Britain votes in favor for Brexit

XXL

All you so concerned about the economy the same ones that blame capitalism for all of your problems. I have no time for this fuckery.

The UK will survive fine after all of this bullshit. The world still recognizes the Pound as one of the key currencies of the world. All of this talk about the pound losing value and the stock market really only applies to limited people. I think it's probably worse for foreigners than it is the British if anything. You think old mate in Bristol with 0 investments is really going to feel anything?

For me either result was really not going to phase me. I really don't know why people are losing their shit about things. You need to remember the UK (whether you like it or not) still has the Commonwealth that it can rely on!

#longlivethequeen

Sadly economy nowadays is much more complicated. I do think that UK has enough power to be really good, but there are other factors which can't be controlled or even expected.

For example: debt in UK is 80% now. The country needs huge amounts of money each month to sustain the debt. If investors feel there's a risk in the future they will ask for a higher rate, so debt will grow faster and more money will be needed.

About Europe, now it's the moment to leave USA / UK and focus on Russia: such a big market, there won't be any effect if goods are sold there now.

There's so much idiocy in here I don't know where to begin. The pound USED to be one of the key currencies in the world because it enjoyed the stability of being part of the EU (in terms of trade, political power, financial markets) while having the flexibility of a separate currency to insulate itself from the downfalls of EU membership. When the pound loses value, everything foreign is going to cost more for the British to import. You don't think the VAT on all those EU goods will hurt?

And please, as if the Commonwealth is anything but symbolic. The Empire is over and even the major Commonwealth countries can't save the UK from the world of hurt its going to face with what it has to deal with to do business with its geographic neighbors.

Don't waste your intelligence on them. Not ONE of your many valid points all morning have been responded to with anything approaching respect or common sense.

Wouldn't being the opposite of Fix news make you an extremist? BUSTED.

No honey. The opposite of extremist is moderate darling. I want good for EVERYBODY.

GU I'm getting a lot of complaints. Give it a rest with the trolling and arguing nonsensically in this thread or your access will be removed from this section.

Sadiq Khan, the Mayor of London, said:

"I believe that Britain is better off within the European Union, but the British people have clearly spoken today, and their democratic will must now be fulfilled.

"I would like to praise David Cameron for the dignified way he has reacted to the message sent by the British people in his words at Downing Street today. I agree with the Prime Minister that Britain can survive and prosper outside the European Union.

"I want to send a clear message to the British people and to businesses and investors around the world this morning - there is no need to panic.

"I still believe that our country is better off within the European Union, but there is no doubt that London will continue to be the successful city it is today. Our city and our country will continue to be the best place in the world to do business. And we will continue to look outwards and trade and engage with the entire world - including the European Union.

"Although we will be outside the EU, it is crucial that we remain part of the single market. Leaving the single market of 500 million people - with its free-trade benefits - would be a mistake. I will be pushing the Government to ensure this is the cornerstone of the negotiations with the EU. It is crucial that London has a voice at the table during those renegotiations, alongside Scotland and Northern Ireland.

"We all have a responsibility to now seek to heal the divisions that have emerged throughout this campaign - and to focus on that which unites us, rather than that which divides us."

"I want to send a particular message to the almost one million Europeans living in London, who make a huge contribution to our city - working hard, paying taxes and contributing to our civic and cultural life. You are welcome here. We value the enormous contribution you make to our city and that will not change as a result of this referendum."

Can we please stop feeding GU his daily sustenance?

The governor of the bank of England looked shit scared in that speech he just gave in an attempt to avert another banking crisis. 250 billion to help prop up the pound? All in a days work I guess.

Even the REMAIN(ders) look dazed and confused by what they've done. There's no feeling of celebration AT ALL. Like "we didn't REALLY think this would happen". Really bishes? You reap what you sow.

:chuckle:

Watch that other European Central Bank lying moron Draghi keep printing money out of thin air and say

"Everything will be fine"

Yes, everything will be soooooo fine, just because you keep "injecting" money into the economy

Like there's no tomorrow

Watch that other European Central Bank lying moron Draghi keep printing money out of thin air and say

"Everything will be fine"

Yes, everything will be soooooo fine, just because you keep "injecting" money into the economy

Like there's no tomorrow

If only they injected money on me hahaha

Guest Pud Whacker

Interesting fact: The country has lost MORE money in the hours since the OUT result than it could ever save from not paying into the EU.

But doesnt this always happen when uncertainty is in the air?

Edit* wait, it's late and my Valium is kicking in.

It lost more than it could have saved from not paying? Explain.

There's so much idiocy in here I don't know where to begin. The pound USED to be one of the key currencies in the world because it enjoyed the stability of being part of the EU (in terms of trade, political power, financial markets) while having the flexibility of a separate currency to insulate itself from the downfalls of EU membership. When the pound loses value, everything foreign is going to cost more for the British to import. You don't think the VAT on all those EU goods will hurt?

And please, as if the Commonwealth is anything but symbolic. The Empire is over and even the major Commonwealth countries can't save the UK from the world of hurt it's going to face with what it has to deal with to do business with its geographic neighbors.

This!

Interesting fact: The country has lost MORE money in the hours since the OUT result than it could ever save from not paying into the EU.

But the immigrants won't be allowed in anymore to take all our (minimum wage) jobs. Don't you get it?

Yes

Funny thing is that British markets are losing 5% but Italian and Spanish are losing 10%... We always lose more even if we are far away and we couldn't vote hahaha

I mean, I guess. It's just interesting how looking back, the argument was always framed on that basis. Now this morning the spearheads of that argument are being dismantled by the very ppl who touted them. This whole thing reeks of a gamble gone wrong. Let's just hope it's not as crazy as people are fearing it might be.

Waiting for the news that George Soros made a couple of billions already out of this

He has recently taken most of his investments out of the currency markets and put it into gold

Black Wednesday Blues

Let's call it Black Thursday 2016

No honey. The opposite of extremist is moderate darling. I want good for EVERYBODY.

No, moderate is in the middle. The opposites are on either side. You're halfway from Fix news.

As I stated it really didn't phase me what the turn out of the vote was. I'm not even British. Ultimately people will still have confidence in the UK and in the Pound. This idea that the UK will become the leper of the financial world is a joke. I'm not here for hyperbole. While I can recognize it may disappoint some (but clearly not the majority) this isn't the apocalypse.

Guest Pud Whacker

I mean, I guess. It's just interesting how looking back, the argument was always framed on that basis. Now this morning the spearheads of that argument are being dismantled by the very ppl who touted them. This whole thing reeks of a gamble gone wrong. Let's just hope it's not as crazy as people are fearing it might be.

With any monumental change, everything plummets.

We're talking fear earlier and the fear is a reality because the foundation has been rocked.

Usually, these tend to level out when everyone realizes the sky isn't falling.

Guest Rachelle of London

What a shit fest this thread has turned into! Typical Madonna Nation lynch mob. personal attacks. Being told not to laugh, not to have banter with other members. Ugh

With any monumental change, everything plummets.

We're talking fear earlier and the fear is a reality because the foundation has been rocked.

Usually, these tend to level out when everyone realizes the sky isn't falling.

Exactly

The effects will be long term

Farage said he had no interest in being PM, but he has proven to be a liar in regards to the NHS money.

I think Corbyn is who the public will back, George Galloway (independent party mp who supported brexit) backs him also.

Farage is such a pussyhole. He went ahead with this campaign because he's got this thirst for destruction and fear and he relies a lot on ignorance and hatred. No wonder people from EDL worship him. He's been slating the EU since forever but his wife is German...well, I see a connection after all. Maybe she's coming from a pro nazi family.

I wonder if he's going to give to the NHS all that money he pledged...

Guest Rachelle of London

As I stated it really didn't phase me what the turn out of the vote was. I'm not even British. Ultimately people will still have confidence in the UK and in the Pound. This idea that the UK will become the leper of the financial world is a joke. I'm not here for hyperbole. While I can recognize it may disappoint some (but clearly not the majority) this isn't the apocalypse.

The scaremongering is the biggest joke. The so called liberals that hate capitalism and the media are the FIRST to fall for it. Pull the other one.

What a shit fest this thread has turned into! Typical Madonna Nation lynch mob. personal attacks. Being told not to laugh, not to have banter with other members. Ugh

We're a democracy after all. As long as you have the same beliefs as us.

The scaremongering is the biggest joke. The so called liberals that hate capitalism and the media are the FIRST to fall for it. Pull the other one.

Let's tear down the unfair financial markets!! But only if the UK is part of them!

Guest Rachelle of London

We're a democracy after all. As long as you have the same beliefs as us.

It's only a democracy to suit people's personal opinions. The majority of the country voted. Simple. Whether you agree with it or not. The world is not gonna end. The immigrants are not being deported.

If only they injected money on me hahaha

The idea that printing money like there's no tomorrow and keeping interests late at negative levels is going to save the REAL economy is just the biggest scam ever devised, if anything it's what's keeping everything in a permanent state of failure. The banking system created this huge hole to begin with and Western politicians responded to it by continuing funnelling clout and resources to the banking system by sacrificing citizens' livelihoods.

Our taxes are not even going into services but into paying extortion interest rates on our own collective national debts, and I mean every country in the world, not just EU countries or the US

The Bank of England, the European Central Bank or the US FED saying to people "everything will be fine - you can keep borrowing at virtually zero cost - we keep this quantitative easing thing going till we have signs of recovery" is shamefully deceptive.

It's only a democracy to suit people's personal opinions. The majority of the country voted. Simple. Whether you agree with it or not. The world is not gonna end. The immigrants are not being deported.

True.

Honestly, I didn't think they would allow the UK to leave no matter what the turn out, so to me, it's quite a significant point that people do have the power... whether you agree with the outcome or not. Britain got out of a undemocratic government they didn't want and got their Prime Minister to resign.