2016 American Presidential Thread πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

spazz

Kurt420, on 25 Aug 2016 - 01:49 AM, said:Kurt420, on 25 Aug 2016 - 01:49 AM, said:Kurt420, on 25 Aug 2016 - 01:49 AM, said:

Is there a President in our history who didn't do shady shit either directly or indirectly??

No. Because we are all human, and we all fuck up. I always say we don't get to pick from" Candidate A." and "Candidate Perfection".

Clinton of course has her faults but compared to Trump? Jesus CHRIST! Its no contest.

Ah moral relativism.

This is becoming a parody.

I take it you've never voted in a presidential election and have no intention of doing so in the future?

When I used to bitch and moan about Bush in his first term, people that know me would politely remind me that I chose not to vote in the '00 election. Not for any moral purposes, just because quite frankly, I didn't care. They swiftly reminded me that I have no right to really bitch about anything since I did nothing to begin with.

And while we're talking about parodies, let's talk about how the Republican God, Ronald Reagan is probably doing somersaults in his grave over what's been going on the past 8 years with the GOP. Sarah Palin?? REALLY?? Donald Trump?? REALLY?? That's what's going to "fix" and "make America great again", those two goons?? The right can keep on keeping on though in this fantasy world they live in. It won't last much longer.

I take it you've never voted in a presidential election and have no intention of doing so in the future?

When I used to bitch and moan about Bush in his first term, people that know me would politely remind me that I chose not to vote in the '00 election. Not for any moral purposes, just because quite frankly, I didn't care. They swiftly reminded me that I have no right to really bitch about anything since I did nothing to begin with.

And while we're talking about parodies, let's talk about how the Republican God, Ronald Reagan is probably doing somersaults in his grave over what's been going on the past 8 years with the GOP. Sarah Palin?? REALLY?? Donald Trump?? REALLY?? That's what's going to "fix" and "make America great again", those two goons?? The right can keep on keeping on though in this fantasy world they live in. It won't last much longer.

This.

Especially your last paragraph.

Obama nailed it when he said at the DNC that 'what we saw in Cleveland last week wasn't conservative, and it certainly wasn't republican' or something along those lines.

Trump has precious few surrogates besides, Gingrich, Giuliani, Palin, etc. Because individuals who truly hold conservative values such as Paul Ryan, John McCain, Romney, KNOW that he isn't selling conservatism. He's selling exactly what Clinton said it that speech yesterday; bigotry, fear, paranoia, misogyny.

I watch his campaign spokespeople and surrogate twist themselves into pretzels defending him and what falls out of his mouth. Quite simply, I'm tired of this man. I'm tired of individuals defending him. I'm a center left guy but I come from a conservative family. NOT A SINGLE FAMILY MEMBER OF MINE IS VOTING FOR HIM. Why? Because of who he is and what he stands for. You don't like Clinton? Fine. I get it. But to buy into what this madman is saying showcases ignorance beyond comprehension.

Judging by the state polls in Georgia and South Carolina especially, Clinton may be the first candidate to win both the entire east and west coasts (Reagan lost D.C. in 1984).

Hope so. But that's only a snapshot of today. The next 2 months are gonna go by like 20 years and be a daily depressant of nothing but negativity and bottom of the barrel and sewer trash talk and dirty tricks. Wish it was 2008 or even 2012! Soo much shit is gonna prob happen, come out etc etc...

It's just painful to hear and see Hillary every bit as much as Trump. On Morning Joe/MSNBC she just spoke in such a f'king robotic, contrived, rambling, NON stimulating way. Queen Mika wasn't hearing of it (and she's a Hillary supporter), cut to the chase out of def. concern and abruptly asked her to just spit it out if there was anymore super shady shit w/ the e-mails lol. Of course Hillary said no w/ the monotone rehearsed response. As hideous as he and esp. his supporters are regardless of the reason, Trumps base is positively waay more 'stimulated'. Doesnt it almost *always come down to that come election day vs random polls. WHO is gonna be more 'fired up' Hillary supporters or Dumpters? :/

Yesterday, Youtube suggested me the 2008 vid of John McCain doing a town hall meeting, when one of his supporters said "I don't trust Obama, he's an arab". McCain took the mic and said "Barack Obama is a decent family man, you don't have to fear him" and a few people booed him.

Can you believe how far we've come since then? I miss McCain and decent republicans. They had bigots in their supporters but didn't embrace them like Trump does. In the same situation, Trump would have answered "Yes you can't trust Obama, he was born in Kenya and is the founder of ISIS, lock him up!" :semifunny:

Moka, on 27 Aug 2016 - 08:50 AM, said:

Yesterday, Youtube suggested me the 2008 vid of John McCain doing a town hall meeting, when one of his supporters said "I don't trust Obama, he's an arab". McCain took the mic and said "Barack Obama is a decent family man, you don't have to fear him" and a few people booed him.

Can you believe how far we've come since then? I miss McCain and decent republicans. They had bigots in their supporters but didn't embrace them like Trump does. In the same situation, Trump would have answered "Yes you can't trust Obama, he was born in Kenya and is the founder of ISIS, lock him up!" :semifunny:

I believe this new level of toxicity and idiocy that we now see being embraced by mainstream republicans started with Sarah Palin. I mean it was always there on the fringes but now it has fully become the base.

Omfg Trump lost it yet again w/ w new tweet about Dwyane Wade. Yet again...getting seriously backlash, *attention, and more importantly taking AWAY the attention from Hillary. Pointless to ask but still have to- even if you loathe Hillary HOW could anyone regardless of their low IQ (typical Trump supporter), anti establishment etc etc..zzzz not see what the hell he is doing here and semi consider voting for him. Off the map blatant he is either insane and/or (most likely) just does.not.want.this.damn.gig!! That said...I'm still concerned about election day! lol

I am saying the obvious at this point, but this man as President would be an EPIC disaster. He has NO filter. He just says whatever comes to his mind no matter how crazy and then when he is called out on it tries to act like everyone took it the wrong way.

I am sorry but it doesn't work like that when you are President talking to leaders around the globe whether they are your allies or your enemy. You cant just shoot your fucking mouth off.

Cant we just have the election already? Lets just get this shit over with. We don't even need debates. If you haven't made up your mind already there is something very derpy about you.

But I do agree with one thing that ULIZOS said on how polls can so easily go back and forth which is are people so easily swayed by events of the moment?

Ooops Trump had a bad week. I am voting for Hillary......On no! Now Hillary had a bad week! I am voting for Trump!

What the hell is this shit?

^ LMFAO. The Russians, alt right and pasty white, angry, self loathing white teens... the gift (trolling) that keeps on giving! lol

Cant we just have the election already? Lets just get this shit over with. We don't even need debates. If you haven't made up your mind already there is something very derpy about you.

But I do agree with one thing that ULIZOS said on how polls can so easily go back and forth which is are people so easily swayed by events of the moment?

Ooops Trump had a bad week. I am voting for Hillary......On no! Now Hillary had a bad week! I am voting for Trump!

What the hell is this shit?

A LOT of America..very very sway-able, simple folk who only listen to the noise on the surface and have 2 second attention spans. Have little idea or care to have an idea of anything beyond that. The kind who roam any typical city street and don't even know who the VP or Secretary Of State are. :# Trump knows exactly who/what they are better than they do which is why he's come this far!

He wouldn't make it through his first 100 days

That alone should horrify people. As bad as Trump is, Pence may be worse. So many people have 0 idea who/what he is. His 'mild mannered' demeanor is just a bs, manipulating mask. As far right nutty wacky as they come. Basically part of the 'Family Research Council' and every other hate group esp towards gays. I'm not that hopeful 'cause he's not impressing me so far but hopefully Kaine destroys him and his 'religious freedom bill' signing during the debate. Trump does NOT want this gig he just wants to 'win' then hand over the true job to Pence. Scary shit that could def. happen. Trump obviously is atrocious but at least if the VP was a Kasich type or someone semi non right wing wouldn't be as scary.

LSD, on 27 Aug 2016 - 6:14 PM, said:LSD, on 27 Aug 2016 - 6:14 PM, said:

G0uXAN7.png

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lmao:

Fucking hell it does seem to be true that many of these online Trump tolls are fake accounts. This is incredible.

A LOT of America..very very sway-able, simple folk who only listen to the noise on the surface and have 2 second attention spans. Have little idea or care to have an idea of anything beyond that. The kind who roam any typical city street and don't even know who the VP or Secretary Of State are. :# Trump knows exactly who/what they are better than they do which is why he's come this far!

And this scares the shit out of me. I WANT people who are more liberal minded or lean left to be up on as many issues as possible. I can not stand when I see people on the left peddling false information, or people who vote dem because they know its the "cooler" party to vote for yet they know nothing about the issues. I WANT a well informed democratic party educated with nothing but factual information.

I think that's the difference between a lot of republicans and democrats. Republicans LOVE dumbing down their voters and dumbing down America as a whole. They don't want a well informed population because by and large facts tend to have a liberal bias.

So there must have been some kind of Trump gathering or something around me because literally overnight I have seen a handful of homes around with TRUMP signs.

Yes I admit. I have been fucking with them and I am proud of it. That's all I will say. :angel:

I am sorry but it just triggers such a visceral response that sickens me. Never felt that way seeing McCain signs. Never felt that way seeing Romney signs, but Trump? You might as well have a burning fucking cross on your front yard.

http://www.ontopmag.com/article/23229/Donald_Trump_Shop_Selling_LGBTQ_For_Trump_Apparel

Donald Trump Shop Selling 'LGBTQ For Trump' Apparel

By CARLOS SANTOSCOY | August 27, 2016

35ddwdw.jpg

The Donald Trump campaign is selling apparel aimed at the LGBT community.

The campaign's store is selling a rainbow-colored "LGBTQ for Trump" button (2 for $5) and a men's t-shirt ($30).

Gay GOP group Log Cabin Republicans cheered the news.

"Donald J. Trump becomes the first Republican presidential candidate to offer official pro-LGBTQ merchandise with the unveiling of 'LGBTQ for Trump' apparel," the group said in a Facebook post.

Log Cabin Republicans has yet to endorse Trump for president. In a press release earlier this month, the group said that it would survey members on whether it should endorse the Republican candidate.

Trump's outreach to the LGBT community includes a pledge at the Republican National Convention to protect "our LGBTQ citizens from the violence and oppression of a hateful foreign ideology."

He's also said that he's a better "friend" to the LGBT community that his political rival, Hillary Clinton, who last year kicked off her campaign with a video that included an engaged gay male couple and a lesbian couple.