Ladies and Genttleman...Elections in Spain again!!!! part 2

I´m going to vote podemos this time, let´s see what they do, and we have basque elections in autumn...let´s see what happens. I don´t confide in them a lot, but I don´t confide in any of them.Maybe I should be in politics because I don´t like any of them.

And PP is going to win again, after all the stealings, the scandals, everything...that´s so sad.I guess the big cities are going to vote different, but the average joe from spain, PP.

Do people in Spain consider the Basque country to be right wing racists?

I wound´t say that...ten years ago, I would have told you that they knew we had Left wing criminals...but the basque nacionalist right wing has been very moderate since franco´s dead.They even repeat a lot of times what is a basque, "a person that lives and works in the basque country", because they know a lot of basque people don´t consider basque a lot of people that came from spain to work here (usually are called maketos, coreanos, manchurrianos, belarrimotzak... a lot of non nice names that we don´t use anymore )

it´s funny, because I have lived with that mentality a lot: "if you have a familly of dogs living with wolves, are wolves or dogs?" so this was the same. The spanish people could be nice, hard workers, live here for decades, but still, a dog is a dog, and a wolf is a wolf.But the PNV has worked on that.NOt only them, but they were the ones with that type of voters.

I wound´t say that...ten years ago, I would have told you that they knew we had Left wing criminals...but the basque nacionalist right wing has been very moderate since franco´s dead.They even repeat a lot of times what is a basque, "a person that lives and works in the basque country", because they know a lot of basque people don´t consider basque a lot of people that came from spain to work here (usually are called maketos, coreanos, manchurrianos, belarrimotzak... a lot of non nice names that we don´t use anymore )

it´s funny, because I have lived with that mentality a lot: "if you have a familly of dogs living with wolves, are wolves or dogs?" so this was the same. The spanish people could be nice, hard workers, live here for decades, but still, a dog is a dog, and a wolf is a wolf.But the PNV has worked on that.NOt only them, but they were the ones with that type of voters.

Glad to see that they aren't under attack for making a democratic decision. The whole left v right thing is the world Political device ever. I mean, it's very clever in controlling people but it's also counter productive. So if the 'nationalist right wing' party of the Basque country defines a Basque as "a person that lives and works in the basque country" I think that is pretty cool. :thumbsup:

. So if the 'nationalist right wing' party of the Basque country defines a Basque as "a person that lives and works in the basque country" I think that is pretty cool. :thumbsup:

yes, but the weird thing is that the sentence, the idea was created to include people from other regions of spain inside the basque comunity...and now they , and their sons-grandsons, are the ones calling names to emigrants.I leave in a very right wing-pro spain neighborhood, and I decided to stop biting my tongue a few months ago...they think all the money help goes to the emigrants, all the emigrants steal...this is so sad, and I always remember my grandmother, for her these people wouldn´t be basque! they would be the dogs between the wolves. I sometimes want to tell them that the same exact things that they are saying about the emigrants, were the same things that people used to say about them,but...they woudn´t believe me! they feel they are better and that nobody can say a bad thing about them!

Guest Rachelle of London

yes, but the weird thing is that the sentence, the idea was created to include people from other regions of spain inside the basque comunity...and now they , and their sons-grandsons, are the ones calling names to emigrants.I leave in a very right wing-pro spain neighborhood, and I decided to stop biting my tongue a few months ago...they thing all the money help goes to the emigrants, all the emigrants steal...this is so sad, and I always remember my grandmother, for her these people wouldn´t be basque! they would be the dogs between the wolves. I sometimes want to tell them that the same exact things that they are saying about the emigrants, were the same things that people used to say about them,but...they woudn´t believe me! they feel they are better and that nobody can say a bad thing about them!

I can totally understand that. It's as confusing as anything. I went school with a Greek Cypriot girl who was born in Cyprus and came to London when she was 9. When we left school she married really young to a British guy so she's now a British citizen. During the referendum here she was posting the WORST things about migrants coming here and how they're thieves etc. I blocked her posts coming through but I just couldn't understand. She benefitted from the EU immigration laws more than anyone but is against others doing the same. Crazy?

Is there a slight chance of Catalonia having independence or the vote for it?

I can totally understand that. It's as confusing as anything. I went school with a Greek Cypriot girl who was born in Cyprus and came to London when she was 9. When we left school she married really young to a British guy so she's now a British citizen. During the referendum here she was posting the WORST things about migrants coming here and how they're thieves etc. I blocked her posts coming through but I just couldn't understand. She benefitted from the EU immigration laws more than anyone but is against others doing the same. Crazy?

Is there a slight chance of Catalonia having independence or the vote for it?

yes, it´s utterly crazy, but sometimes emigrants forget where they come from...and about catalonya, I don´t think so.The sapinsh law is very clear with that, the power is in all the citizens of spain, not in the regions or small nations...there is one political party that wants to change the law, podemos, but I doin´t really think they really want to change it.We´ll see...

I´m going to vote podemos this time, let´s see what they do, and we have basque elections in autumn...let´s see what happens. I don´t confide in them a lot, but I don´t confide in any of them.Maybe I should be in politics because I don´t like any of them.

And PP is going to win again, after all the stealings, the scandals, everything...that´s so sad.I guess the big cities are going to vote different, but the average joe from spain, PP.

I voted Podemos too!!!

Let's change the country. Let the new way to make social politics begin!!!!!

What's wrong with podemos? Don't they fight for the underdog?

Yes. But here is has happened as in the UK. The misinformation and fear induced campaign from media owned by banks has made half population fear that Podemos is like Stalin or something haha. Just because of lies and fear half voters will vote Conservative again :(

What's wrong with podemos? Don't they fight for the underdog?

They have ties -and economical support- withthe political party that have ruined Venezuela during the last 20 years. That's enough for me to vote for anyone else but them.

Careful, that seems to be a lie fabricated by the Interior Ministery. Remember this past week the recordings about the Catalonian politicians and the minister crafting lies? Five times the High Court has dropped the case about Podemos because there's absolutely zero connection.

you know what they say about a lie: you repeat it a thousand times and for some it becomes the truth...

Yes. But here is has happened as in the UK. The misinformation and fear induced campaign from media owned by banks has made half population fear that Podemos is like Stalin or something haha. Just because of lies and fear half voters will vote Conservative again :(

My mother lives in Venezuela and, like most middle class people on Caracas, is unable to buy the basic products because you just can't find them on the streets anymore, the stores just don't carry them and if you buy them though resellers they are insanely expensive.

It breaks my heart to read the messages on the WhatsApp group my family members has because it has turned into things like "A coworker is selling a pack of flour for 30.000Bs. Anyone up to buy it so we can split it?".

To give you a reference, minimum wage was raised back in May to 33.000Bs. If a venezuelan wants to turn that into dollars today it would be less than 35 dollars a month. A friend was telling me how she went to buy a 4kg pack of Purina Dog Chow and it costed her 14.000Bs. It was the cheapest. Minimum wage wouldn't let you buy three bags of food for your dog a month.

There were lots of corruption in the government before Chavez, Maduro and Co. But people could live. People could go to a shop and buy whatever they wanted / could afford and even pick.

Now you have this:

150110052713_sp_supermercado_venezuela_6

Things don't have to be like this in here in Spain but for Podemos to have anything to do with the politicians behind this is reason enough for me to support anyone else.

Careful, that seems to be a lie fabricated by the Interior Ministery. Remember this past week the recordings about the Catalonian politicians and the minister crafting lies? Five times the High Court has dropped the case about Podemos because there's absolutely zero connection.

you know what they say about a lie: you repeat it a thousand times and for some it becomes the truth...

Judging by his reaction when Rivera confronted him on the debate I'm sure there's truth to it and in any case, he's clearly a fan of Chavez

Pablo-Iglesias-chavista-768x512-768x450.

Guest Pud Whacker

Thanks Je5us.

There are always two sides to every story. I like to hear them all.

----

Faust Ficker Karb, don't forget, the lefties have just as many scare tactics as the right.

In every country.

don't worry, even though the Conservatives have robbed and are as corrupt as you can imagine, they are winning, and by a wide margin.

I don't think what upsets me more, if having these cunts again 4 years, or how effective is the fear campaing in our society :(

My mother lives in Venezuela and, like most middle class people on Caracas, is unable to buy the basic products because you just can't find them on the streets anymore, the stores just don't carry them and if you buy them though resellers they are insanely expensive.

It breaks my heart to read the messages on the WhatsApp group my family members has because it has turned into things like "A coworker is selling a pack of flour for 30.000Bs. Anyone up to buy it so we can split it?".

To give you a reference, minimum wage was raised back in May to 33.000Bs. If a venezuelan wants to turn that into dollars today it would be less than 35 dollars a month. A friend was telling me how she went to buy a 4kg pack of Purina Dog Chow and it costed her 14.000Bs. It was the cheapest. Minimum wage wouldn't let you buy three bags of food for your dog a month.

There were lots of corruption in the government before Chavez, Maduro and Co. But people could live. People could go to a shop and buy whatever they wanted / could afford and even pick.

Now you have this:

150110052713_sp_supermercado_venezuela_6

Things don't have to be like this in here in Spain but for Podemos to have anything to do with the politicians behind this is reason enough for me to support anyone else.

The situation in Venezuela is horrible, but Podemos has absolutely nothing to do. And every time that in South America there's been these situations, normally there's been a complot from the right goverment who is at the time not ruling. It happened in Chile, for example.

But yes, the sooner Maduro leaves the Government, the better.

well,PP won again,podemos got fucked big time.this country sucks.I want to be from gibraltar.

I'm moving to any country that accepts me. I can become a prostitute if it's necesary

And you shouldn't moan! Podemos won in the Basque Country! In Aragon it was PP who won! *vomits*. At least my neiborhood voted Podemos in the majority, hahahaha

I'm moving to any country that accepts me. I can become a prostitute if it's necesary

And you shouldn't moan! Podemos won in the Basque Country! In Aragon it was PP who won! *vomits*. At least my neiborhood voted Podemos in the majority, hahahaha

my neighborhood is very pp fiendly.and yes,here podemos won,but the rest of the country was important.for the basque elections they won't won

Neither can I. If Bulgaria were in a bit better situation I would move tomorrow

take me with you.I´m sad, and hurt.I really believe there´s a way for basque an other nations/regions/call it whatever you want to call it to live together with a system that we all can like and be proud of.with politicians that are good, laws that are fair...but crap, the reality is sad now, really sad.

Well Basque people and Catalonian people should realise that PP is not Spain. That millions of Spaniards voted other possibilities. I feel myself from Aragon. I don't feel connected to someone from Andalusia for example, but when these things happen I don't think Aragon would be better off being independent. It's brexit allover again