Germany warning citizens to stock up on food and water!

Barney

What on earth is on the news, apparently there's been a blackout till now. Germany are saying that people should buy 10 days worth of food and water to last them 10 days??? I have the news on about 12 hours a day and never saw this coming.

Any ideas??? Is ET coming home or should we be buying iodine tablets and hiding in basements? Its madness to scare a nation like that. Im baffled.

Its all over the web and news bulletins now so youll probably know more than me by time you read this..

Looks like it's just recommended preparedness protocol out of a government think tank

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/08/22/germans-maybe-soon-be-required-to-keep-10-day-stockpile-of-food-in-case-of-attack/

It's the sort of thing everyone everywhere should already do as a general rule.

Looks like it's just recommended preparedness protocol out of a government think tank

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/08/22/germans-maybe-soon-be-required-to-keep-10-day-stockpile-of-food-in-case-of-attack/

It's the sort of thing everyone everywhere should already do as a general rule.

Now it makes sense. Thank you for a voice of reason. Finally.

Put your head back into the sand. Nothing to see here.

Would you quit being negative!

Also BambiGambi, I'm sure there's nothing to worry about. There would be a travel alert if there were.

LSD said:

"Looks like it's just recommended preparedness protocol out of a government think tank"

I'm realistic that's all. The laws of probability. I'd expect a scientist, such as yourself , to understand the difference.

This realism comes when you live in a place that has suicide bombings, mass shootings, and machete attacks in the span of a few weeks.

In case you don't know, that's NOT NORMAL.

:dead:

It may be a 'general rule' but that doesn't mean it's NOT a direct response to the terror threat.

Germans are told to stockpile food and water for civil defence.

'' The authorities are to boost stocks of smallpox vaccine and antibiotics in case of biological attack, and set up reserves of petrol and oil at 140 locations around the country to ensure a supply for 90 days.

Other provisions include setting up decontamination sites outside hospitals in case of nuclear, biological or chemical attack. ''

Put your head back into the sand. Nothing to see here.

Meh

I'm realistic that's all. The laws of probability. I'd expect a scientist, such as yourself, to understand the difference.

This realism comes when you live in a place that has suicide bombings, mass shootings, and machete attacks in the span of a few weeks.

In case you don't know, that's NOT NORMAL.

Meh x 2

I read that yesterday while surfing on the internet and all I thought was:"huh? Did I miss sth" :blink:

Well, I did not buy food and water for 10 days...I found this recommendation a bit disturbing...

The thing is you DO NOT live in a place " that has suicide bombings, mass shootings, and machete attacks in the span of a few weeks." lYou live in a country where there have been two attacks and some crazy weirdos have copied some behaviours. To think that you can be in danger where you are, and you will have stay home and for two weeks drink water you had stored, well, no.

The thing is you DO NOT live in a place " that has suicide bombings, mass shootings, and machete attacks in the span of a few weeks." lYou live in a country where there have been two attacks and some crazy weirdos have copied some behaviours. To think that you can be in danger where you are, and you will have stay home and for two weeks drink water you had stored, well, no.

I do. But it's not France so nobody cares.

They did the same in Canada, a few years ago. We had government commercials on TV about that.

This is an incomparable way to instigate fear to their citizens. Right wing government are excellent in doing this. They play with this fear to get more vote.

And we see it works very well, just reading the comments in this thread.