2016 American Presidential Thread πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

spazz

Yet..Trump is absolutely gaining and has momentum. If Hillary Inc. doesn't get their shit 2gether and start solidifying a consistent lead esp in/around the debates watch for the Adelsons etc..start to dump money into the orange moose. Even if it's just to guarantee Hillary does NOT win. They're all prob just holding out for the end of Sept/early Oct. IF Clintons team does not have this 'surprise strategic plan' that doesn't increase her momentum upwards by even mid Sept, don't be surprised at all for some campaign 'shake ups'. Hasnt had any yet far as I know but the public is clearly aware (and not liking) how blatantly elusive she's been. How could not one look at it as 'hiding' or just plain arrogance. Bar is so low w/ Trump wouldn't matter but if 'reshuffling' starts to happen w/her campaign (this late) anytime soon..means they're starting to trip out. :/

Btw, Adelson (as many probably know) is a personal friend of Netanyahu and basically finances a major newspaper in Israel for him, so there are a lot of discussions about Adelson in the Israeli press.

They're saying that the only reason Adelson isn't contributing is because he's absolutely sure that Trumps gonna lose.

Regarding Trump gaining here's a fact:

RT @matthewjdowd: important to keep in mind as the polls have closed post convention back to pre convention levels, there has been no rise in Trump support.

So basically there's a chance of him winning only if Hillary loses enough votes from now till November..

So basically there's a chance of him winning only if Hillary loses enough votes from now till November..

Exactly. This is where he COULD actually pull it off. If he can drive HER negatives underwater, he could conceivably win with 45% of the vote. He gets support from 35%-40% MAX. If he drives his fanatical base out, can convince another 5-7% of the electorate he's more acceptable than Clinton, he can win.

Now, I said a few weeks ago I went from being cautiously optimistic to just optimistic. This still stands.

Her path to 270 is pretty broad. His path is extremely narrow. She has far more states to play with than he does. But still, I just wish she'd get her ass back out there and campaign. Do some fucking interviews. Get the Obama's, Warren, Biden, Sanders out there. I know things don't kick off until after this weekend, officially, but it's still nerve wracking seeing her poll numbers decline.

Exactly. This is where he COULD actually pull it off. If he can drive HER negatives underwater, he could conceivably win with 45% of the vote. He gets support from 35%-40% MAX. If he drives his fanatical base out, can convince another 5-7% of the electorate he's more acceptable than Clinton, he can win.

Now, I said a few weeks ago I went from being cautiously optimistic to just optimistic. This still stands.

Her path to 270 is pretty broad. His path is extremely narrow. She has far more states to play with than he does. But still, I just wish she'd get her ass back out there and campaign. Do some fucking interviews. Get the Obama's, Warren, Biden, Sanders out there. I know things don't kick off until after this weekend, officially, but it's still nerve wracking seeing her poll numbers decline.

I think many are just undecided.. Trump's been dominating the news with that Mexico trip and she kinda disappeared for a while. That's going to change in a few days.

So far I'm optimistic too.

FreeMySoul, on 03 Sept 2016 - 12:56 AM, said:FreeMySoul, on 03 Sept 2016 - 12:56 AM, said:

Trumps new immigration speech to take place next week

How many immigration speeches will he make until he gets it right?

Ugh. Seriously? Another ranting xenophobic filled tirade as a room filled of white bigots cheer it on Nazis. How exciting.

The notion that the woman who won the popular vote twice in two democratic primaries and setting a record, is supposedly a 'weak' candidate does not make sense.

True. But the media and *esp due to loony/cult Trump like Bernie supporters plus w/ the e-mail leaks showing 'favorability' for Hillary, the popular vote ALL got overshadowed by the 'shady conspiracy theories', making many people to think it's STILL not legit lol but more than anything... just general disdain for Hillary specifically.

If it was Elizabeth Warren there wouldn't be all this angst and pissed off people. There's all that and a backlash for the entire superdelegate system. Thank Trump and Sanders for seriously raising this when for I dunno how many years it was barely even noticed or cared about. Again...super anti establishment and all the 'old' rules election year. This campaign year Hillary is the epitome of what people do NOT want.

Thats basically what I've always been afraid of. Even if he gets 40%ish NO doubt almost every one of those people are waking up 4 am and gonna come out in herds to vote for him. It's almost a guarantee. Yes, she may 'poll' better but are those 3-7% of extra people who favor her truly 'fired up'. That's my biggest concern. Every pandering pathetic thing he is doing everyone knows is only being done to positively make sure he solidifies his def 40% ish plus gaining a few more while Hillary simply doesn't get the turnout.

Her actions or lack of during most of August are doing major damage, There's just NO excuse for her and her people to piss away all that time w/ this indifferent, 'laying low strategy'. HOW/why isn't she or her people and surrogates at least attempting while she's still barely ahead to stop the bleeding. *That's where Hillary always fucks up..when she's ahead. You're supposed to be proactive and visible to maintain your lead and try to increase it!

How about the Israel- Hamas CRITICAL ceasefire back in 2012?

It's her doing. 100%.

I vividly remember around 2010/2011 around when the Tea Party movement was on fire how there was a major Obama backlash. He was kind of in a place where Hillary is now. At that time she had like 60-70% approval ratings while Obama was in the 40s. Not like she 'did' much but simply looked better and more seasoned than Obama. From day 1 I thought it was a very bad move for her to accept the role. Reeked from selling out and wanting to end her career after being in that role.

She said numerous times she wanted out of politics after being Sec. Of State. If she would've just freaking waited it out then come back in 2016 there would be NO e-mail scandals. All Trump Inc would go after are her husbands scandals from the 90s and the foundation which would be weak and lame. But this e-mail thing w/ the Obama administration is absolutely her Watergate. She obviously ain't that 'smart' which is and has always been waay overrated. lol

I vividly remember around 2010/2011 around when the Tea Party movement was on fire how there was a major Obama backlash. He was kind of in a place where Hillary is now. At that time she had like 60-70% approval ratings while Obama was in the 40s. Not like she 'did' much but simply looked better and more seasoned than Obama. From day 1 I thought it was a very bad move for her to accept the role. Reeked from selling out and wanting to end her career after being in that role.

She said numerous times she wanted out of politics after being Sec. Of State. If she would've just freaking waited it out then come back in 2016 there would be NO e-mail scandals. All Trump Inc would go after are her husbands scandals from the 90s and the foundation which would be weak and lame. But this e-mail thing w/ the Obama administration is absolutely her Watergate. She obviously ain't that 'smart' which is and has always been waay overrated. lol

I disagree. I think she's smarter than most humans.. But she has flaws. I think her flaws together with her being a female (!) AND under a microscope for decades in the political arena has major consequences. All kidding aside- My hat's off to her for going through it..

The Dems pretty much gave her the "all clear" to run as their candidate because she was very popular as Sec of State.

The republicans tried very hard to block her way

because she presented a real threat to them, hence the Benghazi hearings.

I truly believe she'll be a terrific president. It just kinda sucks seeing this very nasty elections.. And of course the possibility of Trump becoming POTUS, which is unreal.

Thats basically what I've always been afraid of. Even if he gets 40%ish NO doubt almost every one of those people are waking up 4 am and gonna come out in herds to vote for him. It's almost a guarantee. Yes, she may 'poll' better but are those 3-7% of extra people who favor her truly 'fired up'. That's my biggest concern. Every pandering pathetic thing he is doing everyone knows is only being done to positively make sure he solidifies his def 40% ish plus gaining a few more while Hillary simply doesn't get the turnout.

Her actions or lack of during most of August are doing major damage, There's just NO excuse for her and her people to piss away all that time w/ this indifferent, 'laying low strategy'. HOW/why isn't she or her people and surrogates at least attempting while she's still barely ahead to stop the bleeding. *That's where Hillary always fucks up..when she's ahead. You're supposed to be proactive and visible to maintain your lead and try to increase it!

Ohh I'm not so sure about that. We'll just have to wait.

With you that its all the about her campaign needing to seriously kill it in Sept and esp October! The conventions confirmed how its ALL about the current news cycle, events etc...Hillary absolutely got a bounce and was riding it out as Trump has been frantically whoring it out in the media, beyond laughable and blatant photo ops and pandering in Mexico, Louisiana, Detroit etc...

Think it was universally understood things would tighten up after convention bounce wore off. Both sides admitted that even when she was pulling ahead by a lot. Her team knew def. that. While I still think she should've done more in August, beyond blatant it's gonna get super bloody after Labor Day. ALL comes down to the home stretch, world and domestic events, debates. Many people have already forgotten about the Kahns yet many were saying that was 'game changer' and final blow to Trump. Nope.

If Clinton could just keep her unpopularity #s slightly below Trump which they still are- and even the UN-trustworthy #s stay a bit better than Trumps that's key. Even more key are the majority of people believing she has the skills to actually do the job! 'Those' people are the educated whites who are still sticking with Clinton esp. white educated females. Even in states where things are tied she's still well ahead w. those absolutely essential voting groups. Reason it's even tied in many places is he's still getting an overwhelming amount of white men esp w/out college degrees. Not enough of em though to win. Long as she gets who she has 'currently' to TURN out she wins.

No doubt. Clinton's campaign went balls OUT to get them all released Labor Day weekend! lol. While he's as much of a dirt bag, smack talking low life as much as Trump is, Julian Assange/Wikileaks possibly (50/50) at best has damaging or hopefully just more embarrassing at the max shit that 'leaks'. Even if it's pre DNC, Breibart 'embarassing' quality leaks which obviously were not good (but did enough damage to make the DNC chair resign) which actually wasn't a bad thing 'cause pre leaks a LOT of people loathed Wasserman Shutlz lol. But if something leaks showing Hillary on video or approving and laughing at children in the middle east getting shot along w/ their puppies etc :#...then she's toast. lol

Speaking of hiding, Where is Elizabeth Warren? She was all over the place a few months ago.

I saw some pics of her speaking someplace.. Can't remember where.. But it looked like a low key event. I don't expect every event with her as a speaker to be a big news story.

Ya know, just so it's clear, I'm not saying releasing these documents over Labor day weekend is a good thing. At least not from my personal standpoint when it comes to voting for her. Just more evidence she has powerful people on her side making sure the least amount of damage is done. Holiday weekend = no one's paying attention. This is exactly the kind of stuff that irks me... more so than any incriminating info in leaks, etc. Manipulation, when all the time you smile and say you're "for the people." Of course all politicians do it, but I hate it!!

Hillary needs to get her ass out there and do some press conferences. Yes for the obvious reasons... votes, information, it's what you're supposed to do when you campaign, etc,... but in terms of practicing for the debates. Yeah she can throw some fierce looks that would scare the skin off a cat, but Im staring to think shes not gonna do well cuz she'll be rusty.

Ya know, just so it's clear, I'm not saying releasing these documents over Labor day weekend is a good thing. At least not from my personal standpoint when it comes to voting for her. Just more evidence she has powerful people on her side making sure the least amount of damage is done. Holiday weekend = no one's paying attention. This is exactly the kind of stuff that irks me... more so than any incriminating info in leaks, etc. Manipulation, when all the time you smile and say you're "for the people." Of course all politicians do it, but I hate it!!

Hillary needs to get her ass out there and do some press conferences. Yes for the obvious reasons... votes, information, it's what you're supposed to do when you campaign, etc,... but in terms of practicing for the debates. Yeah she can throw some fierce looks that would scare the skin off a cat, but Im staring to think shes not gonna do well cuz she'll be rusty.

Omg of course she has powerful people on her side. She's been cultivating a network of power for nearly 50 years. Is it a good thing? That's subjective.

I've been in sales for nearly 15 years and have cultivated the same kind of clients. The kind of clients that make me money. Is it a bad thing? No. It's what I do for a living. Do I have clients that would assist me if I needed it? You bet your ass I do. If I needed a realtor, if I needed legal assistance, if I needed advice in opening a small business. I have clients across the spectrum that could help me out in any one of these areas.

Does that make me shady? No, it's just the name of the game.

I'm by no stretch of the imagination super wealthy. Not even close. But I've certainly played my cards right in terms of the type of clients I 'butter up'. It's just the way society works.

Omg of course she has powerful people on her side. She's been cultivating a network of power for nearly 50 years. Is it a good thing? That's subjective.

I've been in sales for nearly 15 years and have cultivated the same kind of clients. The kind of clients that make me money. Is it a bad thing? No. It's what I do for a living. Do I have clients that would assist me if I needed it? You bet your ass I do. If I needed a realtor, if I needed legal assistance, if I needed advice in opening a small business. I have clients across the spectrum that could help me out in any one of these areas.

Does that make me shady? No, it's just the name of the game.

I'm by no stretch of the imagination super wealthy. Not even close. But I've certainly played my cards right in terms of the type of clients I 'butter up'. It's just the way society works.

If the powers that be are shitheads, then it's a problem and the powers that be in American politics are shit heads therefore it's a problem. It may be different for your clients but I don't care anything about them.

Fully aware that came off rude but I have very low tolerance for people who defend the present system. It's bad enough we have to call out and fight the sociopathic shitheads, we gotta deal with our fellow citizens who are also being shitted upon. Please don't take it personally, you're from Michigan like me and a fellow Madonna fan. We should do coffee sometime.