Best producer from Rebel Heart

ryan

Best Producer from Rebel Heart?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Best Producer from Rebel Heart?

• Diplo (Living For Love, Bitch I'm Madonna, Best Night, Veni Vidi Vici)
    • Blood Diamonds (Devil Pray, Beautiful Scars, Borrowed Time)
    • Billboard (Ghosttown)
    • Shelco Garcia & Teenwolf (Unapologetic Bitch)
    • Kanye West (Illuminati, Holy Water, Wash All Over Me, SEX, Auto-Tune Baby)
    • Madonna (Hold Tight)
    • Toby Gad (Joan of Arc, Iconic, Graffiti Heart, Body Shop)
    • Avicii (Heartbreakcity, Messiah, Rebel Heart, Addicted)
    • Mike Dean (Inside Out)

Wasn't Stuart Price a DJ and are Timbaland/Danja/Timberlake or The Neptunes DJs? What about Kanye West or Billboard?

Stuart is technically an electronic musician so he's not a DJ. Kanye isn't a DJ but I'm saying the main producer of RH is Diplo who is a DJ and almost everyone he brought to the table as collaborators were DJ'S. Except for Ariel who's kind of an indie musician.

Hard Candy I thought Timbaland was mostly a DJ but he's not looking at it now but tbh Hard Candy isn't that great anyways.

My main point is that her last two records have been heavy on the DJ's. With one of her worst collaborations ever -----> DJ Martin Solveig.

Almost all her best music is made with none DJ's

Stuart Price is a DJ. Diplo is a DJ. Avicii is a DJ. Mirwais is a DJ. Orbit did someDJ'ing too. Madonna's always worked with DJ's. That's how she started being creative. I like it when she works with them. She sounds more unpredictable.

Mirwais is not a DJ. He's a producer and a songwriter.....

Shep is also more a producer than a DJ in the sense of how Solveig is just a DJ or Benassi is mostly just a DJ.

Why this sort of labelling though? Being a DJ or producer or classic composer doesn't mean anything. Talent is talent. My point is all those people did some DJ at some point in their life so yes they are or were DJ's.

Because it matters to the quality of the production? She makes better music with musicians and songwriters than Solveig types.

Everyone on this forum knows that lol

Hence why some music critics have called out the DJ collabs on reviews for MDNA and RH

You can be a DJ and a musician you know ;)

Guy Sigsworth, a classically trained musician, told me that he was in awe of Stuart Price because he was BOTH an amazing DJ and an amazing musician (which he is - no matter what your opinion of his style) and he was especially in awe of the fact that he could do them simultaneously live on stage. Patrick Leonard couldn't do that. Just sayin' ;)

​Not saying anything negative about Pat BTW - the man's a fucking legend IMHO.

Well, in all fairness he wasn't able to complete a lot of his work because of the leaks.

His "directors cut" of BIM is %100 better and more fleshed out than the album version.

Yes. I was very much hoping they'd use his version for the video... or tour...

Honestly not trying to be argumentative I just believe she makes better music with musicians, songwriters, and producers.

There's a reason why Diplo collabs with Ariel, an actual musician

Just because RH wasn't a commercial hit doesn't mean we have to turn around and say the album isn't good. It's great. One of her best. Production, song writing, very very good. DJ or no DJ. If it had been commercially successful, we would all be saying how amazing Diplo and the other DJ's were on it. Just saying.

Just because RH wasn't a commercial hit doesn't mean we have to turn around and say the album isn't good. It's great. One of her best. Production, song writing, very very good. DJ or no DJ. If it had been commercially successful, we would all be saying how amazing Diplo and the other DJ's were on it. Just saying.

When did I ever say Rebel Heart isn't great? It is great and I like what Diplo contributed a lot but I was talking about the next record.

I like the sounds it needs better lyrics. It could be something silly and off the wall, just "Bitch I'm Madonna" doesn't cut if for me.

PC music isn't cutting edge once it has made it's way to a McDonald's commercial (Lemonade)

For me the album is all about the melodies, the lyrics, the spirit and Madonna's voice.

In terms of production is one of her worst, along with MDNA. In fact, production and mixing take away some magic from several songs, both in RH and in MDNA.

LIving For Love is one of my fav songs that Madonna has recorded, but the production isn't imaginative, doesn't lift the song as it should... the same with others.

I'm sorry but I can't imagine the album without BIM. It's just one of those tunes you either love or hate and I love it. The lyrics are silly but that's the point. Everything above that track is bonkers but so are most of the criticisms Madonna's been enduring throughout her career. Madonna being silly in both song and video is a way to say "whatever you might think of me it doesn't matter cus I'm Madonna." She's describing all these rediculous things like jumping in the pool or getting freaky as a contrast to the amount of attacks she had to fight against which were silly just like BIM.

BIM Should have been the first single. It's got 1 million likes on Youtube - introduced her to a new generation of kids (some hated it - some loved it - but it put her back on the map) - And then she should have continued with LFL. LFL's production isn't bland at all - its just subtle. And at 57, she shouldn't have opted for subtle in her first single. In my opinion.

BIM Should have been the first single. It's got 1 million likes on Youtube - introduced her to a new generation of kids (some hated it - some loved it - but it put her back on the map) - And then she should have continued with LFL. LFL's production isn't bland at all - its just subtle. And at 57, she shouldn't have opted for subtle in her first single. In my opinion.

THIS!

For me the album is all about the melodies, the lyrics, the spirit and Madonna's voice.

In terms of production is one of her worst, along with MDNA. In fact, production and mixing take away some magic from several songs, both in RH and in MDNA.

LIving For Love is one of my fav songs that Madonna has recorded, but the production isn't imaginative, doesn't lift the song as it should... the same with others.

RH is all about songwriting so it doesn't really need any out-of-the-world amazing production to outshine the beautiful songs themselves. I'd agree that there are a few songs with sloppy production (breakdown of LFL, mixing of Hold Tight, drum on JOA and HBC, the overproduced Iconic). The remains are just as perfect as they are.

RH is all about songwriting so it doesn't really need any out-of-the-world amazing production to outshine the beautiful songs themselves. I'd agree that there are a few songs with sloppy production (breakdown of LFL, mixing of Hold Tight, drum on JOA and HBC, the overproduced Iconic). The remains are just as perfect as they are.

Well, you have other songs from other albums who are incredibly well written PLUS have a superb production. Since when beautiful songwritting doesn't need a good production???

This Producer/DJ debate is weird.... Diplo is both a producer and a DJ, so is Dahi and many others that M has worked with.

Anyhow, I do think some of you have a point about the leaks not allowing for the songs to be properly finished. And Diplo's BIM is better in my opinion. I think it sounds like it's mixed better too but again, the leaks would have caused the album mixing and mastering to be rushed so it's understandable.

It seems to me like everyone did the best they could given the situation. But I do I think we would have had a different RH album if it wasn't for the leaks.