Best producer from Rebel Heart

ryan

Best Producer from Rebel Heart?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Best Producer from Rebel Heart?

• Diplo (Living For Love, Bitch I'm Madonna, Best Night, Veni Vidi Vici)
    • Blood Diamonds (Devil Pray, Beautiful Scars, Borrowed Time)
    • Billboard (Ghosttown)
    • Shelco Garcia & Teenwolf (Unapologetic Bitch)
    • Kanye West (Illuminati, Holy Water, Wash All Over Me, SEX, Auto-Tune Baby)
    • Madonna (Hold Tight)
    • Toby Gad (Joan of Arc, Iconic, Graffiti Heart, Body Shop)
    • Avicii (Heartbreakcity, Messiah, Rebel Heart, Addicted)
    • Mike Dean (Inside Out)

Blood Diamonds/DJ Dahi for me. I thought they sounded like an updated and more diverse Mirwais. Very dyanmic and full of tricks, so to speak. Kept me interested.
Just FYI - they are also the main producers of Body Shop, not Toby G.
“Body Shop” (Ciccone/Gad/McDonald/Griffin/Natche/Tucker)
Webo Girl Publishing, Inc. (ASCAP)/Atlas Music Publishing o/b/o itself and Gadfly Songs (ASCAP)/EMI April Music, Inc. and Mo Zella Mo Music (ASCAP)/WB Music Corp., Roc Nation Music and Vohndee’s Soul Music Publishing c/o WB Music Corp. (ASCAP)/Sony/ATV Sonata and Dahi Productions (SESAC)/Michael Tucker Music (ASCAP) c/o Kobalt Songs Music Publishing, These Are Songs of Pulse (ASCAP) and OWSLA Trax (ASCAP) c/o Kobalt Songs Music Publishing
Producers: Madonna, DJ Dahi, Michael Diamonds, Toby Gad

Blood Diamonds/DJ Dahi for me. I thought they sounded like an updated and more diverse Mirwais. Very dyanmic and full of tricks, so to speak. Kept me interested.

Webo Girl Publishing, Inc. (ASCAP)/Atlas Music Publishing o/b/o itself and Gadfly Songs (ASCAP)/EMI April Music, Inc. and Mo Zella Mo Music (ASCAP)/WB Music Corp., Roc Nation Music and Vohndee’s Soul Music Publishing c/o WB Music Corp. (ASCAP)/Sony/ATV Sonata and Dahi Productions (SESAC)/Michael Tucker Music (ASCAP) c/o Kobalt Songs Music Publishing, These Are Songs of Pulse (ASCAP) and OWSLA Trax (ASCAP) c/o Kobalt Songs Music Publishing

Well didn't Toby do the demo? I only listed him as the main because all that was added to final mix honestly was a refinement in instruments, and an exta drum/bass track.

It's not a new trend. That sound dates back to 2007, heck even earlier than that

Exactly but it hasn't been tried out commercially (on the charts) or from popular artists. Ray Of Light was exactly the same thing. It was nothing new for ravers as electronica had been around for many, many, many years but Madonna helped the genre being recognised and being commercially appealing. Same thing with Vogue. Everybody thought it was ground breaking but it had been around in the underground world for a long time.

Yes, PC music is nothing new per se but how many popular artists put it out there in recent years? I can only think of Madonna with BIM. And talking about underground sounds making it in the history of popular music there's really not much going on now as it appears that nothing is new or incredibly edgy today. So for Madonna to come out with a tune like BIM was extremely brave and ground breaking. Vogue, Justify My Love, Ray Of Light ( album), Music ( album) did just that. So I was relieved to see she's still got an ear on what's happening in the underground dance world. The fact kids downloaded, streamed and watched BIM the most out of all the other RH songs should say something in my humble opinion!

well, it's not that underground...

and honestly, imo and it's just a matter of tastes, as much as i love BIM since the beginning, i don't know if i'd love a full BIM sounding (or its variations..) album

Exactly but it hasn't been tried out commercially (on the charts) or from popular artists. Ray Of Light was exactly the same thing. It was nothing new for ravers as electronica had been around for many, many, many years but Madonna helped the genre being recognised and being commercially appealing. Same thing with Vogue. Everybody thought it was ground breaking but it had been around in the underground world for a long time.

Yes, PC music is nothing new per se but how many popular artists put it out there in recent years? I can only think of Madonna with BIM. And talking about underground sounds making it in the history of popular music there's really not much going on now as it appears that nothing is new or incredibly edgy today. So for Madonna to come out with a tune like BIM was extremely brave and ground breaking. Vogue, Justify My Love, Ray Of Light ( album), Music ( album) did just that. So I was relieved to see she's still got an ear on what's happening in the underground dance world. The fact kids downloaded, streamed and watched BIM the most out of all the other RH songs should say something in my humble opinion!

MIA did it in 2007

Robyn did it in 2010

Beyonce did it in 2011

Chris Brown did it in 2011

Body Shop and Joan of Arc should have both been singles. The best of the bunch. Toby Gad all the way (Even though Iconic isn't great)

Iconic isn't great? You better be kiding.

MIA did it in 2007

Robyn did it in 2010

Beyonce did it in 2011

Chris Brown did it in 2011

None of those sound like BIM. And what's your point? That some other big peeps did trap music before? Trap is different from PC music by the way.. That's the greatness of BIM cuz there's many underground genres that are put together and it's still a nice blend but in my opinion the PC music break Sophie worked on is the most interesting and sends the tune to a complete different level.

Iconic isn't great? You better be kiding.

I don't love it, personally. It has huge potential, the chorus, verses, message.... and then that trap or drop or whatever we call it makes it sound like a big ole mess. Body Shop and JOA are tight Madonna songs made fresh. I also really like the production on Living For Love and Bitch I'm Madonna. But Toby Gad wins for me.

I like DJ Dahi's work.

Can Madonna not work with DJ's next time though? I mean what happened to the days where she hooked up with one of two musicians to make music?

Hasn't it been since Confessions that one of her records wasn't primarily produced by a DJ? I really want her to get away from DJ's on this next record.

Well didn't Toby do the demo? I only listed him as the main because all that was added to final mix honestly was a refinement in instruments, and an exta drum/bass track.

Ah, you may be right. It's very strange, if so, that DJ Dahi would appear first on the credits, as it's my understanding that whoever appears first gets the most credit = dollars.

Which is why Madonna appears first on all of them :lmao:

And I totally agree with whoever said that Diplo has produced better work elsewhere. Not to say that what he did with Madonna isn't great, it is, but it could have been SUPERB. And for whatever reason it's not.

Can Madonna not work with DJ's next time though? I mean what happened to the days where she hooked up with one of two musicians to make music?

Hasn't it been since Confessions that one of her records wasn't primarily produced by a DJ? I really want her to get away from DJ's on this next record.

Wasn't Stuart Price a DJ and are Timbaland/Danja/Timberlake or The Neptunes DJs? What about Kanye West or Billboard?