Britain votes in favor for Brexit

XXL

How many votes were between the two? I know the percentages, but is there any indication of the amount of votes? Or is it too many to know at the present?

About 1 and half millions difference for the Out vote.

LOL at all the LEAVE dafties on the BBC now saying they didn't think this would happen, that they didn't think their leave vote would have made a difference and now they're shit scared of the uncertainty and unhappy about Dave's resignation. OH WELL.

And here comes bumbling Boris to start his campaign for PM.

I guess Britain is now truly the arsehole of Europe?!

Guest Rachelle of London

True.

Honestly, I didn't think they would allow the UK to leave no matter what the turn out, so to me, it's quite a significant point that people do have the power... whether you agree with the outcome or not. Britain got out of a undemocratic government they didn't want and got their Prime Minister to resign.

Exactly. Cameron can F off now. People forget he wanted to LEAVE the EU but only decided to stay after meetings with Merkel. Shady business. Shady.

LOL at all the LEAVE dafties on the BBC now saying they didn't think this would happen, that they didn't think their leave vote would have made a difference and now they're shit scared of the uncertainty and unhappy about Dave's resignation. OH WELL.

And here comes bumbling Boris to start his campaign for PM.

I guess Britain is now truly the arsehole of Europe?!

oh my god oh my god

STOP THE SCAREMONGERING

As I stated it really didn't phase me what the turn out of the vote was. I'm not even British. Ultimately people will still have confidence in the UK and in the Pound. This idea that the UK will become the leper of the financial world is a joke. I'm not here for hyperbole. While I can recognize it may disappoint some (but clearly not the majority) this isn't the apocalypse.

Wrong, smart people won't still have confidence in the UK and the pound. Without favorable international trade and its status as a financial capital of the world, the UK has lost a lot economically. The UK won't be a leper of the financial world due to some fantasy, but because the EU will definitely enjoy political and financial negotiating power over the UK which will have to put up or shut up. You don't make the rules any more, you just have to live by rules that the EU makes. This is a fact. That's what they voted for.

People should be asking why the majority of people wanted out of the EU right now.

In theory it might sound great but clearly people are unhappy with how it's being managed.

And before anyone blames the media and the scare campaigns, everyone was mocking them when it was expected the stay vote would win. Pleas don't start trying to tell me how effective they were.

True.

Honestly, I didn't think they would allow the UK to leave no matter what the turn out, so to me, it's quite a significant point that people do have the power... whether you agree with the outcome or not. Britain got out of a undemocratic government they didn't want and got their Prime Minister to resign.

Now the question is: does EU put UK on the same level as Switzerland or Norway? Other countries like Netherlands will vote leave too if it's that easy...

Or are bigger measures made as an example of how bad leaving the EU is? But that means a mess in economic for many EU members...

The fact that we are aligned to USA and decided to lose Russia as a client will put the balance on favor to UK and that will mean more leaves from other countries

Guest Pud Whacker

People should be asking why the majority of people wanted out of the EU right now.

In theory it might sound great but clearly people are unhappy with how it's being managed.

And before anyone blames the media and the scare campaigns, everyone was mocking them when it was expected the stay vote would win. Pleas don't start trying to tell me how effective they were.

How it's being managed? It's only been five minutes!

But leave wasn't really based on the austerity policy or the lack of democracy in Brussels isn't it? It was about refugees and immigrants.

Nobody said it sounds great, and people have a right to be unhappy with how it's managed, but choosing to leave (bury your head in the sand when you still have to deal with the EU in the real world) is just creating more problems instead of helping to solve it.

Immigrants to the UK may not be deported, but British expatriates elsewhere in the EU most definitely will be.

Guest Rachelle of London

Why? He's a politician.. It's part of the job

No it's not. Go to his offices and boo. Don't go to his home. It is embarassing.

What are those booers going to do? Change how democracy works?

Atleast boo Firage who has been caught lying about the NHS. People SHOULD be protesting that, the NHS is a very soft spot for British people, many voted due to the NHS alone. That should atleast be investigated.

In an ideal world, all the fear mongering should have been enough to pause the referendum until both parties cleared up their act, but what's done is done.

I heard on the radio some guy said in 10 years we will look back at Britain and wonder why we didn't do this sooner... I missed his name though. Let's hope he's right. It's only been a few hours yet :o

Guest Pud Whacker

No it's not. Go to his offices and boo. Don't go to his home. It is embarassing.

Yes. Ridiculous.

You don't have a clue what you're talking about. You only had to look at the thinly-veiled discussion going on in this thread to see what the very real issue was.

Sadly it's true. But the thing is, all along they wanted to use this as the perfect excuse to justify the triggering of a second manufactured financial collapse. It will make 2008 seem like a walk in the park. I am still appreciative of the fact that 48% of British voters were sensitive enough to understand what the implications now are

Watch the City Of London's "gambling privileges" (entire UK economy as of now, thanks to people like Thatcher) being savagely butchered. When I read some of the comments in this thread it makes me realise how deluded some people living there are.

Anyway like I said this is not about the EU being a good thing but about how those that voted against the EU seem to really believe they are now "freer". LOL. In the kind of world we live in, looking at the bigger picture, economically and militarily, it's a decision that makes absolutely no sense.

This. It's just so short sighted.

I don't want to imply that all who voted leave are xenophobes but id be willing to bet at least 50% of that group are.

This is a victory for conservatism and the power of fear.

Edited by cardiganstarlet

Guest Pud Whacker

You don't have a clue what you're talking about. You only had to look at the thinly-veiled discussion going on in this thread to see what the very real issue was.

Immigration?

GU I'm getting a lot of complaints. Give it a rest with the trolling and arguing nonsensically in this thread or your access will be removed from this section.

I'm not trolling. Can I make my own complaint against Pud making personal remarks about me or should I go and press report on the actual posts?

Guest Rachelle of London

What are those booers going to do? Change how democracy works?

Atleast boo Firage who has been caught lying about the NHS. People SHOULD be protesting that, the NHS is a very soft spot for British people, many voted due to the NHS alone. That should atleast be investigated.

In an ideal world, all the fear mongering should have been enough to pause the referendum until both parties cleared up their act, but what's done is done.

I heard on the radio some guy said in 10 years we will look back at Britain and wonder why we didn't do this sooner... I missed his name though. Let's hope he's right. It's only been a few hours yet :o

Get a reality check. Go and boo at Boris house and change the world. Write pointless essays about how UKs economy is forever doomed. Free poor little Scotland from the terrors of England. Ridiculous

Christ, now they're defending Boris fucking Johnson. A truly amoral, evil cunt wrapped up in a "bumbling fool" persona.

Oh and he's giving a speech outside his home. People have EVERY RIGHT to be there.

Just because people have the right to vote and we live in a democratic country that doesn't ncessarily mean they made the right choice. Point is this country will never be the same. And that's for sure. Too early to say it's going to be a complete disaster but from the outset it doesn't look too good but the damages been done now!

My problem is actually about a fraction of humanity who just doesn't want to move on together towards peace and unity. I can see how so many people used this vote to express their hate and contempt against other human beings. It's disgusting. I come from a council estate background you guys have no idea how bad people are here on this side! They simply hate! They didn't have any clue about the EU. They didn't even know what EU stands for and they went to vote so to say they hate immigrants, foreigners and pretty much everybody who's not English! I'm appalled by that. It shouldn't happen in 2016! Instead of going forward towards a brighter future of peace and unity amongst nations and people from different races we are actually going backwards. Why don't we just start building big walls across the border?! We might as well do that!

If you can't see this as a wake up call of what's going on in the world I beg you guys to...People have stopped believing in the values that can bring people together. It's not just about the UK leaving the EU.. It's the sentiment that goes with it.

I'm devastated :(

Guest Rachelle of London

Immigration?

It's easier to paint everyone as racist and xenophobes Pud. Being so liberal and all but wanting their own little country separate from the rest of us!

Get a reality check. Go and boo at Boris house and change the world. Write pointless essays about how UKs economy is forever doomed. Free poor little Scotland from the terrors of England. Ridiculous

Or sit typing shit you clearly no nothing about on a message board or social media?