2016 American Presidential Thread

Camacho

10 minutes ago, rekha said:

This is what scares me...

Only in a country that worships people like Gaga, Mariah and Janet lol 

Seriously, think in/around 39% is what he'll get election day. Wouldnt at all be surprised if Trumpbots are part of that 39%! They despise CNN/Hillary/Dems. His response alone to NOT accept the election results absolutely confirmed his lunacy. Again..any semi good he did earlier got instantly flushed from that one line. Every single headline is stating that and the ripple effect will only grow the next few weeks. That's truly scary shit. 

All commentators are ripping him a new one over his inability to accept the election results. Calling it un-American. Of course, you have those people like that Jeffery Lord and the blond bimbo, I think Kellyanne is her name, who say Gore did not accept the results either. Thank God, they got schooled by the other panel members, that this is not true. That in fact, the Florida re-count was initiated by the Florida government and some law that says if the margin is that narrow, a re-count must be done. For the period of the re-count the state of Florida was unable to certify the results of the election. In result the election was still going on. Gore did not have to accept anything before the final results. As a good American and a patriot he accepted the final results, although many people say that was very unfortunate considering that there was obvious systematic voter fraud going on.

OMG the hashtag is hilarious :dead:

"Look, I don't know Voldemort. He said nice things about me. If we got along with the Death Eaters, wouldn't be so bad. #TrumpBookReport"

"Juliet. Such a nasty woman. She made Romeo kill himself. And believe me he could have done better. Look at her."

"The Lannisters. Great family. Strong leaders. Ramsay Bolton said nice things about me. Jon Snow is for open borders. Loser. #TrumpBookReport "

She's had it in the bag for months now. This is all just the usual media circus. CNN, Fox and pals need $$$$$$$$$$$ from ads. 

P.S. is there any news yet on the result of absentee ballots mailed in so far? 

6 hours ago, Kim said:

Crooked Hillary surely has this shit in the bag now, yeah?

Crooked Hillary is in and good to go. She delivered his ass to him last night and is measuring the drapes and her pant suits right now. 

I watched it, he was actually really funny! But turned nasty, she was effortlessly humorous, not laugh out loud but graciously funny and certainly got her digs in. To be honest, shes been that way in the debates. She hasnt needed to pretend that she is funny like he did reading his scripted jokes. 

Omfg he/ the presidential nominee w/ an election 18  days away actually brought up Rosie yet AGAIN lmao :# The troll is obsessed! 

Clinton deftly managed Trump into collapse

Ezra Klein has a wonderful piece on Vox, "Hillary Clinton’s 3 debate performances left the Trump campaign in ruins," that well describes the master class in managing a bully into hanging himself these general election debates have been. Klein points out how Clinton pushed all Trump's buttons and practically had him performing tricks on command.

Via Vox:

Trump’s meltdown wasn’t an accident. The Clinton campaign coolly analyzed his weaknesses and then sprung trap after trap to take advantage of them.

Clinton’s successful execution of this strategy has been, fittingly, the product of traits that she’s often criticized for: her caution, her overpreparation, her blandness. And her particular ability to goad Trump and blunt the effectiveness of his political style has been inextricable from her gender. The result has been a political achievement of awesome dimensions, but one that Clinton gets scarce credit for because it looks like something Trump is doing, rather than something she is doing — which is, of course, the point.

It began in the first debate. "Donald," she kept saying. No one quite knows why Trump so loathes the sound of his first name, but he does. He quickly tried to shame Clinton into showing him more respect. "Secretary Clinton -- yes, is that okay?" he said, after she once again called him Donald. "Good. I want you to be very happy. It's very important to me."

Clinton’s next answer: "In fact, Donald was one of the people who rooted for the housing crisis..."

Each debate has followed the same pattern. Trump begins calm, but as Clinton needles him, he falls apart, gets angrier, launches bizarre personal attacks, offers rambling justifications for his own behavior, and loses the thread of whatever question was actually asked of him.

Clinton, meanwhile, crisply summarizes the binders full of policy information she absorbed before the debate. The gap in preparation, knowledge, and basic competence has been evident in every contest, and it’s led to polls showing that even voters who loathe Clinton recognize she’s far more qualified and capable than Trump. Nor does Clinton make mistakes — she’s often criticized for being careful and bland in her answers, but here it’s helped her, as she’s never taken the headlines away from Trump’s own gaffes.

The Republican primary field were incapable of managing this overgrown orange child. Secretary Clinton put him away with grace and dignity.

I thought Trump started off well.  I actually laughed at the pardon me joke, but then it just got personal and ugly and dark, which the audience obviously thought as well as he has become the first nominee to ever get booed at this event.  He just can't help himself.