BREXIT vote aftermath

Guest Rachelle of London

I don't know her and I'm not reading press these days. Is she okay, is she any good? What's her position on this mess?

She's an idiot. She got caught out doing a secret prison deal with Saudi Arabia when she was Home Secretary. I'm not gonna judge her on that though. She MAY (pun intended) be a good prime minister. But I'm not hopeful.

She's an idiot. She got caught out doing a secret prison deal with Saudi Arabia when she was Home Secretary. I'm not gonna judge her on that though. She MAY (pun intended) be a good prime minister. But I'm not hopeful.

Don't worry all of the info will be copy and pasted for you in no time. :lol:

Guest Rachelle of London

Don't worry all of the info will be copy and pasted for you in no time. :lol:

:lmao:

Or mocking me for stating that the media are scaremongering. What would we do without the British experts eh?

I don't know her and I'm not reading press these days. Is she okay, is she any good? What's her position on this mess?

She has the longest serving home secatary for 100 years, a position that usually is the death of most mp's careers and usually ends in scandal. So it shows May is a efficient and hardworking person who seeks stability and discipline in government. :)

:lmao:

Or mocking me for stating that the media are scaremongering. What would we do without the British experts eh?

Write our own opinions? Just a thought. :chuckle:

It's ok guys, panic is OVER. Larry is staying.

Larry the cat escapes Downing Street eviction _90360881_4b517f32-5d03-4456-a777-856fea

Larry the cat is to keep his job - and home - in Downing Street after it was confirmed he would be spared eviction when David Cameron leaves on Wednesday.

The furry feline has been a familiar face on the steps outside Number 10's black door since he moved in, in 2011.

And the "chief mouser" will stay when Theresa May replaces Mr Cameron as UK prime minister.

"It's a civil servant's cat and does not belong to the Camerons - he will be staying," a government spokesman said.

The tabby cat, from London's Battersea Cats and Dogs Home, was brought in to Downing Street in 2011 tasked with tackling a rat problem, after a large black rat was seen scuttling past the No 10's front door in the background of a live TV broadcast.

Said to have a "strong predatory drive" and enjoy playing with mouse toys, Larry was considered to be well-suited to the post.

laz.jpg

Goodbye to David Cameron.

Thank you for overseeing a 54% rise in homelessness in the UK, 200,000 more UK children in poverty, tripling university tuition fees, an enormous increase in emergency food bank usage, imposing the inhumane 'bedroom tax', the ongoing privatisation of the NHS (provoking the first ever all-out doctors strike in its history), the steepest ever recorded rise in hate crimes in the country and the closure of 343 libraries. Just a small selection of his many 'achievements' as Prime Minister.

His shameful role in the destruction of Libya should also get a mention.

Now watch him begin a hugely lucrative career in the private sector on the back of all the contacts he has made

What a load of bullshit. Brexit is happening. Accept it and move on.

The level of shit being pelted at the British people in this thread disgusts me.

?

I don't think anyone was disrespectful to British people in this thread. People from the UK and other EU countries were simply saying how transparent the behaviour of those British politicians who pushed for a LEAVE vote the most was.

Transparently inconsistent that is, barely 24 hours after the result had been announced. From Johnson, to Gove, to Farage, it's like they washed their hands clean of it after they seemingly got what they had been pursuing all along

This is an issue (market instability being only a part of the problem) that also affects over 400m people in the other 27 member states so non British posters should very well be allowed to express their opinion on this. Not about British people but about British politics and the facts that false promises of more special concessions in a 43 year history of concessions were misleadingly made. See the Schengen and currency chapters.

The British political establishment for decades has wanted to mantain some of the privileges of the former Empire days (keeping the Pound was symbolic of that), with one foot in the US and one in Brussels, while at the same time reaping the benefits of unfettered single market access without wanting to have anything to do with reciprocal freedom of movement issues which for all other 27 member countries come with market participation.

Well in Cameron defence, poverty has risen in ALL European countries these past years. Nothing to do with him, more with the agenda to convert Europe in the new USA

I agree

Whether it was a left or right wing government or in which EU country little difference it made

Deregulation and corporate favourable legislation was top of the agenda for political parties of all colours

All over Europe

Guest Pud Whacker

Thank you for overseeing a 54% rise in homelessness in the UK, 200,000 more UK children in poverty, tripling university tuition fees, an enormous increase in emergency food bank usage, imposing the inhumane 'bedroom tax', the ongoing privatisation of the NHS (provoking the first ever all-out doctors strike in its history), the steepest ever recorded rise in hate crimes in the country and the closure of 343 libraries. Just a small selection of his many 'achievements' as Prime Minister.

Now watch him begin a hugely lucrative career in the private sector on the back of all the contacts he has made

So wait, are you looking forward to conservative Theresa?!!!

Guest Mauro

Great, your Farage character is coming to the Republican convention next week :rotfl:

Damnit! I wanted the Celebrity Big Brother rumor to be true.

farage-bb.jpg?w=750

Guest Rachelle of London

Hes a giant back peddling asshole. Good riddance to bad rubbish. Now we've got years of Maggie Thatcher 2.0 to look forward to.

I had expected Boris would be given that job, I can see why May did this. She had to have a leading brexiter in a high role, and someone who is known world wide. While I don't personally love Boris, he is known across the world as this relaxed, slightly 'eccentric ' character but well liked. So when we are sending him to talk with India/China etc for post eu trade deals he will be warmly received and would help Britain secure better/more trade deals.

All I can say about boris being foriegn secretary is "It's a mad, mad world" and it may have got madder with this appointment! I hope he doesn't cause a major diplomatic incident.

Mind you, Theresa May will take no nonsense from him. She reminds me of the Headmistress of a girls school - no, not St Trinians!