2016 American Presidential Thread

Camacho

Comey actually doesnt seem like a bad guy but he was fucked either way w/ this. The FBI is Trump country and no doubt there's many rogue ass holes there who would've 'leaked' something. He's beyond toast though after this election. 

5 minutes ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Wont hurt but we're talking barely TWO days on a Sunday! lol. If it was at least yesterday would've dominated the entire weekend news cycle and esp the Sunday morning news shows. The media better hump this dry the next 24-48 hours. Like I said, she should be fine but I'm a bit concerned at the Senate races. Even if they squeak out the Senate then it's all good but all the Dems got battered for 9 days over this crap and def lost votes and momentum. 

Yeah exactly. It's a moot point and even if it gets that much coverage. It's practically Election Day now and the last thing most people will remember is the Dems trying to do damage control and scrambling for a week or so. Yeah I'm not sure what will go down with the Senates either

12 minutes ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Some buzz on Twitter that now after this, the Trump bomb(s) may drop anytime between tonight or tomorrow lol

I just don't believe these Trump bombs exist.

The electorate is hardened and nothing is going to change with his supporters. If a tape where he basically admitted to sexual assault didn't sink him completely, nothing will. 

Oh, the fun to see how quick the Repubs changed their tune again. First Comey was evil, then he was a hero, now he is evil again. And of course everything is rigged and the fact that the FBI has basically closed the case is just more proof. Sorry, they all should check into a mental institution. They are paranoid. Can't wait how blonde witch Conway will handle this. My guess is more deflecting.

BTW, my general observation is that the media seems really fed up with Trump and Pence and their surrogates because of their lies and behavior. Obviously they finally come to terms that the made big mistakes during the election cycle and that it has already damaged their reputation. And they seem (at least on CNN) no longer have those political commentators that are linked to the campaigns on the shows. Which is a huge relief because the discussions are much more professional and in depth. No yelling and no partisan crap. Now they have journalists on the panel and it's a difference like day and night. That's the way it should have been from the very beginning.

26 minutes ago, KalamazooJay said:

I just don't believe these Trump bombs exist.

The electorate is hardened and nothing is going to change with his supporters. If a tape where he basically admitted to sexual assault didn't sink him completely, nothing will. 

Yep that's the unfortunate damn thing. 'If' there was anything so horrible out there most likely wouldve dropped Friday-ish. To do it now or tomorrow..won't do shit esp w/ millions of early votes out there and everything baked in. Most of his supporters are animals, inbred etc.. anyway so why would they care. He prob has 0/minimal shot in places like PA. MI and NH even though some polls say it's close. 

35 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

Um, wtf everything on 538 is going red I'm going to faint 

31 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

Florida, Nevada, North Carolina were all light blue. 

I'm just being dramatic. 

I'm not sure for North Carolina but Florida and Nevada have been light red for days on 538. The Huffington Post even wrote an article about it.

Though even in their pessimistic model, Clinton still has 291 electoral votes (and experts say early voting in Nevada is in favor of Clinton, and it' could be the same in Florida).

"So will the latest Comey letter help Clinton? That’s also hard to say, and any change will really come too late to be picked up upon by most polls"

"Still, betting markets show Clinton’s probability of winning the election improving by about 3 percentage points on the news."

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how-much-did-comey-hurt-clintons-chances/

538s model is way off this election because of the shoddy polls, mainly the bullshit tracking polls. Nate Silver is pretty much having a breakdown and arguing with other statisticians on Twitter. I don't know why it gets so much publicity, it hasn't even been the most accurate in past elections.

13 minutes ago, Hector said:

Sarah Palin is campaigning for Trump in Michigan today. She says "Polls are only good for strippers and cross-country skiers." :crazy:

Even Bill looks weary of all this shit :lmao:

This is the definition of the electoral college: (in the US) a body of people representing the states of the US, who formally cast votes for the election of the president and vice president.

Basically each state has a certain number of votes. The biggest is California with 55 votes. There are a total of 538 and in order to a president to be elected he or she needs to secure the magic number of 270. 

Right now, Hillary is way ahead of Trump and just a few votes shy of 270, and unless basically every single poll is wrong, there's NO WAY Trump can secure 270 votes. Hillary would basically have to love every single state that's grey in this map.

Screen Shot 2016-11-06 at 10.00.33 PM.png

Oh, and it's a winner takes all system. So whoever "wins" a state takes all the votes. That's why in 2000 even though Al Gore had more popular votes, Bush won because he somehow ended up with more electoral votes. I think that's only happened like 3 or 4 times in U.S. history.

39 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

hehe, I typed love instead of lose :chuckle:

Well the irony of love and Hillary used in one sentence. Anyway, how does the college votes and public vote combine?

Conway is gonna be the most hated woman in America in 3 days lol. Her right eye in that interview was collapsing like her 'career' and rent payment after this...that's if she even gets paid from Trump! Lol