BREXIT vote aftermath

I had to turn the telly off yesterday laughing/crying at the 'can we re-vote?' mongs. They are at it now theres over a million signatures to do it again. I just.....

Chelle my friend Helen, you know her boyf who got her name wrong on her valentines card. Him. Hes well educated with a decent job he voted leave and told her he hadn't decided and guessed when he had the pencil in his hand. Shes dumped him.

I hope people overseas don't think we are all just bat shit cray. Weve been fed so much shit the last few months you have no idea. Mp's, newspapers all changing all the time. I don't think any fucker gave us the truth.

Brexit: European Union founding states want divorce to start 'as soon as possible'

The European Union's founding states want Britain to begin leaving the union "as soon as possible" to keep the bloc from being stranded in "limbo", crisis talks in Berlin have revealed.

The foreign ministers of the founding six member nations — Germany, France, Belgium, Italy, the Netherlands and Luxembourg — have met in Berlin to discuss how to make Britain's departure as smooth and swift as possible.

German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier, who is hosting the six original states, said they were in agreement that London must not wait to start the complex procedure of extracting itself from the bloc.

"We join together in saying that this process must begin as soon as possible so we don't end up in an extended limbo period but rather can focus on the future of Europe and the work toward it," he said.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-06-25/founding-eu-members-hold-crisis-talks-after-shock-brexit-result/7543832

And so it begins. Triggering Article 50 is a decision for the British government to make and of course it makes far more sense to start the 2 year process when a good plan is in place rather than rushing into it.

The language used by Junker is nothing short of appalling and yes it is very telling.

Let me make it clear here that i did vote Remain but unlike many mongs online and also in real life I now want to get along and move on with it. This mass hysteria is idiotic to say the least.

Guest Rachelle of London

And so it begins. Triggering Article 50 is a decision for the British government to make and of course it makes far more sense to start the 2 year process when a good plan is in place rather than rushing into it.

The language used by Junker is nothing short of appalling and yes it is very telling.

Let me make it clear here that i did vote Remain but unlike many mongs online and also in real life I now want to get along and move on with it. This mass hysteria is idiotic to say the least.

:clap:

Guest Rachelle of London

I had to turn the telly off yesterday laughing/crying at the 'can we re-vote?' mongs. They are at it now theres over a million signatures to do it again. I just.....

Chelle my friend Helen, you know her boyf who got her name wrong on her valentines card. Him. Hes well educated with a decent job he voted leave and told her he hadn't decided and guessed when he had the pencil in his hand. Shes dumped him.

Noooo way

No matter if yesterdays information was false, it is just a matter of time the City of London will be under pressure. The main reason for the existence of the City of London is the access of foreign (U.S. and Asian) financial institutions (banks, hedge funds, insurers) to the common single market that is the EU and therefore to all other 27 countries that are part of. Once the UK loses the access to the common single market those institutions will leave as well. Those institutions will move to Paris or Frankfurt to continue their business. The only chance to keep the City going is that the UK strikes a deal with the EU to keep the access to the common single market. And it has been said over and over again, the best deal the UK can expect is a deal comparable to Norways. That means the UK will pay just as much or even more money than before and will still need to comply will all the rules that come from Brussels but will have no say about those rules and decisions. I think it was the Norwegian prime minister who said that all the UK achieves with voting to leave is to loose their seat at the table.

It's interesting to see that this is your third or fourth post in this thread and you have laid out so many hard facts yet the minority of posters who display such a cartoonish monodimensional vision of history and not even a basic understanding of what international agreements mean and how they affect everybody anywhere seem to be deliberately ignoring the points and the facts you have shared. "We had an Empire. What would you know? You're not even British".

The EU is a very faulty monopoly now. It was a great exercise in democracy no doubt. Some People in Europe don't even have the luxury of having a referendum about an international treaty matter. Still to discredit and act all condescending to those that suggest that maybe, in spite of the mess of the EU system, venturing out on your own amid the current global scenario is not anything to take lightly.

Facts are facts and I see the main issue completely ignored by a few posters. The UK joined the EU in the 70s at a moment of bad economic performance, to gain access to the single market and by extension help their parent nation the US, to whom they had lost commercial and political supremacy right after WWII, keep a foot firmly in Europe.

After certain British politicians started the barbaric process of deindustrialisation during the 70s and 80s, the only thing that matters to the UK economy is the City Of London. Inside the EU. As treaties stand now with a prospective Brexit the City of London is worth nothing outside of the concessions and special treatments it received within the EU context.

And maybe demonising those who say this is not good news overall simply because they hold that opinion is bad. "They want things to fail to prove a point". Please

I am seriously thinking about moving to Scotland as a backup plan. I've started looking at flats and I may invest in a small 1-bed flat in Glasgow; it will be a good investment anyway. I'll see the situation in 2 years from now and try and sort out a job if needed. I don't want to live in a UKIP-fuelled England.

How important is the EU to UK trade?

The UK has traditionally had strong trade links with the EU. Despite changes in the composition of the global economy, the EU in 2014 accounted for 44.6% of UK exports of goods and services, and 53.2% of UK imports of goods and services.

(source)

No one is denying that but thanks for pointing out the facts.

The truth is I don't think 'Brexit' will really change much in terms of economy. There will be a period of instability but it won't be that bad.

My major worry is the polarisation of people and this disturbing resurgence of the far right in England.

May I ask if you have any knowledge of economics, especially macro economics?

When you say it's only temporary you obviously only look at the developement of the stock exchange and your currency. It will stabilize, no question about it. BUT this is not how REAL economics work. Real economics is much about investment, producing products that will be sold and bought. The first thing to happen because of this uncertainty, which will last until the UK has struck a deal with the EU about a future cooparation, until the UK has finally left. which will take at least two years, is that hardly any investments will happen in British industries that are heavily linked to the common single market. Let's talk about the most obvious example: car industry. Business is going well for car manufactures at the moment. BMW certainly wanted to expand production and widen capacities at their Mini plant. All of this has been put on hold. This is just one example but it very much reflects of what's to come for all industries. This is not scaremongering. This is how economy works. The problem is that all of this has a huge impact on the labour market. At the moment it is just that no additional jobs will be created. If this continues, a job loss is highly likely. And we are talking about well paid jobs here. Think further: production will go down, less products will be sold, profits will decrease, jobs will be lost. What does that mean for the UKs household? Less products sold -> less income from VAT, less profit for companies -> less income from earning taxes, job losses -> loss of income taxes from employees -> rise of unemployment benefits. You see the pattern? This is not scaremongering, this is how certain economic rules work out.

And don't even get me started about what's to come to Bristish farmers once and if the UK has left the EU and no subsidies from the EU will be paid to those farmers.

And about the exchange rate of the pound? Once the UK has left the EU people should pray for a weak pound as it makes your economy way more competitive simply because British goods will be cheaper on the world market than products from countries with a stronger economy. This at least guarantees that British people might keep their jobs. On the other hand, a weak pound will make all imports more expansive. French cheese and wine, German beer .... will be more expansive. And your holidays in Spain and Greece will be more expansive as well. Again all of this is not scaremongering, it's economy. And we will see what happens in about two years. Until then nothing is certain. And here I come full circle, uncertainty in never a good thing.

You don't actually expect the trolls to respond to proper economic arguments do you?

It's all so very depressing...and stupid! We are much better off as part of a unified Europe. I just pray for a second referendum or hope whoever gets next into power at 10 Downing Street halts the proceedings somehow. If it follows through and Scotland becomes independent you can be sure I will up sticks and move as some of my family are already based there.

There may even be ways for the Scottish govt to negotiate it's own deal with Europe, regardless of Independence or not; which would be ideal in the short term as the time's not quite right for another vote.

Guest Rachelle of London

The constant ramming Farage down the publics throat by the media is not helping. He was even on a show with the people from Gogglebox. The man didn't even win his seat and isn't even an MP. Baroness Warsi who was on the leave campaign even said they need to stop giving this man a voice. There was a man on sky news saying he voted UKIP because Farage sounds like a good Craic. Like WTF. This media campaign to make him come across as this fun, witty man does my head in. UKIP are a bunch of former NF/BNP thugs.

No one is denying that but thanks for pointing out the facts.

Sorry, I'm just reading many articles and I thought it was interesting to share!

I also read that the UK will have to make a deal like Norway to remain in the common market, and that means a contribution to the EU budget (not much less than what the UK paid when it was in the EU), that means also EU regulation but no word to say. I'm trying to figure out how Brexit was a good economic idea for the "leave" supporters! :wacko:

I also read that the UK will have to make a deal like Norway to remain in the common market, and that means a contribution to the EU budget (not much less than what the UK paid when it was in the EU), that means also EU regulation but no word to say.

That point has been made over and over. Once known as the 'sick man of Europe', it'll soon be the 'impotent man of Europe'. The common market was also not uppermost in people's minds when they voted for Brexit.

I hope people overseas don't think we are all just bat shit cray. Weve been fed so much shit the last few months you have no idea. Mp's, newspapers all changing all the time. I don't think any fucker gave us the truth.

Oh hon, not at all. We sympathize. Well, i should be specific and say in America, the non Trump brigade (and there are a lot of us) sympathizes. We are dealing with our own bizarre reality right now. And yes, our media is at the center of the storm too. I actually think they've done a fine job covering things, but the current issue in retrospect is their unwillingness to take Trump seriously and face him head on while he lied to the American public (which he does every day, the pathological orange cow turd that he is). So we're all in a similar boat.

I know exactly what you guys are going through and like you, we are all bracing ourselves in hopes that it doesn't get worse. We are with you! Lol

It's interesting to see that this is your third or fourth post in this thread and you have laid out so many hard facts yet the minority of posters who display such a cartoonish monodimensional vision of history and not even a basic understanding of what international agreements mean and how they affect everybody anywhere seem to be deliberately ignoring the points and the facts you have shared. "We had an Empire. What would you know? You're not even British".

The EU is a very faulty monopoly now. It was a great exercise in democracy no doubt. Some People in Europe don't even have the luxury of having a referendum about an international treaty matter. Still to discredit and act all condescending to those that suggest that maybe, in spite of the mess of the EU system, venturing out on your own amid the current global scenario is not anything to take lightly.

Facts are facts and I see the main issue completely ignored by a few posters. The UK joined the EU in the 70s at a moment of bad economic performance, to gain access to the single market and by extension help their parent nation the US, to whom they had lost commercial and political supremacy right after WWII, keep a foot firmly in Europe.

After certain British politicians started the barbaric process of deindustrialisation during the 70s and 80s, the only thing that matters to the UK economy is the City Of London. Inside the EU. As treaties stand now with a prospective Brexit the City of London is worth nothing outside of the concessions and special treatments it received within the EU context.

And maybe demonising those who say this is not good news overall simply because they hold that opinion is bad. "They want things to fail to prove a point". Please

Wow great post

Sorry, I'm just reading many articles and I thought it was interesting to share!

I also read that the UK will have to make a deal like Norway to remain in the common market, and that means a contribution to the EU budget (not much less than what the UK paid when it was in the EU), that means also EU regulation but no word to say. I'm trying to figure out how Brexit was a good economic idea for the "leave" supporters! :wacko:

Unless USA pressures A LOT the EU, no way is UK going to have such a great agreement. If UK has it the easy way Netherlands and Denmark will vote leave too, and no wonder.

At about 1 a.m. Eastern time, about eight hours after the polls closed, Google reported that searches for "what happens if we leave the EU" had more than tripled.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2016/06/24/the-british-are-frantically-googling-what-the-eu-is-hours-after-voting-to-leave-it/

tumblr_mdkdf4pj051r8iw3x.gif

I am seriously thinking about moving to Scotland as a backup plan. I've started looking at flats and I may invest in a small 1-bed flat in Glasgow; it will be a good investment anyway. I'll see the situation in 2 years from now and try and sort out a job if needed. I don't want to live in a UKIP-fuelled England.

Why not come 2 the lion's den & set up a posh practise in the heart of Sablon or Avenue Molière or Louise in Bruxelles,

Expats will flock 2 spend money on their teeth & gums...plus we have a gorgeous huge Waterstones & Marks & Spencer

waiting 4 you...with all your tea and biscuits & other British delights...Kim could fly in from time 2 time (seeing as

his passport is still useful here) & we could have wonderful Sex and the City-esque lunches, discussing how we are

so immune 2 the economic crisis and maybe giggle when someone makes a funny about Putin's geopolitics...

elsene-i-moli-relaan002-varimg-700.jpg

marks-spencer.jpg

Sounds fabulous! Let's do it! :wow:

In other news, the QUEEN OF EUROPEAN LIFE has spoken! :wow:

German Chancellor Angela Merkel has said the European Union has "no need to be particularly nasty in any way" in the negotiations with Britain about its exit from the bloc.

She insisted that deterring other countries from leaving the EU should not be a priority in the talks.

And she added she was not in favour of pushing for a speedy withdrawal.

Britain narrowly voted to end its membership in a historic referendum last Thursday.

Mrs Merkel was speaking after several EU foreign ministers - including Germany's - had urged Britain to quickly implement its exit.

"It shouldn't take forever, that's right, but I would not fight for a short timeframe," she said.

She added that she was seeking an "objective, good" climate in the talks with Britain, which "must be conducted properly".

May I ask if you have any knowledge of economics, especially macro economics?

When you say it's only temporary you obviously only look at the developement of the stock exchange and your currency. It will stabilize, no question about it. BUT this is not how REAL economics work. Real economics is much about investment, producing products that will be sold and bought. The first thing to happen because of this uncertainty, which will last until the UK has struck a deal with the EU about a future cooparation, until the UK has finally left. which will take at least two years, is that hardly any investments will happen in British industries that are heavily linked to the common single market. Let's talk about the most obvious example: car industry. Business is going well for car manufactures at the moment. BMW certainly wanted to expand production and widen capacities at their Mini plant. All of this has been put on hold. This is just one example but it very much reflects of what's to come for all industries. This is not scaremongering. This is how economy works. The problem is that all of this has a huge impact on the labour market. At the moment it is just that no additional jobs will be created. If this continues, a job loss is highly likely. And we are talking about well paid jobs here. Think further: production will go down, less products will be sold, profits will decrease, jobs will be lost. What does that mean for the UKs household? Less products sold -> less income from VAT, less profit for companies -> less income from earning taxes, job losses -> loss of income taxes from employees -> rise of unemployment benefits. You see the pattern? This is not scaremongering, this is how certain economic rules work out.

And don't even get me started about what's to come to Bristish farmers once and if the UK has left the EU and no subsidies from the EU will be paid to those farmers.

And about the exchange rate of the pound? Once the UK has left the EU people should pray for a weak pound as it makes your economy way more competitive simply because British goods will be cheaper on the world market than products from countries with a stronger economy. This at least guarantees that British people might keep their jobs. On the other hand, a weak pound will make all imports more expansive. French cheese and wine, German beer .... will be more expansive. And your holidays in Spain and Greece will be more expansive as well. Again all of this is not scaremongering, it's economy. And we will see what happens in about two years. Until then nothing is certain. And here I come full circle, uncertainty in never a good thing.

Seeing the pound dip that low would really be something. I have enough trust in our economy to do what is best.

I'm glad you mentioned BMW. Let's take a walk down memory lane.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2009/feb/16/bmw-mini-job-cuts

What did the EU do then? I won't hold my breath for an answer.

How about BHS? Let's be real...these market changes come from technological growth. Do you know how much Google is putting into AI development? I wonder why...people don't live or shop as they used to. These changes can't be blamed on leaving the EU.

Worse is that the second most searched was "what is the EU" hahaha

1) These could be minors searching to find out wtf all the shit on fb means.

2) Google SUGGESTS search results and usually they are trend driven. Sometimes I click on the suggested link for expediency.

3) People might be looking for finer details to understand particular events in more detail.

4) If people are uneducated and are trying to improve their understanding/knowledge I think it's a good thing.

5) I don't find this embarrassing. I find the press using it to try to embarrass complete strangers (could be children for fuck sake) completely incredulous.

PEOPLE NEED TO STOP SAYING THEIR MINDS ARE OPEN. WHY LIE? SCHADENFREUDE TO THE MAX.