Britain votes in favor for Brexit

XXL

Its not the end of the world. Switzerland and Norway are also not in EU and everything is fine

It's a very different scenario. They never got in to begin with. The UK has been a member of the EU for 43 years. It has bound to have significant consequences for the UK and the EU project as a whole. Not to mention that the growing extremism, populism, racism and general intolerance disguised as euroscepticism in France, Italy and other parts of Europe will have a field day with this outcome

I can't help but feel like a sad old fart

sitting on a bench somewhere...

I have this urge 2 tell young people

that the world has gone 2 shit.

I remember when the Wall came down in Berlin,

I was 9.

Britain just dug its grave, Trump is in the White house,

There's miltitary forces in my city everywhere...& Putin owns Russia.

The idea that a war in Western Europe could b possible in my life time,

it doesn't seem so far fetched anymore..

LIKE WTF!?

LOL why was Chelle targeted? Is it cos she's black?

No it's cause she British, a little islander all on her own doing nothing but sinking in miniscule pound coins :(.

Definitely misinterpreted, hopefully I have made myself clear on that :thumbsup:

I am left cold only to some people arrogance tbh, that any European nationality or any nationality in the world as a whole could suffer as a result of this misplaced judgement is no sneering game.

:) :)

I really want to know what other E.U. people think Are they looking at us like were mad or do they wish that they would have the courage to take a risk? It's too early to tell obviously.

Have you guys watched this?

What really irks me is the poor service media is doing. This world is so complicated and media could help people understand. But most of them are poring shit. I just heard in Spanish radio some worries about what will happen to the eurotunnel. Like WTF?? Are they stupid???

I was 9.

LIKE WTF!?

I'm with you, but don't let them put fear in our lives. Fear is what is destroying the world for decades, controlling population.

I'm with you, but don't let them put fear in our lives. Fear is what is destroying the world for decades, controlling population.

I'm with you...

Somebody tell Trump to STFU, has has no say here...Fucking clown.

What really irks me is the poor service media is doing. This world is so complicated and media could help people understand. But most of them are poring shit. I just heard in Spanish radio some worries about what will happen to the eurotunnel. Like WTF?? Are they stupid???

The media are doing a nasty job for some time now. Here in France we have weekly front covers of news magazines blaming migrants and immigration for everything It plants seeds in the public opinion minds in the long run. By doing this we just avoid looking at the real problems and culprits who are impacting people's everyday lives with consequences like Brexit and the high possibility the far right wing to win presidential elections in major countries.

I've never said "the UK and Europe" in a sentence. I've always said the UK and the EU. I haven't seen anyone else say the UK and Europe either, so I don't know who you're talking to.

In terms of values and identity, the UK and each other European country absolutely don't have the same. That's the entire problem with the EU! Each country identifies themselves as British first and European second. Are you sure you're actually European?

It goes without saying that geographically, the UK will remain a nation part of the European continent, but to say there will be no political and economic consequences because of the location factor is foolish.

When did I say u said it :rotfl:

I made a post about people mistakenly talking about "the UK and Europe" and pointed it out and you corrected me on it. The UK is in Europe, it's not on the moon. It's like when they announce tour dates: UK and European dates ... It means nothing. They should announce the European leg/dates. Anyway, yes I am European .... ok ... end of this discussion within the discussion

The discussion should be the UK vs the EU

Not the UK vs Europe

Nonsense

It's being linked the rising of populism: Trump, Leave, Le Penn. Focusing in fear of immigrants, refugees, trying to convince that people are poorer now because of them and that terrorism comes from foreigners.

Why do people assume a leave vote equates to support for Trump?

It's too soon to tell how this will influence our elections. I wouldn't equate the two just yet. Trump's rhetoric is making waves for all the wrong reasons right now, at least stateside. Just cuz you make news doesn't mean people want to buy what you're selling. As Madonna fans we should know that ALL TOO WELL.

If this causes significant economic downturn on US shores, then yes, that could help Trump - but it could also weaken him. He's displayed his incompetence so many times and Clinton is very happy to surgically disembowel him everytime he says something stupid.

So let's just wait. I can tell you that Trump is pure celebrity before he is a politican - and we all know what happens to celebrities under pressure and scrutiny, they unravel. He's already showing signs of buckling. Let's see if he holds himself together. It could take one big exposè in major US publication to negate his entire campaign. There are so many journalists out there out for blood. He's made a major enemy in the press by blocking them from free reporting... Not a good move. Now they're ready to fuck him up.

I was 9.

LIKE WTF!?

So sad indeed

NATO just held the biggest military exercise in Poland since the end of the Cold War

Ukraine is being used as an excuse to

Scary times

Honest question but who votes on the laws passed by the EU that all EU nations abide by?

The European Commission legislates the EEA, but non-EU EEA countries don't have representation. So basically to access the single market, you are forced to accept Schengen (which the UK never had to previously) and also lose any political and economic power in writing those rules in exchange for retaining a single currency (which the UK also enjoyed previously).

Basically this vote achieved them no independence of any kind. If anything, they are more dependent on the mercy of the remaining unified EU than ever.

The media are doing a nasty job for some time now. Here in France we have weekly front covers of news magazines blaming migrants and immigration for everything It plants seeds in the public opinion minds in the long run. By doing this we just avoid looking at the real problems and culprits who are impacting people's everyday lives with consequences like Brexit and the high possibility the far right wing to win presidential elections in major countries.

Cuz people in my profession aren't supposed 2 b 'qualified' anymore, & those who r, r not being payed correctly.

& Cuz major corporations r only interested in catchy clickbait shit that fancy people use on their app 4 their digital subscription.

I'm so tired of these '5 Things U Need 2 Know About....*insert cunt word here*'-articles

on newspaper sites, that then make the rounds all over the internet... :rolleyes:

It's being linked the rising of populism: Trump, Leave, Le Penn. Focusing in fear of immigrants, refugees, trying to convince that people are poorer now because of them and that terrorism comes from foreigners.

:thumbsup:

Isn't ironic? It's a disgusting joke really.. Yes go on and build more walls. What's happened from 2008 onwards, the banks and all that, who did that? Surely not people escaping from the Middle East because of the bombs paid by that same banking elite?

The European Commission legislates the EEA, but non-EU EEA countries don't have representation. So basically to access the single market, you are forced to accept Schengen (which the UK never had to previously) and also lose any political and economic power in writing those rules in exchange for retaining a single currency (which the UK also enjoyed previously).

Basically this vote achieved them no independence of any kind. If anything, they are more dependent on the mercy of the remaining unified EU than ever.

Ironi....ca.

No I mean who actually votes? Like if a new law is put forward who actually votes if it passes or not? Does every citizen in the EU have the opportunity to vote for it?

Indeed.

People got bored from stability, I guess.

It's too soon to tell how this will influence our elections. I wouldn't equate the two just yet. Trump's rhetoric is making waves for all the wrong reasons right now, at least stateside. Just cuz you make news doesn't mean people want to buy what you're selling. As Madonna fans we should know that ALL TOO WELL.

If this causes significant economic downturn on US shores, then yes, that could help Trump - but it could also weaken him. He's displayed his incompetence so many times and Clinton is very happy to surgically disembowel him everytime he says something stupid.

So let's just wait. I can tell you that Trump is pure celebrity before he is a politican - and we all know what happens to celebrities under pressure and scrutiny, they unravel. He's already showing signs of buckling. Let's see if he holds himself together. It could take one big exposè in major US publication to negate his entire campaign. There are so many journalists out there out for blood. He's made a major enemy in the press by blocking them from free reporting... Not a good move. Now they're ready to fuck him up.

As a Non-EU and a Non-American the only thing I can say is that nearly everyone I know is opposed to Trump whereas the Brexit was treated with ambivalence. I think the majority of people are united in that he would be a horrible President.

No I mean who actually votes? Like if a new law is put forward who actually votes if it passes or not? Does every citizen in the EU have the opportunity to vote for it?

The European Parliament votes on legislation proposed by the European Commission. The Parliament is comprised of representatives (members) from EU member countries. Every citizen doesn't vote for every piece of law directly, just like in the US your Senator and House of Representatives members are supposed to show up to vote for you.

You already know the answer to that.

Does every citizen of any country or parliament "vote" for every piece of legislation?

Bait, bait bait.