2016 American Presidential Thread

JR!

Guest Rachelle of London

This is exactly what I've been saying. He's just a reflection of U.S. society at the moment. People act all shocked like they live in a bubble and never knew this is what 1/2 of America looks like: WASPy, racist, angry, misinformed, paranoid, etc.

Hence why I said Trump has more support than people want to admit. I bet loads of people secretly love him and will vote for him.

Hence why I said Trump has more support than people want to admit. I bet loads of people secretly love him and will vote for him.

Remember demographics though. You can't win on white people alone in this country. His Hispanic numbers are close to single digits. With blacks, he polls UNDER 5% IN SOME POLLS :lmao:

Guest Rachelle of London

Remember demographics though. You can't win on white people alone in this country. His Hispanic numbers are close to single digits. With blacks, he polls UNDER 5% IN SOME POLLS :lmao:

I never said he'll win but I think he has a lot of support. And from people you'd least expect.

Trump isn't attracting the WASPs though. Those ppl tend to be educated and lean establishment democratic. Or establishment republican He's attracting working class uneducated white men most of all. In other words, white trash. Sorry to say it.

Okay, then let's just change WASPy to Evangelically then :lmao:

Why are people so shocked of someone like Trump? I am not a bit surprised that someone who's currently running for the USA presidency is downright representing what's going wrong with society. It was bound to happen! Media or not or politics or not this is the state of the world now. Trump is where he is because he has public support. Pure and simple. As much as it does look like everybody hates him truth is he's actually well loved and supported by quite a few people. Is he a voice for racism and sexism? Is he a voice for bigotry and Islamphobia? Yes he is... He took it upon himself to be the voice for a large group of people who are racist, sexist, homophobic, Islamphobic, etc... The real shock to me is that these people all of a sudden matter! I mean where were they hiding? Who's responsible to let them out and protect them? Something is definetely wrong with the way things are going...

And for people thinking Hillary surely will win this one I wouldn't be quite sure. In the UK everybody was sure we would have stayed in the EU. The referendum begged to differ...

I'm personally not surprised at all.

I'm originally from Saginaw, MI. Moved to Kalamazoo, MI, which is almost 3 hours west, 14 years ago. Saginaw was already a dying city when I left. Used to be FILLED with blue collar jobs. GM, Delphi, OWNED the city. It's one of those MANY cities throughout the midwest and rust belt that has been decimated over the last 30 years. Shit, it's lost half of it's population.

Kalamazoo on the other hand, has flourished. Population has actually grown. It's diversified it's workforce. It's keeping the college students that graduate from Western Michigan University and Kalamazoo College.

When I go back to visit my parents in Saginaw and see some of my high school friends who still live there, the cultural difference that's just THREE hours away in the same state is astounding. My parents aren't Trump supporters, but MANY of the individuals I speak with there are. They're pissed. Pissed at the world and they don't know why. They truly believe that a diversified nation, higher education, just isn't in their best interests. It's remarkably sad. And scary.

These people are motivated and mobilized. And I'll be uneasy until they call for HRC on election night.

And can I say that Jill Stein is a fucking WHACK job.

Like I said this election has shown me that I am just as disgusted with the far far left, as I am with the far far right, and I HOPE that the far far left never takes over the dem party like the far far right has taken over the republicans.

Yes, exactly.

The far right are racist, misogynist, homophobic pigs. The far left ooze conspiracy theories and come off sounding bat shit crazy. And they spout nonsense about Hillary Clinton as though she's an all powerful sorceress who can snap her fingers and have whatever she wants. If this is true, I'm still not sure why she didn't snap her fingers in 2008 and win the Democratic nomination.

I just watched the VOX interview with Hillary conducted by Ezra Klein, and she really is unbelievably intelligent. I also find her, gasp, incredibly sincere.

Ulizos was kinda right to be fair. Just had the wrong white people.

Don't be a Mexican apologist. He's been a dick recently. God knows why especially as I've been nice to hik for near TEN FUCKING YEARS. :lmao:

Another poll showing her 9 ahead. So let's recap the week. 2 polls 9 points for Clinton. 1 for 7. Another for 6. 1 at 10. And another at 15.

This is absolutely god awful for Trump. For perspective, Obie was leading Romney around 2-3 at this point in time.

Guest Rachelle of London

I bet there are women voting for Hillary because she's a woman. Someone even posted here that Madonna should endorse Hillary because she's a woman and a feminist.

It's true. This lady who lives next door to me - old, sweet, reserved, told me she was voting for Trump. I didn't wanna spoil her fun so I just said "cool" :lol:

The sweet, old, reserved lady that lives across the street from me hates Trump and is voting for Hillary. Then she started making racist comments about the Chinese neighbors.

Guest Rachelle of London

The sweet, old, reserved lady that lives across the street from me hates Trump and is voting for Hillary. Then she started making racist comments about the Chinese neighbors.

:lmao:

Does she post on this forum?

:lmao:

Does she post on this forum?

No. She's 100. lol

We must stop these racist Hillary Voters! I'm scared shitless this woman might win!

OH THE IRONY as I was standing at the front door talking to her (she was bringing me her half eaten salad from Wendys; a neighborly gesture but I'm sorry, I dont want people's half eaten food. I gave the chicken strips to the dog so it didn't all go to waste). But I Digress! Here I am the one not hating Trump, shes DOES hate him, but is racist. Kind of throws a wrench into all your "statements of fact" that Hillary Voters are the good and righteous.