Britain votes in favor for Brexit

XXL

Guest Rachelle of London

Yeah seriously, what the hell was that about?!

Desperation.

The leave campaign responded with using an old quote from Victoria Beckham about how terrible the EU is :rotfl:

Can I just ask...is it possible that those that want to remain are doing so for personal gain/finance/tax reasons?

Yeah, I like not having to pay any import duty on buying anything online from Europe, to give one tiny little selfish example.Is it possible you want to leave because you have this weird, romanticised, 1950s Little Britain view of the world that would in actuality get smashed to smithereens should the great unwashed immigrant-hating plebs come out in force tomorrow? :angel:

Kim drop the trousers, bend over and spread.

IN or OUT? (the E.U)

Oh whatever but can everyone vote to stay in pls because ive bet a lot of money on it.

If youre still a swinger, vote for me!

This is actually the best indicator of what the result will be. The IN vote has always remained the bookies favourite throughout. Forget yer polls, they have it right.

Guest Rachelle of London

The Stella we have here is brewed in Northampton. I doubt the prices would go up. Unless Stella decided to close their HQ in Britain.

We don't even buy that much products from Europe for that to be a decider for me.

I get stuff from Amazon Germany, Italy and France all the time. All the same stuff, sometimes loads cheaper than here and they usually just send the order through to the UK warehouses anyway, so it comes from here within a day or so.

push it OUT.

tsk tsk! WRONG answer.

Guest Pud Whacker
tsk tsk! WRONG answer.

no, Kim. its the RIGHT answer.

now, drop 'em and spread 'em.

and push the bung OUT.

Guest Rachelle of London

I boycotted Amazon.

Even though I forgot I boycotted them and ordered 2 books last month :lmao:

PW, I've never heard such talk in my life...well since last night anyway. Now shoo back to the US presidents thread We have important things to discuss here.

Speaking of Amazon, if those workers think they have it bad now, just wait till the Brexit Tories abolish the EU working directives: 60 hour weeks, one week paid holiday, no sick/maternity pay AHOY!

Guest Rachelle of London

Kim please don't tell me you believe that if we leave the EU they'll get rid of workers rights? this is the type of scaremongering that just borders on insane.

Yeah, I like not having to pay any import duty on buying anything online from Europe, to give one tiny little selfish example.Is it possible you want to leave because you have this weird, romanticised, 1950s Little Britain view of the world that would in actuality get smashed to smithereens should the great unwashed immigrant-hating plebs come out in force tomorrow? :angel:

IN or OUT? (the E.U)

1) Who told you I was voting out? I certainly didn't say I was. I was actually referring to the agenda of Politicians/richer society who are telling us that the world will explode if we don't vote to stay. It just seems fishy to me.

2) I don't make decisions based on threats/fear. Seems like many people are more fearful of change than no change.

3) I don't have any romanticised view. Honey, you're the brainwashed one...not me. I dunno if you've actually thought about why you're such a lefty because it just sounds to me like everything you say comes from blind patriotism. :scotland: THE BRAVE and all that jazz.

We don't even buy that much products from Europe for that to be a decider for me.

I know, right? Like, I certainly don't see Norway or Switzerland falling apart because they can't buy tax free items from Europe? I mean, what is really made in Europe today? Pretty much fuck all...unless you're buying food produce.

I get stuff from Amazon Germany, Italy and France all the time. All the same stuff, sometimes loads cheaper than here and they usually just send the order through to the UK warehouses anyway, so it comes from here within a day or so.

tsk tsk! WRONG answer.

I would have thought that with your lefty mouth foaming attitude you wouldn't be buying things from such a capitalist monster? I mean Amazon is like the most evil of all of the plutocratic support machines. So your issue is that we have to stay in Europe because of your purchases on Amazon? Finally I have a solid and clear reason to vote. :lmao: This is why it's so funny when you try to school me Kim.

Kim please don't tell me you believe that if we leave the EU they'll get rid of workers rights? this is the type of scaremongering that just borders on insane.

What's crazy about it is that being in the EU has done NOTHING to disrupt 0 hour contracts which in my mind is one of the worst things in our work culture. Our workers rights pre EU were no worse off than they are now. Like, this country wouldn't accept such ridiculous and drastic changes. The main reason I would love to see the out vote win is to see all these rabbid lefties shut up with their drama. It's literally so puerile.

Oh and good old Amazon with some of the most dire workers rights. Like, do you even know the shit that goes on for the staff there? They are NOT respected and are essentially treated like robotic slaves. I certainly WOULD NEVER.

Guest Rachelle of London

What's crazy about it is that being in the EU has done NOTHING to disrupt 0 hour contracts which in my mind is one of the worst things in our work culture. Our workers rights pre EU were no worse off than they are now. Like, this country wouldn't accept such ridiculous and drastic changes. The main reason I would love to see the out vote win is to see all these rabbid lefties shut up with their drama. It's literally so puerile.

:clap:

Zero hour contracts and UNPAID internships both championed by David Cameron.

Goodness me, talk about foaming at the mouth.

How long have you people actually interacted with me on this board to see that most of what I say is 50/50 tongue in cheek mixed with seriousness?

OBVIOUSLY I didn't make my voting choice based upon buying from Amazon

OBVIOUSLY I'm referencing the Tories talking about getting rid of the "red tape" surrounding some of the GOOD things that have come from European directives (when you two were still in high school probably, and that's not a diss btw )

As for being a "leftie" GU, I have a social conscience and believe in social responsibility, it's as simple as that. I'm not even interested in what makes you such a right-wing wannabe.

As usual around here. Someone says ONE thing and all of a sudden that negates every other possible angle, avenue and point of view. It's ridiculous, and makes any real debate completely pointless.

Carry on.

Watched the debate yesterday evening. Was very interesting. Ruth and Sadiq were amazing. I also liked the union woman. But she was so nervous. Can't stand Boris. I think he is an arrogant prick. That labour women and the other woman (who seriously claimed 70 years of peace in Europe is the achievement of the NATO) sounded like a broken record. And what I found confusing is the whole NHS situation. The NHS seems to be in need of doctors and nurses. There are 20.000 immigants working for the NHS who may have to leave when the Brexit becomes a reality. At the same time the leave campaign wants to hire people for the NHS from other countries around the world, from India etc.? Wouldn't it make more sense to keep the workforce you have? Or do they believe that those doctors or nurses that came into the UK trough a point system similar to the Australian one are "better" than the current stuff. If so, that is highly offensive and disrespectful.

Okay, tomorrow is the day.

Guest Mauro

The leave campaign have brought in David Beckham to

Persuade voters. :lmao:

Does Beckham even know what the EU is?

Remain

Guest Rachelle of London

The people in employment won't be asked to leave. Most of NHS workers are from non EU countries anyway. India, Pakistan, Ghana, Nigeria, Jamaica, Phillipines etc (majority countries of NHS workers). Those countries are not EU nations and those employed by the NHS already have visas to work for the NHS. The employed EU members will still have 2 years to transfer over to new visas.

Watched the debate yesterday evening. Was very interesting. Ruth and Sadiq were amazing. I also liked the union woman. But she was so nervous. Can't stand Boris. I think he is an arrogant prick. That labour women and the other woman (who seriously claimed 70 years of peace in Europe is the achievement of the NATO) sounded like a broken record. And what I found confusing is the whole NHS situation. The NHS seems to be in need of doctors and nurses. There are 20.000 immigants working for the NHS who may have to leave when the Brexit becomes a reality. At the same time the leave campaign wants to hire people for the NHS from other countries around the world, from India etc.? Wouldn't it make more sense to keep the workforce you have? Or do they believe that those doctors or nurses that came into the UK trough a point system similar to the Australian one are "better" than the current stuff. If so, that is highly offensive and disrespectful.

Okay, tomorrow is the day.

Of course it's offensive. They already tightened up Visa controls for non-EU workers a few years ago which saw a reduction in NHS staff levels, a gap that was plugged by EU nationals.To then put those same restrictions on THEM will result in a further negative impact on NHS recruitment. Let's not discuss why there's a shortage of skilled BRITISH NHS workers in the first place, But LEAVE don't want to talk about that, instead you get billboards depicting a queue of non-white migrants (actually crossing the Croatia-Slovenia border, but nevermind that bit) with "Breaking Point" emblazoned on it, thus feeding the vile immigration debate that this whole thing has turned into. Most people can see through it though.

I know, right? Like, I certainly don't see Norway or Switzerland falling apart because they can't buy tax free items from Europe? I mean, what is really made in Europe today? Pretty much fuck all...unless you're buying food produce.

As for Switzerland - you know they had been in a recession for over 10 years just because they didn't join the European Economic Area and they were crawling back and begged for an automated way to adopt european rules and to be allowed back in - I guess the UK would love to have such 10 lost years as well.

and Norway: once they run out of their oil money they might join too (as they suddenly would get more back than paying in - how unselfish of them)

Guest Rachelle of London

So the fact that the government tightened up visa controls for people outside of the EU, how exactly would that change by remaining in the EU?

Cameron's main argument for remaining in the EU would be to have even STRICTER controls for migrants coming over from outside of the EU. He wants to slash migration from outside of EU by 200,000 people. So how will NHS workers from India, Nigeria, Pakistan be protected by that? Or when TTIP comes into plan and GlaxoSmithKline own the NHS or whatever American company decides to "invest" what would that do to the NHS?

Anyone that thinks the leave campaign is pro immigration needs to look into it further. Cameron also wants to take child support away for non British families, something which the EU supported him with LAST WEEK.

Regarding TTIP, that sh*t is done. It will not pass. If they try to pass it, there'll be riots because the citizens of most countries are against the trade deal because it is way too obvious who wants this deal. People are very well aware what a similar deal means to countries who have something similar. And all of them wish they never signed it. All the postive things they promised like immense job growth never happened. What happened were several suits by foreign, well U.S., investors against the other countries claiming billions in damages because those countries dared to change some laws, environmental laws for instance, which now makes those investments less attractive because of lower profits. All this is done before those fake courts instead of real ones. In the end the tax payer will have to pay. People are sick of this nonsense. They don't want it. They don't appreciate how all of this is negotiated hush hush. I don't see TTIP happen.

About immigration, the point is, this vote IS NOT ABOUT immigration. It's a fallacy and a smokescreen being used to scare people into voting leave.

It's unfortunate that the rest of the UK have voted for a party intent on privatisinng and ultimately destroying England's NHS. Healthcare is devolved to Scotland thankfully. Let's hope you do riot in the streets when it happens...although I doubt it with the state of apathy everyone seems to be in.

I'm so tired of all of This and listening to the idiots at work moaning about migrants and things .

I blame social media and the daily mail. People just believe anything.

I remember there was a meme and it had that professor from the first Harry Potter film with the turban and someone said "this is Ali Muhammed a migrant who has come over here and lives in a 28 million pound house and claims benefits "

The amount of people who believed it was unreal .

Anyway. Wake me up when this is over .