White SFSU Student Told His Deadlocks are "Cultural Appropriation"

Guest Rocco Papa

Of course. Everyone is allowed to dress or wear whatever they want.

We have so much bullshit going on here in France with head scarves...Today the minister of family said that girls wearing head scarves were like american negros being for slavery. Yep she used the word negro (nègre in french) ...a word no one EVER use especially about black americans....so not only the comparison is outrageous but her choice of word is completly ignorant. All that just for a head scarf.....We came to the point were we just can't accept anyone that is not ourself anymore. It's very sad. Let people be and wear whatever they want.

WOW. Even READING the word negro sent a jolt through my body. :rotfl:

I think the youth of today (I'm only 24 but I will not be associated w/ these dumb ass, hyper sensitive children) have way too much time on their hands. The young lady in the video probably had some legitimate opinions, but a random hallway was not the venue, nor was that the correct approach.

Yep she wanted to get hit. I would've gladly done it too :lmao:

You are so Bmore. :boxing::rotfl:

We know cultural appropriation from people of color and even lgbt communities is an issue. Of course depending where you live, racism, xenophobia, homophobia is REAL shit.

It just feels that SJW schtick is like a secular religion and many of the tactics employed by them wind up alienating people who would be their allies in the fight.

I actually applied for that university and took a tour of that school back in the day. Did not wind up going, but not surprised this incident happened there tbh.

You are so Bmore. :boxing::rotfl:

:lmao:

She would've ended up not only on every damn news site but ON WORLD STAR AND EVERY PETTY INSTAGRAM, MEMES, AND VINE AFTER GETTING KNOCKED OUT :lmao:

Guest Rachelle of London

Speaking of cultural appropriation Miss Lawrence quit Atlanta Housewives because they were appropriating gay culture.

I always find these cultural appropriation complainers tedious and tiresome for several reasons. Firstly, people love and appreciate cultures and looks and it is not offensive to copy them. Secondly, with so much disgusting acts of racism in the world that desperately need to be addressed, talking about hair-styles etc is counter-productive and has people talking about trivial non-issues when they could be talking about real racism. Takes away from the important issues by talking about non-issues. A no-win situation for everyone.

What ever happened to live and let live?

Many people of color would also say the chick in this video sounds a little too "bougie" and "white" in the way she speaks. Yes that sounds silly, but there are people that would say that.

I mean there is so much REAL racism out there that to waste an ounce of anger looking for social justice over some white kid wearing dreads is insane.

I can only think of the 98 VMA's with Madonna and how today she would probably get so much shit for "appropriating" a culture or her Geisha look faze. People need to grow up and learn something called context.

People who have a problem with this cultural appropriation crap are RACISTS!!!

I love it when people embrace my culture, I do not care if it's for fashion etc , I absolutely love it!!!

I concur and applaud!

They don't get it that they cage other's people inspirations based on your birthplace??

They are the one labelling!

IT'S BS

Imagine if the Internet and SJW generation were around in the 80s and 90s? They have nervous breakdowns with Madonna. :lol:

'Omg she's not spanish why she's with spanish clothes?'

'Omg she's not gay why she's vogueing?'

'Omg she's not indian why she's wearing henna tattoos?'

THE POPCORN!

I remember at high school there were a lot white potheads people wearing dreadlocks, the black people tho had no problems about it (maybe because there were like 5 in the entire institute, but anyway).

Is it just me or is this sjw crap recent?

Is it just me or is this sjw crap recent?

It's a side-effect of the internet.

THANKFULLY, there's more awareness about race & cultural differences, it's just that some people don't know how to distinguish actual discrimination from petty superficial issues. I've had to educate more than a few White folk on what they should be more mindful of, but I do so with good intentions. Putting hands on people is NEVER the way to go about it.

It's a side-effect of the internet.

Especially as of late. People post these click bait articles with these headlines like "OUTRAGE OVER PHARELL WEARING AN INDIAN HEADDRESS!!!!!!!!!!!!' And they will quote two or three comments from random twitter users to show the "outrage" but in reality its probably only ever a small tiny itty bitty group of people that actually gives a shit.

But what has happened is these click bait headlines have become so constant that people are being led to think that they must be outraged as well in situations like this.

Agree that Madonna would have been attacked left and right if the internet and out of control identity politics were as popular as now.

Globalization and advanced technology has made the world much smaller and intimate. It's to be expected that people are going to be inspired and even rip off other cultures. You can be pissed off about it and start conversations, but assaulting and bullying people is immature and nonproductive!

Of course. Everyone is allowed to dress or wear whatever they want.

We have so much bullshit going on here in France with head scarves...Today the minister of family said that girls wearing head scarves were like american negros being for slavery. Yep she used the word negro (nègre in french) ...a word no one EVER use especially about black americans....so not only the comparison is outrageous but her choice of word is completly ignorant. All that just for a head scarf.....We came to the point were we just can't accept anyone that is not ourself anymore. It's very sad. Let people be and wear whatever they want.

a few years ago a prime minister in my country said we should wear the typical arabic scarfs to show we're multicultural and welcoming of muslims... it was also kind of in fashion. but that also makes you wonder how much power those SJW's have. these days it would be seen as disrespect, when a few years ago it had the opposite message

and i thought that bs stayed in the US. they just cant let it be a thing in europe. it'll ruin so much of our cultural freedom

Guest Rocco Papa

I came across this video recently. It's funny because it's true. Having attended a university, I can tell you it's even scarier when you experience these people in person rather than just reading bogus crap online.

Someone else here said that they alienate those who would normally be on their side. It's so true. One of the things that hurts me the most is when they make me look like a bigot. But you have to remember, these people aren't real activists. They just want to make themselves feel like they're doing good, when in reality they ain't doing jack shit. Or they want to boost their personal or professional reputation. Or they want to pander to those who already feel this way in order to make money, get followers, get hits on their site, etc.

What I worry about is those who don't know any better thinking these people are real activists. That's what scares me.

Guest Rocco Papa

you guys knew that sjw in colleges click their fingers instead of clap? because they think the sound of clapping can be harmful to sensitive people

:rotfl:

you guys knew that sjw in colleges click their fingers instead of clap? because they think the sound of clapping can be harmful to sensitive people

I had to do that at my last job in a cult-ish charter school during our "morning staff huddle" for this exact reason. So glad I quit :lmao:

Guest Medoner

Wtf i thought this was a joke until the post above! Dafuck im dyin

no it's real..

this issue is like a fucking south park episode

I had to do that at my last job in a cult-ish charter school during our "morning staff huddle" for this exact reason. So glad I quit :lmao:

i thought it was just a cult thing online and a few groups IRL, but hearing people from this forum having experienced those mental cases and it being accepted and people adjusting to it (out of guilt? ignorance?) is crazy.

Think that retarded clicking of fingers instead of clapping made headlines because it was used by National British Union of Students.

I recently read that same union in UK made a motion last week to abolish any representation for "gay cisgender males", particularly whites, because they're no longer consider oppressed. :lol::lol:

They totally ignored statistics that show gay guys have the largest rate of HIV, along with experiencing a high rate of violence perpetrated against them.

All this intra-fighting in leftist circles is not helpful, and partly contributing to right wing rhetoric surging popularity. Like others have already said here, we now have the other extreme like Trump, Le Pen, German far right, etc....

All I know is that if someone will not let me LEAVE and blocks me from doing so, that is considered KIDNAPPING legally. I would've KNOCKED this girl out. She is lucky that didn't happen. Cause I would've LAID HER ASS OUT and caught NO CHARGE :lmao:

Keep dreaming.