Best producer from Rebel Heart

ryan

Best Producer from Rebel Heart?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Best Producer from Rebel Heart?

• Diplo (Living For Love, Bitch I'm Madonna, Best Night, Veni Vidi Vici)
    • Blood Diamonds (Devil Pray, Beautiful Scars, Borrowed Time)
    • Billboard (Ghosttown)
    • Shelco Garcia & Teenwolf (Unapologetic Bitch)
    • Kanye West (Illuminati, Holy Water, Wash All Over Me, SEX, Auto-Tune Baby)
    • Madonna (Hold Tight)
    • Toby Gad (Joan of Arc, Iconic, Graffiti Heart, Body Shop)
    • Avicii (Heartbreakcity, Messiah, Rebel Heart, Addicted)
    • Mike Dean (Inside Out)

This is based only on the released tracks. Not the demos. Who do you think was the best producer from Rebel Heart?

I've been wanting to do this for a while now. It was kinda tricky as some songs are split between multiple teams.

Go here for the full credits: http://www.madonna.com/newalbum

I found this difficult because I'm a fan of Diplo more than Kanye West in general but when I look at it like this I have to vote Kanye. Least favourite producer would probably have been an easier one.

I was thinking of doing an addition polll for the least favorite, but was afraid the thread would get ugly and turn negative.

I think some of the low profile people like Toby Gad and Blood Diamonds really shined the most on the album, compared to some of the high profile people. But then I look at Kanye's work with Holy Water, SEX, and Illuminati and I'm just in awe over the production.

Madonna, judging from Hold Tight!!!

Pretty sure Diplo & Meckseper are responsible for the music, doubtful they only contributed lyrics.

There is also the Ryan Tedder ghost-producing theory (though he might have co-produced The Queen with The-Dream and that's why he was mentioned in the press release).

Kanye West easily.

There were a lot more people involved than those though, see HeartBreakCity or Iconic. All of the tracks were Avicii was given credit were done by Carl Falk etc, anyone's guess how big Avicii's actual involvement was...

Avicci was the main producer during that production session. But some of his tracks were re-worked by other people. I only wanted to have diversity present in the poll options, and not make people scratch their heads in confusion when looking at the poll. I could have Avicci listed for Devil Pray and Borrowed Time, but Blood Diamonds really re-worked it into their own. I think the biggest problems I had were for Body Shop and Iconic. Iconic started out as a Toby Gad production, but Blood Diamonds remixed Toby's final demo for the album. In my opinion, Toby is more present on the album version because you can hear his final demo through out it, but then again, Blood Diamonds additional production is pretty heavy. I only have it listed as Toby because Blood Diamonds were listed as additional producers. As for Body Shop, it's pretty obvious, when comparing the demo to the album version, that Toby and his team had more production credit than Blood Diamonds.

Guest Rocco Papa

I have to go with Diplo's fine ass.

Although, I must say Kanye pleasantly surprised me. What he did to Wash All Over Me is GLORIOUS.

Oh I know, it was not possible to make the poll like that, just wanted to point it out. Iconic has 5 producers credited though so we can't guess whose involvement was the most important. I don't think Avicii is actually the main producer on those songs, he's just the big name unlike Magnus Lidehall or Carl Falk, it's not like Messiah sounds like your typical Avicii song.

Whoop, why can't we vote for the album's best producer for all the other songs - Madonna? ;)

​Tough decision, but I voted Diplo for the joy BIM & LFL gave me last year. Blood Diamonds 2nd just for DP.

I was thinking of doing an addition polll for the least favorite, but was afraid the thread would get ugly and turn negative.

I think some of the low profile people like Toby Gad and Blood Diamonds really shined the most on the album, compared to some of the high profile people. But then I look at Kanye's work with Holy Water, SEX, and Illuminati and I'm just in awe over the production.

totally agree with this

it's really difficult to pick just one (i particularly love Gad's work). i just wonder how much of Avicii was in the final production of the tracks he's credited for....

(btw, if i read and remember correctly, diplo is involved in UB production too)

I voted Avicii (Messiah and Rebel Heart :drama: :drama: ), second is Blood Diamonds (Devil Pray :drama: ). But I like the work of all producers on this album! Fantastic work of art, so diverse and enjoyable :clap:

That's tough. I love the melodies created by Madonna and Avicii, they are the most 'Madonna' to me. But on the other hand I believe Diplo did the best on this album (I thought he produced Unapologetic Bitch?)

I honestly thought Diplo was the main producer of Unapologetic Bitch. I think that's the best song and best production on the album and I was going to say Diplo but looking at Kanye's work, it's hard to deny.

The last bit of Illuminati is so sick that it's almost the best beats on the record.

I would have said Diplo bc of LFL, UB, and BIM but he wasn't the main producer of UB (besides Madonna herself).

The Wiki page for UB:

"Unapologetic Bitch" was written by Madonna, Thomas Wesley Pentz, Shelco Garcia, Bryan Orellana, Maureen McDonald and Toby Gad, with production being done by Madonna, Garcia & Teenwolf, DV, Diplo and Ariel Rechtshaid. Diplo, Garcia & Teenwolf were the song's musicians, Demacio "Demo" Castellon and Nick Rowe were the song's engineers, with Castellon also serving as the song'smixer, Gad contributed to additional programming and Angie Teo to additional mixing.[9]

watch the video I posted above. Garcia and Teenwolf talk about how Diplo asked them if they had any new music they could use. They sent over what they had, and Diplo sent them back the track but with M's vocals on top.

like I said previously, I know a lot of songs have multiple producers involved. But I tried to limit the options to one person, and seeing that Garcia and Teenwolf had a larger part in the production, I decided to list them for just UB

I did watch the video and the volume is not great so it's hard to hear.

Ariel wouldn't be getting a production credit if things weren't changed. I doubt all Diplo did was lay the vocals over the top of their reggae song as they described it

Diplo all the way.

His production is just what Madonna needed for this album. They should have done more tracks like Bitch I'm Madonna though... Not in terms of lyrics if anybody is wondering but more in terms of production. That's where the future of music is going. Even the extra popular tunes he did with Bieber wouldn't have worked with Madonna. They needed something more original and ground breaking. If anything Madonna should have done more PC music tracks with Sophie.

Kanye West is good and he gave that dark street urban vibe people like but it's nothing new as he experimented that in his own albums expecially in Yeezus.

That's where the future of music is going.

No offense, I like BIM but it (or the production on it) is far from being 'the future of music'. It is the typical Diplo/Major Lazer sound that has been going on for years. This trap/fart noises sound is getting tired and I hope Madonna stays away from it on her next album.

Did not like production for LFL. Felt like with a better final mix it might have caught on better with GP. Dipole's other tracks are pretty amazing though.

Also, not sure overall who is best producer for the RH. Interested in reading everyone's thoughts and opinions.....