Britain votes in favor for Brexit

XXL

The irony of Kim of all people claiming people complain about me. What a joke! Have your bloody forum! It's all you've got. Choke on it

You two are a right pair of bitches. Kim is one of the most outspoken people on this forum. You're both decent people though so let us not go down that route.

No, Donald Trump wants to build a wall.

Yes, and this is an important distinction - he's got his little brigade of ignorant supporters masturbating to his rhetoric, but it's not polling very well. The Brexit thing - from what I understand, was not as vulgar or as embarrassing of a debate. I think the more controversial issues of immigration are being debated in a far more poisonous and vulgar fashion stateside - by Trump himself of course. That does not seem to be the case in Britain.

In the USA we have a candidate who has laid out his bigotry for everyone to see and he's facing a juggernaut of pushback. What you guys are going through over there has no such spear point - thus making it a far more blurry, complex debate. Perhaps that's why the results were so close and why it was able to easily teeter into one direction.

Strange that two pf Madonna's fave fans have been voted out of the MU.

What did she say about me? Oh 'Truthful, raw, authentic' and that I should write for the president. Oh and she married you and dedicated a performance to you. We can cling onto those joys. #lonelyisland #muvote

Next time Joan collins wants to spend time in Nice i wish she'll be stuck in immigration for 14 hours and sent back.

It's terrible news. I don't know how the UK will cope. They can't raise taxes for the rich otherwise they will leave so they can only sale public servicesto private companies (which is already happening) with bad consequences. They are gonna make big cuts on the NHS. Poor people will be affected more.

Strange that two pf Madonna's fave fans have been voted out of the MU.

What did she say about me? Oh 'Truthful, raw, authentic' and that I should write for the president. Oh and she married you and dedicated a performance to you. We can cling onto those joys. #lonelyisland #muvote

? :rotfl:

Who is on valium here again?

Before everyone has a meltdown .....

There is an incredible theory (loophole*) that a Brexit won't actually happen even if the public votes for it.

A really crucial detail about the upcoming EU referendum has gone virtually unmentioned and it is probably the most crucial detail: Parliament doesn't actually have to bring Britain out of the EU if the public votes for it.

That is because the result of June 23 referendum on Britain's EU membership is not legally binding. Instead, it is merely advisory, and, in theory, could be totally ignored by UK government.

This incredible detail is explained in a new blog post by Financial Times columnist and legal expert David Allen Green.

Green says that no legal provision was included in the EU referendum legislation that requires UK Parliament to act in accordance with the outcome of the referendum.

This is unlike the last referendum held across Britain, the Alternative Vote referendum held in 2011, where the outcome had a legal trigger and had to be acted on by the government of the time.

Instead, what will happen next if the public votes for a Brexit will be purely a matter of parliamentary politics.

http://blogs.ft.com/david-allen-green/2016/06/14/can-the-united-kingdom-government-legally-disregard-a-vote-for-brexit/

http://www.businessinsider.de/green-eu-referendum-not-legally-binding-brexit-2016-6?r=UK&IR=T

http://europe.newsweek.com/brexit-bilderberg-group-philip-hollobone-barack-obama-eu-436623?rm=eu

Why are people making immigration to be a British issue as well? Look at Europe at a whole. All of the anti immigration parties are gaining momentum. As liberal and "together" we want to pretend the world is, it is NOT. You have the worlds biggest power house wanting to build a wall to separate people. But the Brits are anti immigrants?

But precisely those parties anti-immigration are the ones supporting Leave in their countries.

Yep. You see that overwhelmingly here too with Trump voters.

Every time there's big problems and terror induced, the results are blind racism and hate for different people and religion.

I remember crossing over from Ireland to Northern Ireland with my parents when I was young.... There were armed guards that had us stop and they searched our car-- all went well, of course, but it's not a pleasant, stress-free environment, am sad to think this might become a regluar thing now that we were forced to leave

Maybe it had to do with terrorism.

Now you can travel to Norway and it's as easy as going to any non Schengen country

That would not end well though. At all.

But that would be antidemocratic and blatantly wrong. Democracy means accepting decisions, not only what some want

This. Besides, confidence has already been lost. The EU is irreparably fractured because of this. The UK won't be able to have its cake and eat it too (all the power and flexibility while following none of the rules).

Shocking and saddening news. :(

I didn't think it would actually come to this.

Equally shocking to read how unbelievebly ignorant and uneducated people on here are. I haven't read the entire thread but I'm truly shocked that people seemingly get their info from tabloids or blogs and have no clue about the EU at all. Issues like EU legislation, the eurozone, the single market etc. are discussed with such confidence & smugness only making it painfully obvious how clueless and uninformed people are. :manson:

Thanks to Kim, rebelvv and a few others for speaking some sense. I'm out of here or I'll post something I'll regret

Why are people making immigration to be a British issue as well? Look at Europe at a whole. All of the anti immigration parties are gaining momentum. As liberal and "together" we want to pretend the world is, it is NOT. You have the worlds biggest power house wanting to build a wall to separate people. But the Brits are anti immigrants?

Exactly but since the uk allowed this referendum people who always been anti immigrants for a reason or another they voted Leave just on that principle alone. Shouldn't all the west tackle the immigration issue altogether? This referendum just shows the people mentality that says "we don't want anymore immigrants or refugees you Europe or rest of the world deal with it!" It's completely unacceptable!

Of course the UK will now leave the EU. It will be a gradual process but it will happen. That they'll actually enjoy the luxury of choosing for themselves is highly unlikely. Norway is out of the EU but has to comply with Brussels directives just as any other EU member country has. Another scenario is other countries pulling out and the whole EU project coming apart at the seams. Unless they introduce a system of Eurobonds and banking unification as Acko was saying yesterday I see that as a real possibility.

Just arrived in Scotland. Place is going wild over the vote. They took their country back, just like we will take America back. No games!

MY GOD HE'S SUCH A FUCKING IDIOT :rotfl: YAY, KEEP TWEETING YOU MORON!

he most probably just mispelled that one too, don't you know - weren't we supposed to give the poor man a break

Just arrived in Scotland. Place is going wild over the vote. They took their country back, just like we will take America back. No games!

MY GOD HE'S SUCH A FUCKING IDIOT :rotfl: YAY, KEEP TWEETING YOU MORON!

Dear lord, don't get me started on this dickhead. What would it be like if he wins? Is this referendum a sign of more things to come? If it is, I'm moving to Australia. I'd rather live with the giant snakes and spiders.

This is the most disgusting thread we've ever had. Serious issues that affect your everyday life being laughed off, people showing off their ignorance as if it's something to be proud of... But yeah, 'hotdogs and pies'.

Well if UK wants the Norway status they have to accept free movement of people, so in the end I wonder what will UK choose too

since both Norway and Switzerland had to accept that, I doubt they will bring up special rules for the UK - and they might even end up paying, without their Thatcher discount.

Dear lord, don't get me started on this dickhead. What would it be like if he wins? Is this referendum a sign of more things to come? If it is, I'm moving to Australia. I'd rather live with the giant snakes and spiders.

We're going to have to wait, but it makes me really uncomfortable too. I still think a majority of voters here think he's trash and won't vote. But if he does win, I'll be in Mexico.

i just hope they will find a civilized agreement for those UK people living in the EU. As far as I know some of those were even not allowed to vote (if they lived abroad for 15 years). Also in some EUcountries you can vote in local elections in case you are a EU national, will they be stripped of those rights too.

I don't understand why the media is making such a fuss over Cameron quitting. The guys been saying for months he was going to quit if the leave vote would win! At least he kept his word... Surely that Boris is not going to be prime minister on a whim.... What you guys think?