Munich shopping mall under attack

It's weird how the media isn't really reporting much about these attacks. Granted it's 2:30am here, but I haven't seen too much about the poor pregnant woman and her unborn baby slaughtered to death. Is Germany under attack or what?

It's weird how the media isn't really reporting much about these attacks. Granted it's 2:30am here, but I haven't seen too much about the poor pregnant woman and her unborn baby slaughtered to death. Is Germany under attack or what?

I guess they don't want to say anything until is cofirmed if it's because of a grazy guy or something different

As Flip the Switch posted...

This was last night in Bayern.

Ansbach explosion: Syrian asylum seeker blows himself up in Germany

A failed Syrian asylum seeker has blown himself up and injured 12 other people with a backpack bomb near a festival in the south German town of Ansbach.

The state of Bavaria's interior minister said the 27-year-old man had detonated the device after being refused entry to the music festival.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36880758

Guest Rachelle of London

Germany clearly is under attack but they're trying to downplay it. 4 attacks in 5 days isn't coincidental.

and the ones who comitted the attacks on the weekend have been known, have been registered, were known to be violent and the the attacker of Ansbach didn't get asylum, so no, these people have not disappeared and it was known where they live.

And also this man has a history of suicidal thoughts, with two unsuccessful tries before.

Guest Rachelle of London

Attack by whom?

Are you a bigot?

WTF

Are you trying to say that 4 attacks in one country this week alone is normal?

The media are clearly trying to downplay what is going on in Germany in order to not scare people. It's obvious.

WTF

The media are clearly trying to downplay what is going on in Germany in order to not scare people. It's obvious.

Sorry, that's simply not true. The media is constantly reporting about all the incidents that have happened in Germany in the past week.

Nobody is downplaying anything and for once, they are actually doing their job, reporting facts as they become clear and trying to avoid pure speculation.

If you look at the incidents in the past week, you can easily see that they all need to viewed differently. They are NOT connected. There is no coordinated "attack" happening in Germany. Conspiracy theories, as convenient as they may be, are not helpful in a situation like this.

There is too little detailed, factual information about each incident to come to a final conclusion.

Guest Rachelle of London

I cannot be the only person who thinks it's odd that all these incidents have happened in one week alone. Unless they occur all the time and are just not big news. It's a very tragic week in Germany that is for sure.

I still can't help feeling for that pregnant woman killed yesterday in the machete attack. She was Polish and had come to Germany for a better life. It's heartbreaking. Her death isn't even being widely reported.

her death is at least discussed on all major newspaper together with the other 3 attacks on page 1, I would consider that widely reported. Whoever tells you that things are not talked about in German media might just not be familiar with how things are usually discussed in Germany (or they just lie).

There doesn't seem to be a coordination among these attacks, maybe due to social media people just jump rather on a bandwagon than previously. Police in fact talked about that as their big fear on Friday.

WTF

It is NOT normal for sure!!

I'm glad the media is reporting them but I'm afraid people here are either shellshocked or becoming blasé about these incidents.

These attacks may not be connected to a wider terror network but surely people can see the obvious pattern emerging. If you can't be honest about that, then god help you. :/

her death is at least discussed on all major newspaper together with the other 3 attacks on page 1, I would consider that widely reported. Whoever tells you that things are not talked about in German media might just not be familiar with how things are usually discussed in Germany (or they just lie).

There doesn't seem to be a coordination among these attacks, maybe due to social media people just jump rather on a bandwagon than previously. Police in fact talked about that as their big fear on Friday.

Exactly. It's social media hysteria. As horrific as each one of these incidents has been, there is nothing that connects them. There is a press conference regarding the Munich incident happening right now and it's very clear, that this was an isolated event.

Sometimes similar things just happen in a short period of time but that doesn't mean that they are connected.

It is NOT normal for sure!!

I'm glad the media is reporting them but I'm afraid people here are either shellshocked or becoming blasé about these incidents.

These attacks may not be connected to a wider terror network but surely people can see the obvious pattern emerging. If you can't be honest about that, then god help you. :/

What pattern? It's easy to throw something out there and not elaborate. That's called conspiracy theory. If you say there's a pattern, then I'm sure you can give some factual details on it.

Guest Rachelle of London

Where did I say that German media isn't discussing it? Hence why I said "widely reported" I've barely seen it on our news over here. I'm not in Germany so I wouldn't know what is being reported there.

Maybe social media is blowing things out of proportion but I've never heard of all this going on in Germany in one week. I didn't mean to cause offence it's just scary.

awww then I just simply missunderstood your comment. I thought, someone told you German media would keep shut about it. At least in Germany there are sometimes accusation that "things are not discussed", while they are pretty much discussed in the open - just not with the spin some people want it to have (they then usually refer to great russian media where things are openly discussed).

Guest Rachelle of London

Thinking about it it's wrong for me to say that Germany is under attack based on my opinion. That's thoughtless and not very nice for people to read. These instances are tragic enough without my drama added

Are you joking?! I pray you are.

Who are the killers? What do they have in common? It may not be cool to mention it in our twisted society, but it MUST be examined.

Since when in Germany are UNPROVOKED bombings, mass shooting, axe/machete attacks normal?

The guy with the bomb in Bayern yesterday, detonated it after he was refused entry into the music festival. Seriously, wtf!

You're doing exactly what conspiracy theorists do (not saying you are one). You're replying with questions instead of answering them.

What do they have in common? Speak up, or are you afraid someone will call you a racist? Because you are obviously implying it is the refugee status of three of these people. Yes, axe guy in the train, the "machete" guy (turns out it was a döner knife and there was a connection to the victim) and the suicide bomber are refugees. The Munich shooter wasn't. What does that tell us? That they are refugees. Not much more. That all four are Muslims? They are. What does that tell us? That they believe in Allah. Not much more. So again my question. What pattern?

There have been mass shootings in Germany (have you forgotten about Winneden and Erfurt for example?)

There have been knife/machete attacks in the middle of a city in the past, more than once.

I'm not downplaying any of these incidents. They are all terrible and scary. But like it or not, each one of them has to be investigated thoroughly and individually. There are way more differences in each of these incidents than there are similarities. Generalizations simply because there are some similarities are not helpful. They only contribute to making society more afraid, more hysterical and more radical. Just look at Donald Trump supporters. Scare tactics without any factual reasoning has turned people into monsters.

I for one don't want that here and I will always speak up against it.

The attacks weren't silence and most of them have been for crazy psychos who happen to be related to some arab or muslim country. But they could have happened in China, in Colorado or in Buenos Aires.

You're doing exactly what conspiracy theorists do (not saying you are one). You're replying with questions instead of answering them.

What do they have in common? Speak up, or are you afraid someone will call you a racist? Because you are obviously implying it is the refugee status of three of these people. Yes, axe guy in the train, the "machete" guy (turns out it was a döner knife and there was a connection to the victim) and the suicide bomber are refugees. The Munich shooter wasn't. What does that tell us? That they are refugees. Not much more. That all four are Muslims? They are. What does that tell us? That they believe in Allah. Not much more. So again my question. What pattern?

There have been mass shootings in Germany (have you forgotten about Winneden and Erfurt for example?)

There have been knife/machete attacks in the middle of a city in the past, more than once.

I'm not downplaying any of these incidents. They are all terrible and scary. But like it or not, each one of them has to be investigated thoroughly and individually. There are way more differences in each of these incidents than there are similarities. Generalizations simply because there are some similarities are not helpful. They only contribute to making society more afraid, more hysterical and more radical. Just look at Donald Trump supporters. Scare tactics without any factual reasoning has turned people into monsters.

I for one don't want that here and I will always speak up against it.

Agree

This is more a case of violence calling violence. These are kids with a disrupted mind. The thing is that their religion, even though they are not especially fanatics, allows them to become more radical in months and once their barriers fall because others are doing the same attacks, they get into action.

Thinking about it it's wrong for me to say that Germany is under attack based on my opinion. That's thoughtless and not very nice for people to read. These instances are tragic enough without my drama added

But it is not, Chelle. I mean, you are right that this absolutly with no precedent, that so many attacks so suddenly have to have a cause. But it's not like in Paris or Brusells, there are not terrorism cells planning carefully different bombings.

There's a big difference between Paris/Brusells and Nice/Germany. These last attacs are more a consequence of the previous ones. And none of the killers were especially fanatics.

Guest Rachelle of London

But it is not, Chelle. I mean, you are right that this absolutly with no precedent, that so many attacks so suddenly have to have a cause. But it's not like in Paris or Brusells, there are not terrorism cells planning carefully different bombings.

There's a big difference between Paris/Brusells and Nice/Germany. These last attacs are more a consequence of the previous ones. And none of the killers were especially fanatics.

Yes that's why I said its wrong for me to say Germany is under attack.