2016 American Presidential Thread

spazz

9 hours ago, LSD said:

I can't stand it when Republicans throw out that "we're the party of Lincoln" bullshit to make themselves seem so noble and progressive. Yeah, technically that's a true statement but the Republicans of the Lincoln days would be mortified at the "Republicans" of the modern era. 

It's not that he said a bad word, it's that he's an awful human being in general. There's nothing regal or "presidential" about him in any way. The man is a celebrity and a major narcissist....not a politician. He's not fucking fit for the job. Period. I suspect deep down his supporters know this......but he's NOT Hillary and not a Democrat so that's all that matters. It could be Charlie Manson up there at this point raising the same points Trump makes and they'd go along with it. He also knew how to speak convincingly enough to make people believe he was some kind of "savior". 

If anyone on this forum talked about groups of people the way he does, they'd be banned. I'm all for change and I agree, the system needs to be shaken up but Trump isn't the way to do that. The sad thing is, even though he's not going to win, some damage to the system is already done. Because of this, we very may well see Kimye as the Dem nom in 2020....lol. Fucking Madonna is more qualified to be president than Trump, let's be honest here. 

3 hours ago, Sloane said:

Oh..thought u were in hiatus mode/ outta here doll face. Yup...caved as expected. 5 star Gaga comeback there. Thx 

Look, I know there's big problems with Trump. When that shit went down with Rosie I was on her side. His comments about his daughter are creepy. Owning the Miss Universe pageant is inherently sexist (which is why that contestant blabbering on how hurt she was Trump made comments about her weight gain fell on my deaf ears. She signed up to be objectified and got objectified. What a shock! Plus, what the hell, even Mr. Universe has to maintain his physique it's in the frickin contract). Further, I can understand why many LGBQT people don't like him which is why I dont try to convince you to like this guy. 

It's the fact how you carry on and cheerlead for Hillary that's so damn disturbing. Fast forward to a year from now after she wins and it's back to the old grind of bitching how awful America is and WHEN WILL THINGS CHANGE. Meanwhile, you had half the country trying to do exactly that and you all had a rip-roaring good time dismissing anything we had to say. You let the media manipulate you so hard. No you haven't been trumped but you've been PUNKED. I can't believe after all the fervor about a movement, be it Bernie or Trump, we're gonna end up back with this Bush Clinton Bush Clinton crap. She's a creep just as much as he is!

No one with a working brain cell will ever run for the American presidency. Who wants to get run through the media shredder like this and be laughed at and ridiculed? The extent the media and anti Trumpers went after this guy is dangerous. 

57 minutes ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Oh..thought u were in hiatus mode/ outta here doll face. Yup...caved as expected. 5 star Gaga comeback there. Thx 

You got no call to get snippy with me. I wasn't aware you were anxiously awaiting my posts.

27 minutes ago, Sloane said:

Look, I know there's big problems with Trump. When that shit went down with Rosie I was on her side. His comments about his daughter are creepy. Owning the Miss Universe pageant is inherently sexist (which is why that contestant blabbering on how hurt she was Trump made comments about her weight gain fell on my deaf ears. She signed up to be objectified and got objectified. What a shock! Plus, what the hell, even Mr. Universe has to maintain his physique it's in the frickin contract). Further, I can understand why many LGBQT people don't like him which is why I dont try to convince you to like this guy. 

Being told to stay in shape is one thing, being called Ms. Piggy and Ms. Housekeeping and being forced to workout in front of reporters is another. It's also not just this event in itself, but a pattern of disrespect that he's shown to women and minorities, that made Machado's words important. She gave a face to his discrimination.

29 minutes ago, Sloane said:

It's the fact how you carry on and cheerlead for Hillary that's so damn disturbing. Fast forward to a year from now after she wins and it's back to the old grind of bitching how awful America is and WHEN WILL THINGS CHANGE.

No one here is treating her like she's going to magically solve all of the country's problems, but we're left with two choices and she's the one I'm choosing. I like a lot of her policies. I also want a democratic senate and a liberal supreme court. That will be a huge step in the right direction.

39 minutes ago, Sloane said:

Meanwhile, you had half the country trying to do exactly that and you all had a rip-roaring good time dismissing anything we had to say. You let the media manipulate you so hard. No you haven't been trumped but you've been PUNKED. I can't believe after all the fervor about a movement, be it Bernie or Trump, we're gonna end up back with this Bush Clinton Bush Clinton crap. She's a creep just as much as he is!

Who is "we"? I voted for Bernie. He lost by nearly 4 million votes. Thanks for assuming we're all stupid and just being led by the media instead of coming to our own realizations, though.

41 minutes ago, Sloane said:

No one with a working brain cell will ever run for the American presidency. Who wants to get run through the media shredder like this and be laughed at and ridiculed? The extent the media and anti Trumpers went after this guy is dangerous. 

He's getting ridiculed because he's a ridiculous candidate.

Am I the only one who feels a bit uncomfortable about the upcoming debate? Hillary did great in the first one but now Trump is a wounded sociopath with nothing to lose, anything can happen :boring:

4 hours ago, Sloane said:

It's the fact how you carry on and cheerlead for Hillary that's so damn disturbing. Fast forward to a year from now after she wins and it's back to the old grind of bitching how awful America is and WHEN WILL THINGS CHANGE. Meanwhile, you had half the country trying to do exactly that and you all had a rip-roaring good time dismissing anything we had to say. You let the media manipulate you so hard. No you haven't been trumped but you've been PUNKED. I can't believe after all the fervor about a movement, be it Bernie or Trump, we're gonna end up back with this Bush Clinton Bush Clinton crap. She's a creep just as much as he is!

Da Fuq is this post? I don't understand what you're even trying to say. 

But that last paragraph.....:blink:

They're finally going after this son of a bitch because for over a year now they've given him a platform to spew his bile all over america for the sake of ratings. Now, they're feeling guilty and realizing a President Trump could actually happen. They're ridiculing him because he's ridiculed countless individuals, races, creeds, and ethnicities his entire fucking life. They're ridiculing him because he's a ridiculous fucking candidate. 

6 minutes ago, Moka said:

Am I the only one who feels a bit uncomfortable about the upcoming debate? Hillary did great in the first one but now Trump is a wounded sociopath with nothing to lose, anything can happen :boring:

No. I'm nervous. He's been holed up in his tower now for two days. Who knows what kind of op ed they're stuffing his head with. My fear is that he'll drop some kind of bomb on live television and throw her off her game. 

Then I remember this is Trump and I start to feel somewhat better. He can't focus on anything and she's one of the most skilled debaters I've ever seen. 

1 hour ago, KalamazooJay said:

My fear is that he'll drop some kind of bomb on live television and throw her off her game.

Pretty sure he thinks that the "bomb" will be bringing up Bill's infidelity and how Hillary treated his mistresses. She has probably rehearsed the answer to this hundreds of times.

I was nervous about the first debate because I thought all he had to do was act sane and somewhat knowledgeable and he would be declared the winner. He lasted for 5 minutes before going off the rails.

6 hours ago, Sloane said:

I've been ridiculed and personally attacked for being so critical about Hillary. 

But calling her a creep just as much as Trump? how stupid. 

When I criticize Hillary I criticize her record and policies as Senator and SEc. Of State. 

You just insult her and throw out all these buzz words that the media and trump supporters have been throwing around like a bunch of retarded sheep. 

13 hours ago, Pud Whacker said:

This makes me laugh!!! 

such a funny time we're living in! 

Me too. These corporations trying to humanise themselves.

Tic Tac is a box of mints, it doesn't have a political position. eWuF9i2.gif 

6 minutes ago, MadFan said:

Me too. These corporations trying to humanise themselves.

Tic Tac is a box of mints, it doesn't have a political position. eWuF9i2.gif 

They are democrat 

2 minutes ago, fuck yeah! said:

They are democrat 

They're breathmints. They care about capitalising the breathmint market & selling as much as they can. If it was in vogue to hate women, they'd take that stance.

Real Clear Politics has Hillary right now winning the electoral college by 340 to 198 for Trump.  That alone in and of itself is a landslide, and with "Pussy Gate" being so recent the effects of that atomic bomb of a situation haven't even registered in any state polls yet because it is still so fresh of a story.  This could be a blow out of epic proportions if we don't get another October surprise dealing with Hillary.

34 minutes ago, MadFan said:

They're breathmints. They care about capitalising the breathmint market & selling as much as they can. If it was in vogue to hate women, they'd take that stance.

And it's a human being who runs their twitter account. It's a silly marketing move, no need to overthink it. 

Again, Trump is the chosen scapegoat of a huge part of society in which some people act and speak like Trump. It's the hypocrisy of society who cry outrage at Trumps behaviour when in truth pretty much every man speak like Trump in some circumstance or another. Trump is sexist yes but so is society. 

7 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

Again, Trump is the chosen scapegoat of a huge part of society in which some people act and speak like Trump. It's the hypocrisy of society who cry outrage at Trumps behaviour when in truth pretty much every man speak like Trump in some circumstance or another. Trump is sexist yes but so is society. 

This sexist "part of the society" isn't running for president, Trump is.

18 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

Why do you say "again" like it's something you've been saying all along :lmao: 

I think people are hearing what they want to hear. Trump wasn't just saying the shit every single man and woman says (e.g., that woman/man is fucking hot, I want to fuck her/him, etc.), he said 1) that he tried to fuck a married woman and 2) that he makes makes advances on women, which includes kissing them and grabbing their pussies, because he's rich and he can.  That's called sexual harassment at best and rape at worst. 

28 minutes ago, MeakMaker said: