2016 American Presidential Thread

JR!

Just a bunch of uneducated hillbillies following him

I'm just truly baffled

I assume he's deliberately sabotaging his own campaign because he knows he's gone way over his head and can't handle it.

His poll numbers show that people are less likely to vote for him after the RNC first time in history that happens.

Why are you perusing Trump memes? Weird.

I am not perusing anything. I didn't know trump made memes, I saw it on twitter and thought it was funny and fitted the humour of this board, but nevermind.

Oh, that silly Pud of ours :lmao:

lol

Guest Rachelle of London

I might as well move to a red state because of the county I live in being the most republican county in NJ I am already surrounded by nothing but republicans. You drive through some towns and you see Trump lawn signs and this one guy has a MASSIVE Trump sign on his front lawn. It's like being in the Twilight Zone.

Felt the same way both times Obama was running as well. If I had no access to polling data or the internet just based on the people around me I would have said Obama doesn't stand a chance in HELL. Finding an Obama supporter was like finding a needle in a haystack.

Must be something in the water..........Actually come to think of it there was a massive issue about a large town by me called Toms River and their toxic drinking water back in the day. Even had a book written about it. Hmmmmmm......

Toms River is where Melissa Gorga is from

First Taylor Swift, now Hillary...

Hillary Clinton bikini mural covered with niqab after public decency complaints

Council had threatened Melbourne street artist Lushsux with a fine over original mural, which depicted Clinton in a swimsuit with $100 notes tucked into it

CozmmJQUsAAnNgS.jpg

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2016/aug/02/hillary-clinton-mural-covered-with-niqab-after-public-decency-complaints

Guest Mauro

Trump's had about 20 meltdowns in the last ten hours. :lmao:

One was over air conditioning:

http://www.roanoke.com/news/columns_and_blogs/columns/dan_casey/casey-trump-melts-down-in-the-hotel-roanoke-literally/article_1c19d5a8-6296-5d0e-a8ca-ab3f2c87aafd.html?mode=jqm

Me Talk Pretty One Day Trump:

trumphannity-660x330.jpg

Trump Slams New York Times: “They Don’t Write Good”

“You look at The New York Times, I mean, the fail — I call it ‘The Failing New York Times’ because it won’t be in business for another, probably more than a few years unless somebody goes in and buys it and wants to lose a lot of money. But The New York Times is so unfair. I mean they write three, four articles about me a day. No matter how good I do on something, they’ll never write good. They don’t write good. They have people over there, like Maggie Haberman and others, they don’t — they don’t write good. They don’t know how to write good.” – Donald Trump, speaking last night to Sean Hannity.

Trump has threatened to ban the Times from his events. Previously banned are the Washington Post, Politico,Buzzfeed, and about two dozen other outlets that apparently don’t write good.

http://www.joemygod.com/2016/08/02/trump-slams-new-york-times-dont-write-good-video/

Guest Mauro
GOP Rep. Says He'll Vote For Clinton: Trump Is A 'National Embarrassment'

v1dpehb4blj3z5oi2ggk.jpg

Rep. Richard Hanna (R-NY) on Tuesday became the first Republican member of the House to openly say that he plans to vote for Hillary Clinton in November.

Hanna, who is not running for re-election this year, told Syracuse.com in an interview published Tuesday that Donald Trump is "unfit to serve our party and cannot lead this country."

"I think Trump is a national embarrassment. Is he really the guy you want to have the nuclear codes?" he asked.

The congressman said that he's considered voting for Clinton for a few months, and that Trump's attacks the parents of a deceased Muslim American soldier were the last straw.

"I saw that and felt incensed," Hanna told Syracuse.com. "I was stunned by the callousness of his comments."

Hanna also wrote an op-ed on Syracuse.com spelling out why he cannot support Trump and will instead vote for Hillary Clinton.

"Secretary Clinton has issues that depending on where one stands can be viewed as great or small. But she stands and has stood for causes bigger than herself for a lifetime. That matters," he wrote. "Mrs. Clinton has promoted many of the issues I have been committed to over the years including expanding education and supporting women's health care."

"While I disagree with her on many issues, I will vote for Mrs. Clinton. I will be hopeful and resolute in my belief that being a good American who loves his country is far more important than parties or winning and losing," he added.

Hanna has already said that he will not back Trump, and he often bucks his party — he supports same-sex marriage and rejects certain limitations on abortion.

In April, he said that the GOP "is not capable of nominating anyone who is electable nationally," lamenting the "extreme" members of the Republican party.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/richard-hanna-vote-clinton-gop

GOP Rep. Says He'll Vote For Clinton: Trump Is A 'National Embarrassment'

v1dpehb4blj3z5oi2ggk.jpg

Rep. Richard Hanna (R-NY) on Tuesday became the first Republican member of the House to openly say that he plans to vote for Hillary Clinton in November.

Hanna, who is not running for re-election this year, told Syracuse.com in an interview published Tuesday that Donald Trump is "unfit to serve our party and cannot lead this country."

"I think Trump is a national embarrassment. Is he really the guy you want to have the nuclear codes?" he asked.

The congressman said that he's considered voting for Clinton for a few months, and that Trump's attacks the parents of a deceased Muslim American soldier were the last straw.

"I saw that and felt incensed," Hanna told Syracuse.com. "I was stunned by the callousness of his comments."

Hanna also wrote an op-ed on Syracuse.com spelling out why he cannot support Trump and will instead vote for Hillary Clinton.

"Secretary Clinton has issues that depending on where one stands can be viewed as great or small. But she stands and has stood for causes bigger than herself for a lifetime. That matters," he wrote. "Mrs. Clinton has promoted many of the issues I have been committed to over the years including expanding education and supporting women's health care."

"While I disagree with her on many issues, I will vote for Mrs. Clinton. I will be hopeful and resolute in my belief that being a good American who loves his country is far more important than parties or winning and losing," he added.

Hanna has already said that he will not back Trump, and he often bucks his party he supports same-sex marriage and rejects certain limitations on abortion.

In April, he said that the GOP "is not capable of nominating anyone who is electable nationally," lamenting the "extreme" members of the Republican party.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/richard-hanna-vote-clinton-gop

Finally a republican with a soul.

Guest Mauro

Finally a republican with a soul.

Perhaps it'll have a snowball effect. Someone had to be the first. At this point, in order to keep your job, you're going to have to totally shun Donald Trump.

Perhaps it'll have a snowball effect. Someone had to be the first. At this point, in order to keep your job, you're going to have to totally shun Donald Trump.

I'm sure a lot of them will be voting HIllary. They just won't telegraph it.

He is purposely sabotaging this campaign. I'm convinced of it.

I actually feel bad for conservatives. They were throughly duped by a con man.

He'll continue to suck them dry as they spend the next 15 years glued to the television watching Trump News after abandoning Fox.

Trump's had about 20 meltdowns in the last ten hours. :lmao:

One was over air conditioning:

http://www.roanoke.com/news/columns_and_blogs/columns/dan_casey/casey-trump-melts-down-in-the-hotel-roanoke-literally/article_1c19d5a8-6296-5d0e-a8ca-ab3f2c87aafd.html?mode=jqm

Me Talk Pretty One Day Trump:

trumphannity-660x330.jpg

Trump Slams New York Times: “They Don’t Write Good”

“You look at The New York Times, I mean, the fail — I call it ‘The Failing New York Times’ because it won’t be in business for another, probably more than a few years unless somebody goes in and buys it and wants to lose a lot of money. But The New York Times is so unfair. I mean they write three, four articles about me a day. No matter how good I do on something, they’ll never write good. They don’t write good. They have people over there, like Maggie Haberman and others, they don’t — they don’t write good. They don’t know how to write good.” – Donald Trump, speaking last night to Sean Hannity.

Trump has threatened to ban the Times from his events. Previously banned are the Washington Post, Politico,Buzzfeed, and about two dozen other outlets that apparently don’t write good.

http://www.joemygod.com/2016/08/02/trump-slams-new-york-times-dont-write-good-video/

well*

Guest Mauro

Hate to defend him but I think what he's saying is they don't write good as in good things but he should have caught how it sounded anyway.

hXGtYfh.gif

Guest Mauro

Tony Schwartz ‏@tonyschwartz

Trump selling copies of Art of the Deal for $184 to raise money for campaign. Isn't worth paper it's printed on. I should know: I wrote it.

:dead:

We are literally watching Trump on FULL BLOWN self destruct mode.

I have lost count in the last few days alone on how much crazy ass shit he has done or said.

I can't keep up!!!!

1362713507988777_animate.gif

Republican Meg Whitman (who is a business woman if I am not mistaken) is someone who was rumored to be McCain's possible running mate in 2008 came out and said she is voting for Hillary and will donate to her campaign and urge everyone she knows to vote for her.

Whitman created friggin E-bay!! Ran for governor of CA. She's BIG time $$$ and very, very influential donor...for the Rethugs (or was). FULLY supported Romney, Christie etc etc... lmao!! :blink:

Waiting for the Trump campaign to implode...tick tock

The New York Times

Meg Whitman, Calling Donald Trump a Demagogue, Will Support Hillary Clinton for President

Meg Whitman, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise executive who ran for governor of California, with her husband, Griffith R. Harsh IV.

DREW ANGERER / GETTY IMAGES

By JONATHAN MARTIN

AUGUST 2, 2016

Meg Whitman, a Hewlett Packard executive and Republican fund-raiser, said Tuesday that she would support Hillary Clinton for president and give a substantial contribution to her campaign in order to stop Donald J. Trump, whom she berated as a threat to American democracy.

I will vote for Hillary, I will talk to my Republican friends about helping her, and I will donate to her campaign and try to raise money for her, Ms. Whitman said in a telephone interview.

She revealed that Mrs. Clinton, the Democratic nominee, had reached out to her in a phone call about a month ago, one of the first indications that Mrs. Clinton is aggressively courting Republican leaders. While acknowledging she diverged from Mrs. Clinton on many policy issues, Ms. Whitman said it was time for Republicans to put country first before party.

Using remarkably blunt language, she argued that the election of Mr. Trump, whom she called a dishonest demagogue, could lead the country on a very dangerous journey. She noted that democracies had seldom lasted longer than a few hundred years and warned that those who say that it cant happen here are being naïve.

Ms. Whitman also said she absolutely stood by her comments at a private gathering of Republican donors this year comparing Mr. Trump to Hitler and Mussolini, explaining that dictators often come to office through democratic means.

Time and again history has shown that when demagogues have gotten power or come close to getting power, it usually does not end well, Ms. Whitman said. She asserted that Mr. Trump had already undermined the character of the nation.

A billionaire who spent $140 million of her own money in a failed bid for governor of California in 2010, Ms. Whitman, the former chief executive of eBay, is a prized defector for Mrs. Clinton. She is close to Mitt Romney, the 2012 Republican nominee; has deep ties to the countrys business elite; and is a rare female Republican executive in Silicon Valley.

While many leading Republican donors have made clear that they will not donate to Mr. Trump, few have taken the next step of throwing their support, and financial largess, to Mrs. Clinton.

Ms. Whitman was a leading fund-raiser for Mr. Romneys 2008 presidential campaign and was a chairwoman of Gov. Chris Christies presidential finance team this year. But after Mr. Christie withdrew from the campaign and endorsed Mr. Trump, Ms. Whitman excoriated the New Jersey governor for what she said was an astonishing display of political opportunism.

On Tuesday, Ms. Whitman said she had not spoken to Mr. Christie since he endorsed Mr. Trump, and pointedly noted that she had not changed her view of his decision.

Ms. Whitman, who said she would remain a Republican, brings with her a considerable network of contributors, some of whom she said were open to giving to Mrs. Clinton. She said she was willing to campaign for Mrs. Clinton, said she would do her best to gather checks for her campaign and indicated she would personally give to both Mrs. Clinton and her affiliated super PACs. An aide to Ms. Whitman said she would personally give at least an amount in the mid-six figures to the Clinton effort.

While Democrats openly appealed at their convention last week to Republicans uneasy with Mr. Trump, Mrs. Clinton and her top supporters have been making a similar cross-party pitch in private since before the Democratic nomination fight even came to its conclusion.

Ms. Whitman said that she did not commit to supporting Mrs. Clinton when they talked on the phone last month, and that Mrs. Clinton had offered no assurances on how she would govern. But Ms. Whitman called it a lovely chat that included a discussion of economic issues.

She said she had told Mrs. Clinton that she wanted to see the two parties conventions and assess the running mates that each nominee chose before making her decision. When Mrs. Clinton selected Senator Tim Kaine of Virginia, a consensus-oriented figure, that was a positive for me, Ms. Whitman said.

I dont agree with her on very many issues, she added, but she would be a much better president than Donald Trump.

I hope it'll all blow up in their faces! Choosing Trump and standing beside him, for me, has finally taken down the curtain from the GOP and hopefully will prove to be the biggest mistake of their lives. It blantly shows that they only care about money and seats. There's no love of country. They're the opposite of patriots- just a bunch of fucking opportunists.