2016 American Presidential Thread πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

spazz

The Clinton Foundation has saved lives. Period.

http://www.politifact.com/global-news/statements/2016/jun/15/hillary-clinton/clinton-clinton-foundation-helped-9-million-lower-/

You know, I realize she's not always the most trustworthy person, but can people please chill the fuck out about this foundation? It's saved lives. How can people be against that? So fucking stupid.

Hector, on 30 Aug 2016 - 8:51 PM, said:

1zovmtz.jpg

Good heavens!!!

Can not wait until this beast is purged from New Jersey and hopefully we are smart enough to elect a dem to replace him after this disaster.

Guest Pud Whacker

I just posted that Pud. Am on on your ignore list? :)

No worries! Lol

no, youre not!

i guess i just missed it. sorry LS! :inlove:

Why the fuck is he going to Mexico? I'm not sure how his team feels this will do anything, positive or negative. It just doesn't make much sense from a political stand point. I can't see many Mexican Americans thinking 'Oh! Well, he's going to Mexico so I'm gonna vote Trump!'

I think it just makes him look opportunistic. I realize their president invited him, but still...... :banghead:

Looks like government officials there are already up and arms over it.

This son of a bitch is coming to my home state on Saturday and speaking at a black church in Detroit. All of this, going to Mexico and his blatant pandering to minorities, just REEKS of those people who say 'Well, I have a black/latino/gay friend...' He can't go an entire year - well most of his adult life really - saying some of the worst things any public official has ever said and expect people to just forget within in a week.

Or can he?

Only in America can we elect the first black president and have his successor be the first openly racist and bigoted president.

He's not trying to appeal to minorities. Well maybe he is a little, but what he's really trying to do is seem less racist to appeal to moderate white Republicans. He's polling at 7% with black people, there's no way he'll win them over.

I agree.

Only in America can we elect the first black president and have his successor be the first openly racist and bigoted president.

Which is prob exactly how its gonna down. Only in America.

A massive protest is scheduled to take place in Mexico today

I think the Mexican gov't are trying to 'test the waters', so to speak, in case he wins. Like: let's see how crazy he really is and then devicd a plan B in case Hilary doesn't win. But it might backfire for PeΓ±a Nieto (current president), who is already hugely unpopular. I already see Mexican left and right clinging on to this and use it in their pre-campaign towards the 2018 elections, lol!

He's not trying to appeal to minorities. Well maybe he is a little, but what he's really trying to do is seem less racist to appeal to moderate white Republicans. He's polling at 7% with black people, there's no way he'll win them over.

Specifically moderate white republican women.

He's polling ever less than that when you look at specific swing states.

There's a long tradition of Republican nominees visiting Mexico, but in this case... our president (in Mexico) is the worst. No backbone having corrupt asshole.

Mexicans Accuse President of β€˜Historic Error’ in Welcoming Donald Trump

MEXICO CITY β€” If President Enrique PeΓ±a Nieto invited Donald J. Trump to visit Mexico for a dialogue in the interest of democracy, the message has fallen on deaf ears.

Instead, the predominant feeling here in the Mexican capital is one of betrayal.

β€œIt’s a historic error,” said Enique Krauze, a well-known historian. β€œYou confront tyrants, you don’t appease them.”

On Mexico’s most popular morning television show on Wednesday, a livid Mr. Krauze likened the president’s meeting with Mr. Trump to the decision by Neville Chamberlain, then the British prime minister, to sit down with Hitler in Munich in 1938.

β€œIt isn’t brave to meet in private with somebody who has insulted and denigrated” Mexicans, Mr. Krauze said. β€œIt isn’t dignified to simply have a dialogue.”

Yes, many Mexicans say, it was Mr. Trump who offended the people of Mexico with his disparaging comments about migrants and his promises to build a border wall paid for by Mexico.

But for many Mexicans, Mr. PeΓ±a Nieto’s outreach to the candidate is even worse.

Newspapers, television stations, social media and all manner of national communication were awash in vitriol at the idea of a meeting between the two men.

The invitation has managed to do what has always been a herculean task in this fractious and economically divided nation: galvanize the masses.

Already, protests are lined up for the day, near the iconic Plaza de San Ángel statue along the city’s upscale Reforma Avenue. Invitations designed like party fliers were fired off through the night, heralding the visit with a handwritten message: β€œTrump, you are not welcome!”

But as others pointed out, Mr. Trump is the Republican presidential candidate, and there is a history of Republican nominees visiting Mexican presidents, including Senator John McCain when he was running against Barack Obama.

β€œAt the end of the day, this is the Republican candidate,” said Rafael FernΓ‘ndez de Castro, a professor at Syracuse University and former foreign policy adviser to Felipe CalderΓ³n, the previous Mexican president. β€œThe U.S. electorate put him in this position, and PeΓ±a is respecting that.”

Ultimately, he said, foreign policy cannot always be guided by public opinion, no matter the political consequences.

β€œHe has everything to lose in the media, but this is about governing,” Mr. FernΓ‘ndez de Castro said. β€œHe had no other choice β€” a good relationship with the U.S. is essential for the well-being of Mexico.”

From that perspective, with his approval ratings already low, Mr. PeΓ±a Nieto may have less to lose than is thought. If the goal is to ensure national interests in the event that Mr. Trump wins, then the furor over the visit will be a political cost the Mexican government is willing to take.

But that perspective has been largely drowned out in the outcry of the citizenry. Nor have officials tried to clearly articulate it. The president’s office has been relatively mute about the invitation, aside from acknowledging that it would occur and dispatching a single post on Twitter explaining the decision.

Some argue that the invite is a distraction from the domestic problems that have gnawed at the Mexican president. Violence is on the rise, new scandals seem to emerge regularly and the impunity that lies at the heart of discord in Mexico remains undisturbed. Most recently, the president was accused of plagiarizing a third of his law school thesis, which his office explained as an error in citation.

Others were not convinced by that explanation, contending that a meeting with Mr. Trump hardly makes Mexico’s other problems go away.

β€œI do not see this as a distraction to his problems; the visit will only add to the problems he faces in Mexico,” said Jason Marczak, a director in the Atlantic Council’s Adrienne Arsht Latin America Center, a research center. β€œDonald Trump will come out of this meeting carrying the message of the meeting.”

β€œHe will use PeΓ±a Nieto as a political pawn in his campaign,” he added.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/01/world/americas/trump-mexico-pena-nieto-reaction.html?_r=0

There is only one way for the Mexican president to get out of this mess. He needs to address the issue of "The Wall" immediately after the meeting and tell Mexicans that he told Trump that there is no way Mexico is going to pay in one way or another for this f*cking wall. Trump needs to be put in place. And I find the timing very odd. Shortly after his departure from Mexico he will give his big immigration speech. What is he going to tell the people? That the Mexican president agreed to pay for this absurdity. Will he lie again? Just like he did on Twitter today by telling people that the former Mexican president invited him and apologized to him. Kudos to the former president for calling Trump out for this lie.

impr3ssive_instant, on 31 Aug 2016 - 12:44 PM, said:

Really? 7%?

Most polls I have seen have him polling at 1% with black voters. :lol: A few days ago a poll also came out where black people were asked if they have a positive view of Trump. Most said no. A few percentage points said they don't know (I guess these people don't know what the hell is going on) and he got 0% when it came to them having a positive view of him. :lol:

There is only one way for the Mexican president to get out of this mess. He needs to address the issue of "The Wall" immediately after the meeting and tell Mexicans that he told Trump that there is no way Mexico is going to pay in one way or another for this f*cking wall. Trump needs to be put in place. And I find the timing very odd. Shortly after his departure from Mexico he will give his big immigration speech. What is he going to tell the people? That the Mexican president agreed to pay for this absurdity. Will he lie again? Just like he did on Twitter today by telling people that the former Mexican president invited him and apologized to him. Kudos to the former president for calling Trump out for this lie.

The whole thing seems sketchy as hell. And the fact that it is going to be a totally private meeting. Well someone on the Mexican side better have some kind of hidden recorder somewhere because I think some bullshit is going to be spewed when all is said and done.