories? :wow: *thinks about making another thread*