American 2016 Presidential Election thread part three

And one last thing. Obama is someone who inspired change in people and that's why he came out of nowhere and beat Hillary. republicans did everything in their power to stop him because he's BLACK. Plain and simple. And 8 years later he leaves the White House holding his head high and knowing he never ever stooped to their pathetic level AND he turned the country around which was spiraling out of control.

Republicans and other Americans hate Hillary because they simply hate her and what she's done and they don't trust her. It has nothing to do with the fact that she's a woman or her name sounds Muslimy. She's a career politician who makes decisions based on what looks good in the headlines not what's best for the country. She used to be on the Board of directors of wal mart for fucks sake. What the fuck does she know about the middle class. Her entire campaign is a bunch of random ideas and buzzwords that just happen to be the hot issues right now (like equal pay for women). Same thing in 2008. I don't even remember what she was supposedly fighting for back then (no more wars in the Middle East perhaps?)

Excuse me, do NOT bring Huma into this - I will come for you SO FUCKING FAST. She is my former boss and I have so much respect for her and I can tell you that Hillary is nothing short of a professional and the real deal. You try being Secretary of State and knowing exactly what country you're in or what meeting you have next - it's not Hillary's fucking job to know her own schedule. Hell, it's the same deal with Madonna. She forgets what city she's in half the time until someone tells her right before she goes out on stage - she admits it. I'd be concerned if the Secretary of State had to memorize her schedule AND memorize all the facts and details for every meeting and every event she was speaking at. That's the point of having a fucking staff - use your brain. Her job is to lead, not know her schedule.

Omg take a deep breath

ULIZOS I love you. I get a lot of what you are saying, but at the end of the day no matter how different we wish things could be its going to be Trump or Cruz VS Hillary. Unless at the convention the GOP thinks that neither of these two has a chance in hell of beating her and props someone else up.

That being said I know where I stand. I think Trump or Cruz would be a HORROR show for this country. If Hillary is elected (and I am hoping she is) I also hope the left does hold her feet to the fire on many issues because trust me if she is seen as compromising with republicans on shit all over the place she is only going to serve 1 term.

I really think things will not be as heated among both sides when hopefully Bernie goes out to campaign for Hillary. Like he has said himself. Hillary on her worst day would make a FAR better President then anyone on the republican side.

Maybe one day we will get the HIGHLY transformative progressive a lot of us want as President along with a congress that will support his agenda, but it looks like we are not there yet, but that doesn't mean we should give up on trying to keep moving in the right direction and admit defeat handing the reigns of power to people that would take us back decades.

Don't forget, Trump can't do much without the support of the house AND the senate and there's the supreme court to make sure he or any president doesn't sign into law and bills that are unconstitutional. The system is designed so that change happens gradually and slowly in the U.S. and things don't get fucking crazy over night. Nothing is going to change overnight unless the U.S. is attacked again. If that were to happen I think it's safe to say that both Trump and Clinton wouldn't even think twice about dropping a nuclear bomb or obliterate anyone in order to protect American's lives on U.S. soil.

If God forbid Trump were to become president it's not like the sky is going to fall. At the worst the republicans will TRY to pass offensive laws against immigration and muslims (something like the God Bless America Act or some buzzwords for the ignorant) and get rid of the Affordable Care Act and maybe pass some tax cuts here or there just to make their constituents happy (stupid people only read headlines they don't actually care to inform themselves) but it's going to be another 4 - 8 years of political gridlock, guaranteed. Let's say, even if Trump were to choose a justice to the supreme court, he still needs to pick someone the democrats are willing to nominate. It's not like he's going to vote for a nazi and democrats in the house and senate are just going to be like well, okay. He'd have to pick someone who can actually get the nomination aka make a compromise. Very little will get done regardless of who wins.

I don't think Trump is the end of the U.S. as we know it. I think he's just helping to usher in a new era for republicans (an ugly one). He epitomizes the party's identify crisis.

Anyway, if we're going to have more political gridlock I would've loved to have seen some brilliant old man kicking and screaming about equality and universal healthcare, and FUCK YOU WAHLL STREET, and smart and effective social programs (like Truman's) that help boost the economy and keep citizens active and working and not feeling like they want to give up on life even if he didn't accomplish much. It's the spark and the push back to the center/left that the country desperately needs right now.

But whatever. Hilary. Yay :rolleyes:

Now that I think about it, maybe political gridlock is alright. I'll sleep better at night knowing that if Trump were to win, we won't be able to do much anyway.

I can totally picture him getting extremely flustered and regretting all of it once he starts getting a bunch of paperwork and long ass instructions about protocols and boring ass U.S. government bureaucratic shit :lmao:

Now that I think about it, maybe political gridlock is alright. I'll sleep better at night knowing that if Trump were to win, we won't be able to do much anyway.

I can totally picture him getting extremely flustered and regretting all of it once he starts getting a bunch of paperwork and long ass instructions about protocols and boring ass U.S. government bureaucratic shit :lmao:

I hear and agree with what you are saying. The problem is that I feel Trump unlocks the hideous undercurrent that exists the US (and in all countries), fueled by ignorance, bigotry and hatred. Once that genie is out if the bottle and given political endorsement, that's when hellish possibilities seem no longer impossible.

He would leave a far more poisonous mark on the social side of things, as most right wing leaders do.

Haters gonna hate hate :lmao: I love / hate you guys

I don't even care about Bernie anymore.

:rotfl: I guess that proves what a great candidate he was in the first place. :thumbsup:

Hillary Clinton’s 2009 Request for Secure Smartphone Rejected by NSA

Hillary Clinton requested a secure smartphone in 2009 during the early days of tenure as Secretary of State but the National Security Agency (NSA) rejected the request, according to emails released this week.

The emails, released after a legal battle between conservative group Judicial Watch and the State Department, show that Clinton began using her private email address on her Blackberry a month after to communicate with top aides.

http://time.com/4262572/hillary-clinton-emails-nsa/

Hillary Clinton’s 2009 Request for Secure Smartphone Rejected by NSA

Hillary Clinton requested a secure smartphone in 2009 during the early days of tenure as Secretary of State but the National Security Agency (NSA) rejected the request, according to emails released this week.

The emails, released after a legal battle between conservative group Judicial Watch and the State Department, show that Clinton began using her private email address on her Blackberry a month after to communicate with top aides.

http://time.com/4262572/hillary-clinton-emails-nsa/

Good. Can we end this bullshit republican smear campaign against her now?

Soooooo tired.

The ONLY delight I would have after a Trump win is seeing how fast his cult followers turn against him when they find out deporting 11 to 12 million people is never going to happen and that dumb wall and having Mexico pay for it will never go up.

Good. Can we end this bullshit republican smear campaign against her now?

Soooooo tired.

Lol I believe the judge that is going to decide this was appointed by her husband ???

The anger toward Clinton within the intelligence community apparently has been simmering for years. In 2009, for example, the National Security Agency (NSA) rebuffed Clinton’s request to use an unsecured BlackBerry for her emails while she was in “Mahogany Row,” the highly secured offices used by all secretaries of state. The suite is secured as a “Sensitive Compartmentalized Information Facility,” or SCIF, which allows occupants to receive and review the nation’s most important national security secrets.

Clinton wanted to be allowed to use her BlackBerry while handling sensitive materials in the SCIF, according to emails released Wednesday by Judicial Watch. She also sought for her aides to have the same privilege (and was denied but did it anyway....) :superman:

“The way I’m reading this is that there’s this uprising in the national security bureaucracies to prosecute Mrs. Clinton,” Tom Fitton told TheDCNF. Fitton is president of the nonprofit government watchdog Judicial Watch, which is preparing to depose top Clinton aides and possibly her as well, in litigation stemming from the State Department’s maladroit handling of a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request.

Lol I believe the judge that is going to decide this was appointed by her husband ???

The anger toward Clinton within the intelligence community apparently has been simmering for years. In 2009, for example, the National Security Agency (NSA) rebuffed Clintons request to use an unsecured BlackBerry for her emails while she was in Mahogany Row, the highly secured offices used by all secretaries of state. The suite is secured as a Sensitive Compartmentalized Information Facility, or SCIF, which allows occupants to receive and review the nations most important national security secrets.

Clinton wanted to be allowed to use her BlackBerry while handling sensitive materials in the SCIF, according to emails released Wednesday by Judicial Watch. She also sought for her aides to have the same privilege (and was denied but did it anyway....) :superman:

The way Im reading this is that theres this uprising in the national security bureaucracies to prosecute Mrs. Clinton, Tom Fitton told TheDCNF. Fitton is president of the nonprofit government watchdog Judicial Watch, which is preparing to depose top Clinton aides and possibly her as well, in litigation stemming from the State Departments maladroit handling of a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request.

The emails is the only thing you like to talk about. And you are the only one doing it.

Until she is facing criminal charges, which I think is very likely. Then you are going to hear about it from a lot more than me. :popcorn:

You sound like a broken record.

To quote Bernie....

"WE ARE SICK AND TIRED OF HEARING ABOUT YOUR DAMN EMAILS!"

Yep and he actually had a 'damn' shot...until he jumped the shark w/ that lame, super weak response! For real (unless he's just a Hillary plant to make it look like she had competition) I think that comment is what def. put out the Bern. I liked what he represented and woulda def. considered him but that moment harpooned it for me.

If the Republican establishment runs their own candidate against Trump the result is more likely to be akin to the election of 1912 with Hillary as Woodrow Wilson.

It's a double edge sword. Give it to Trump and chances are they will lose the White House.

Don't give it to Trump, and his cult following will rebel and sit home on election day probably handing them a bigger loss.

Excuse me, do NOT bring Huma into this - I will come for you SO FUCKING FAST. She is my former boss and I have so much respect for her and I can tell you that Hillary is nothing short of a professional and the real deal. You try being Secretary of State and knowing exactly what country you're in or what meeting you have next - it's not Hillary's fucking job to know her own schedule. Hell, it's the same deal with Madonna. She forgets what city she's in half the time until someone tells her right before she goes out on stage - she admits it. I'd be concerned if the Secretary of State had to memorize her schedule AND memorize all the facts and details for every meeting and every event she was speaking at. That's the point of having a fucking staff - use your brain. Her job is to lead, not know her schedule.

This is either parody or you (I can't say it cause I don't want to be banned) are clueless (that's nicer).

What can you do but make excuses when Hillary has said herself that she believes that she is the "most transparent public official of modern times" and has never told a lie in her life....she does have cojones, though. Got to give her that. :lol:

It's easy to have cojones when you face political opponents who don't fight dirty.