Britain votes in favor for Brexit

XXL

You mean politicians lie?

Yep.

What's going on here now ? We are booting the brits out of Mnation ? Calm down everybody, it's just an internet discussion. It's just opinions.

Has Gaga instagrammed about it already ? Crying; rolled up in a union jack flag ?

I don't get why Black Madonna was banned? Did I miss something :o

Don't put words into my mouth, I don't want to see anyone suffer. If you have read my posts in this thread, I have said we're all affected by this, not just British citizens. I have simply noticed there is a lot of condescension to other nationalities that are not British or American for that matter

This thread is partly an exemplification of that, luckily there are many British and American people who do not have such a tedious small mentality. I think saying to other countries "what do you know" is far colder than any coldness you may have detected in my post.

And while standing on the brink of a potential precipice, to top it all off

I put a question mark after my sentence, which is pretty much me questioning what these phrases actually mean.

Seeing things in this thread about how people will reap what they sew, as if the British people are a cold hearted bunch of racists and now were gonna pay for it. Might not be what you guys mean or say but it's a tone that I get from these comments honestly, so I'm glad you cleared it up that it's not what you meant. Sorry for misinterpreting.

----

Another person who says that other E.U. countries might see Britain's exit and want their own chance at a referendum.

Equally shocking to read how unbelievebly ignorant and uneducated people on here are. I haven't read the entire thread but I'm truly shocked that people seemingly get their info from tabloids or blogs and have no clue about the EU at all. Issues like EU legislation, the eurozone, the single market etc. are discussed with such confidence & smugness only making it painfully obvious how clueless and uninformed people are. :manson:

This is the most disgusting thread we've ever had. Serious issues that affect your everyday life being laughed off, people showing off their ignorance as if it's something to be proud of... But yeah, 'hotdogs and pies'.

It's scary actually, and exactly WHY we've had this terrible result. Willful ignorance.

Of course the UK will now leave the EU. It will be a gradual process but it will happen. That they'll actually enjoy the luxury of choosing for themselves is highly unlikely. Norway is out of the EU but has to comply with Brussels directives just as any other EU member country has.

This is it. Any actual power or influence is now gone while some kind of deal is still hammered out, probably EEA membership...which yep, still means free movement and immigration in order to access the single market. Pointless.

Wait if British (and world economy) will suffer due to a Brexit why would the people who have the most invested in the financial markets support the "leave"?

Because to finance the public services and the system without raising taxes for the rich, the UK will have no other choice than to sell the public services to private companies. Investors see this as a big cake they are going to share without any EU regulation. Of course the poor will be impacted more.

Globalisation for better or worse? Are you kidding me? Look what France did to Africa not too long ago. If you believe in that truly then I suggest ypu give up fifty percent of your income for Africa. Some people talk the talk but how many of us walk the walk?

First of all, funny you talk about walking the walk and you didn't even bother to vote when you had the opportunity, but you're here to lecture other posters about the importance of leaving the EU. Anyway ...

What are you talking about? Did you even read what I wrote? I am saying that left wing and right wing politicians alike have been pushing the globalisation agenda for four decades now. That is the reason we have cheap goods made in China the fruit of a slave system flooding the world

And the reason most people have insufficent salaries to face the cost of life in the Western world in spite of having a solid education, certainly in places like London, Paris, New York etc. Middle classes are being decimated because of a manufactured banking crisis

So my point about the effects of globalisation by that "for better or worse" phrase, economically, is that we're all better off sticking together rather than thinking that a country with no real substantial economy has any chance of standing on its own, within the current scenario, of all times

Even more so in light of the fact that other countries that are part of the European continent, like the UK is, have to abide by EU regulations and impositions, regardless of a EU membership or otherwise (by the way dumbfounded by how many people in this thread cannot distinguish between Europe the continent and the EU, the political body, the UK is a pulsating part of Europe historically and geographically, on top of being a EU member, till yesterday)

Even more so in light of the fact that other countries that are part of the European continent, like the UK is, have to abide by EU regulations and impositions, regardless (by the way dumbfounded by how many people in this thread cannot distinguish between Europe the continent and the EU, the political body, the UK is a pulsating part of Europe historically and geographically)

Europe the continent has NOTHING to do with the EU, the political body, or the EEA, the free trade agreement that requires legally binding membership. One is simply geography, and regardless of "history" has nothing to do with the political and economic repercussions we're discussing. That's why your particular distinction has no relevance.

A sad day for Europe. Dark times have been coming to Europe and obviously continue. I don't see how Uk would benefit by making EU weaker. If u are not happy be part of the change process. It would be interesting what kind of a deal both sides negotiate. Well nothing good awaits us. Australia or New Zealand?

Because to finance the public services and the system without raising taxes for the rich, the UK will have no other choice than to sell the public services to private companies. Investors see this as a big cake they are going to share without any EU regulation. Of course the poor will be impacted more.

I see your point. Similar to say what has happened in Russia?

Norway is not in the EU, but it is still part of the European Economic Area (EEA). Switzerland is different because it's always been neutral, and it has bilateral trade agreements with the EU. Both countries fall under Schengen.

Never getting married is entirely different from saying hey, I want a divorce! The political goodwill is going to be entirely different towards the UK.

This. Norway and Switzerland were never part of the EU so they're situation is completely different.

Seeing things in this thread about how people will reap what they sew, as if the British people are a cold hearted bunch of racists and now were gonna pay for it. Might not be what you guys mean or say but it's a tone that I get from these comments honestly, so I'm glad you cleared it up that it's not what you meant. Sorry for misinterpreting.

Definitely misinterpreted, hopefully I have made myself clear on that :thumbsup:

I am left cold only to some people arrogance tbh, that any European nationality or any nationality in the world as a whole could suffer as a result of this misplaced judgement is no sneering game.

Could the UK leaving the EU be a good thing for the rest of the Europe though? Can it be an incentive for other nations to develop industries that have not been economical previously (due to UK competition) which would help generate jobs and income etc?

Europe the continent has NOTHING to do with the EU, the political body, or the EEA, the free trade agreement that requires legally binding membership. One is simply geography, and regardless of "history" has nothing to do with the political and economic repercussions we're discussing. That's why your particular distinction has no relevance.

And what did I say???? :blink:

In terms of linguistics alone saying the UK and Europe in a sentence is wrong, as if they were two different entities. One is a subcategory of the other, because one is a nation and the other a continent. The UK and the EU is acceptable. I am saying that some people talk of the UK as if it was not part of the European continent. Geographically, historically and in terms of values and identity

Which is a joke of a statement of course. The UK is and will remain a nation part of the European continent, whether in the EU or not. It's like saying Mexico or Canada are not part of the American continent

I see your point. Similar to say what has happened in Russia?

It's already happening in Greece and they tried to do it with Spain five years ago but couldn't because we didn't have a bail out.

It happened to all the communist countries. Countries like Bulgaria, which was rich prior 1989 now it's a wasteland. As XXL said, this was manufactured for decades.

It can happen in or out the EU.

Guest Rachelle of London

This is the most disgusting thread we've ever had. Serious issues that affect your everyday life being laughed off, people showing off their ignorance as if it's something to be proud of... But yeah, 'hotdogs and pies'.

Aime you get my humour, I ALWAYS joke about food! I'm sorry for making a bloody joke.

No please, the beautiful Black Madonna is just too smart to leave this forum.I love reading her posts. I vote for Remain.

I've often had disagreements with her (and many others) over politics and race etc but I appreciate her input and I don't find her offensive at all. Perhaps we need to start using triggering warnings before everything we post?

Could the UK leaving the EU be a good thing for the rest of the Europe though? Can it be an incentive for other nations to develop industries that have not been economical previously (due to UK competition) which would help generate jobs and income etc?

No. UK is not competition. Slave work from China is.

Guest Rachelle of London

My posts are ripped apart but its okay to label people as racists. People really think I was serious because I wanted to celebrate with food. Seriously? I always joke about food especially american food.

Guest Rachelle of London

I've often had disagreements with her (and many others) over politics and race etc but I appreciate her input and I don't find her offensive at all. Perhaps we need to start using triggering warnings before everything we post?

No you can insult, berate and degrade every other member as long as you agree with a moderator. This is a madonna forum, I had no clue I joined Taylor Swift.com

No. UK is not competition. Slave work from China is.

Early on in this thread someone mentioned that the UK receives EU concessions which makes them more competitive across Europe. They said if they were to leave the EU then they would lose this benefit.

My posts are ripped apart but its okay to label people as racists. People really think I was serious because I wanted to celebrate with food. Seriously? I always joke about food especially american food.

I love your british humour, dont go anywhere.

Briish humour is not so easy to understand, so dont be surprised by negative reactions towards you

And what did I say???? :blink:

In terms of linguistics alone saying the UK and Europe in a sentence is wrong, as if they were two different entities. One is a subcategory of the other, because one is a nation and the other a continent. The UK and the EU is acceptable. I am saying that some people talk of the UK as if it was not part of the European continent. Geographically, historically and in terms of values and identity

Which is a joke of a statement of course. The UK is and will remain a nation part of the European continent, whether in the EU or not. It's like saying Mexico or Canada are not part of the American continent

I've never said "the UK and Europe" in a sentence. I've always said the UK and the EU. I haven't seen anyone else say the UK and Europe either, so I don't know who you're talking to.

In terms of values and identity, the UK and each other European country absolutely don't have the same. That's the entire problem with the EU! Each country identifies themselves as British first and European second. Are you sure you're actually European?

It goes without saying that geographically, the UK will remain a nation part of the European continent, but to say there will be no political and economic consequences because of the location factor is foolish.