Britain votes in favor for Brexit

XXL

Shocking.... a majority of the young people (18-25) voted to stay in the EU (75%), the mature people (25-49) 56%.

The elderly voted to leave the EU: 50-65 56% to leave EU, 65+ 67% to leave!

Does this mean that the stubborn old country-people just ruined the future for their kids?

Sorry to say, but I hope Great Britain will fail so hard on their own.... why the hell do they think they are better than the rest? Ugh! I'm so mad all day already!

I honestly don't know how you come to that conclusion.

Shocking.... a majority of the young people (18-25) voted to stay in the EU (75%), the mature people (25-49) 56%.

The elderly voted to leave the EU: 50-65 56% to leave EU, 65+ 67% to leave!

Does this mean that the stubborn old country-people just ruined the future for their kids?

Is that surprising ?

Vladimir Putin questions David Cameron's decision to hold Brexit referendum

Russian President Vladimir Putin said he does not understand why British Prime Minister David Cameron has decided to hold a referendum on whether Britain should leave or remain in the European Union (EU).

1448657052-9062.jpg

In an interview in St. Petersburg on Friday, Putin questioned Cameron's purpose in calling the 'Brexit' vote, due to be held on June 23, Efe news reported.

"Why did he put this voting process into motion? Why did he do it? To blackmail Europe again? To frighten somebody? What purpose did he have if he was against leaving the EU?" Putin asked rhetorically.

He said Brexit "is not our affair" and expressed his wish that British voters will be "well-informed and understand the consequences" of a possible EU exit as they cast their vote.

Putin said while some people tended to blame Russia for everything, his country bore no responsibility for Britain's decision to hold the referendum.

He also noted that Russia had made significant progress in modernising its nuclear arsenal.

"I can assure you that we have achieved important advances."

He said it would only be possible for Russia to "preserve the strategic balance in the world" by modernising and developing its nuclear weapons.

As to whether Russia favours Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump to triumph in the US presidential contest, Putin said Moscow would work with whoever won the November election.

"Regardless of the election rhetoric, we will judge by the deeds, not words, of the new US president, and will seek ways to normalise ties and advance our cooperation in economy and international security," he said.

When did I say u said it :rotfl:

I made a post about people mistakenly talking about "the UK and Europe" and pointed it out and you corrected me on it. The UK is in Europe, it's not on the moon. It's like when they announce tour dates: UK and European dates ... It means nothing. They should announce the European leg/dates. Anyway, yes I am European .... ok ... end of this discussion within the discussion

The discussion should be the UK vs the EU

Not the UK vs Europe

Nonsense

I don't think it should be versus at all. Reveals a lot about your mindset on the situation though. I'd prefer to think that the UK and the EU can exist harmoniously.

What a sad day!

I know that the EU is not perfect and should be changed, but leaving is an extreme decision. The EU was created after WWII for peace and unity, and now, well... I've always felt close to the UK (same for Germany, Spain, Italy...) because of this great union and its ideal and common history, and now it's all over.

:manson:

David has put his resignation in but he's not going for three months yet.

That E.U. LEAVE QUICK OR it will be deemed uncertain seems like a bit of a way around this... I wouldn't be surprised if they took this and said we took too long to decide on things so this referendum is null and void. Can they do something like that? :o

I can't help but feel like a sad old fart

sitting on a bench somewhere...

I have this urge 2 tell young people

that the world has gone 2 shit.

I remember when the Wall came down in Berlin,

I was 9.

Britain just dug its grave, Trump is in the White house,

There's miltitary forces in my city everywhere...& Putin owns Russia.

The idea that a war in Western Europe could b possible in my life time,

it doesn't seem so far fetched anymore..

LIKE WTF!?

Sad but true. :-(

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36615879

EU referendum: Brexit sparks calls for other EU votes

_90080704_033555539-1.jpg
The UK's vote to leave the EU has sparked demands from far-right parties for referendums in other member states. France's National Front leader Marine Le Pen said the French must now also have the right to choose. Dutch anti-immigration politician Geert Wilders said the Netherlands deserved a "Nexit" vote while Italy's Northern League said: "Now it's our turn".
The UK voted by 52% to 48% to leave the EU after 43 years. David Cameron has announced he will step down as PM. Global stock markets fell heavily on the news and the value of the pound has also fallen dramatically. The European parliament has called a special session for next Tuesday. Analysts say EU politicians will fear a domino effect from Brexit that could threaten the whole organisation.
Ms Le Pen hailed the UK vote, placing a union jack flag on her Twitter page and tweeting: "Victory for freedom. As I've been saying for years, we must now have the same referendum in France and other EU countries." She is the front-runner among candidates for the presidential election in 2017 but opinion polls suggest she would lose a run-off vote.
Cattura980_zps7txhwc4q.jpg
Cattura_zps309drgnn.jpg

The most likely new PM

2701380.main_image.jpg

Boris-Johnson-348x256.jpg

Boris-Johnson-with-EU-UK-Flags.jpg

He will make a great team with Trump to lead the world to the Apocalypse :lmao:

Guest Mauro

The UK's vote to leave the EU has sparked demands from far-right parties for referendums in other member states. France's National Front leader Marine Le Pen said the French must now also have the right to choose. Dutch anti-immigration politician Geert Wilders said the Netherlands deserved a "Nexit" vote while Italy's Northern League said: "Now it's our turn".
The UK voted by 52% to 48% to leave the EU after 43 years. David Cameron has announced he will step down as PM. Global stock markets fell heavily on the news and the value of the pound has also fallen dramatically. The European parliament has called a special session for next Tuesday. Analysts say EU politicians will fear a domino effect from Brexit that could threaten the whole organisation.
Ms Le Pen hailed the UK vote, placing a union jack flag on her Twitter page and tweeting: "Victory for freedom. As I've been saying for years, we must now have the same referendum in France and other EU countries." She is the front-runner among candidates for the presidential election in 2017 but opinion polls suggest she would lose a run-off vote.
Cattura_zps309drgnn.jpg

62203778.jpg

Guest Mauro

He will make a great team with Trump to lead the world to the Apocalypse :lmao:

They hate each other... well, Boris hates him.

The press already bringing up the possibility of a 2nd referendum or nah?

Nigel Farage previously said he would want a second referendum if Remain won by a narrow margin.

This morning we woke to the news that the UK had voted to leave the European Union .

And it wasn't exactly a landslide.

The Leave campaign emerged victorious after 51.89% of voters chose to get out of the EU - compared with 48.11% who wanted to remain.

But one of the figureheads of 'Brexiteers', Ukip leader Nigel Farage, previously told the Mirror that he would want a second referendum if the result was so close.

He even called it 'unfinished business'.

Farage told the Mirror: “In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way. If the remain campaign win two-thirds to one-third that ends it.”

So now the result has been announced and it's even closer than his prediction, will he still be calling for a second referendum?

Well, given that he's been celebrating the victory on television this morning, our guess is no.

In fact, he went the other way and called for June 23 to become "our independence day".

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/nigel-farage-previously-said-would-8273721

Could the public demand such a thing if it got enough signatures on a petition? Or is a democratic vote a democratic vote?

62203778.jpg

Well this vote seals the deal for having more and more of people like her. Keep the immigrants out (while the banking system that is allowed by our elected politicians to rip Europeans and Americans taxpayers off is also financing wars and bloodboaths that displace those same immigrants to begin with).

Australia has some of the strictest immigration laws in the world.

Erm, Australia with a population of 24 million and takes around 200,000 migrants pa. We have the growth rate of a third world country. It is insane.

Take a look at Japan if you want to see a strict migration system.

Great. Just great.

Cattura_zps309drgnn.jpg

Great. Just great.

Sorry to say, but I hope Great Britain will fail so hard on their own.... why the hell do they think they are better than the rest? Ugh! I'm so mad all day already!

You're disgusting.

Wall Street Journal's snapshot of the continent at the moment

Four Forces Shaping the Future of Europe

The United Kingdom has become the first country to vote to leave the modern European Union, but the debate over Europe and the Union is far from over. WSJ's Niki Blasina explains four forces that will determine the future of the EU