2016 Presidential Election Thread Part 2

Skin

I agree. Even if Hillary submits to a plea arrangement in the end, the fact that she needed to receive ultra sensitive information for her job and went to extraordinary lengths to avoid an account that could handle is going to be a campaign issue. That alone would cause anyone else to lose their top secret clearance. Imagine the kind of incompetence and corruption that awaits America should she become president.

Yep she sucks and esp. the sheep who lick her fungus ridden toes in denial. Shes been around for 2500 years and I was always indifferent/meh about her but most def. was for her in 2008. Her only 'time' was 2004/08 and we all know it. For someone who is such an 'inevitable super woman' must have always been a 'reason' (something about her) it didn't happen but even more so x 100 now. Like, love or hate him..I absolutely get why Trump is killing it/them all now!

Yep she sucks and esp. the sheep who lick her fungus ridden toes in denial. Shes been around for 2500 years and I was always indifferent/meh about her but most def. was for her in 2008. Her only 'time' was 2004/08 and we all know it. For someone who is such an 'inevitable super woman' must have always been a 'reason' (something about her) it didn't happen but even more so x 100 now. Like, love or hate him..I absolutely get why Trump is killing it/them all now!

Really? Because as of right now Trump is the only one Clinton beats by a landslide in a head to head match up.....

https://www.ijreview.com/2016/03/549699-donald-trump-loses-to-clinton-in-head-to-head-matchup/

The only thing Trump is killing is any microscopic amount of dignity left in the republican party.

Unless Sanders pulls off a huge upset on the 16th (Ohio, Florida, NC), Hillary will basically clinch the nomination that day. I imagine he will stay in for a while to promote his platform, but I don't think the math will be there for him to win.

It will be interesting to see whether he eventually puts his full support behind Clinton, or not.

It will be interesting to see whether he eventually puts his full support behind Clinton, or not.

I think he will. I think he knows the stakes are too high right now to play around.

I think he will. I think he knows the stakes are too high right now to play around.

Sanders might not have a choice now. She is the self proclaimed "most transparent public official in modern times" after all... :lol:

Hillary Clinton: "I've Been The Most Transparent Public Official In Modern Times"

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/03/04/hillary_clinton_ive_been_the_most_transparent_public_official_in_modern_times.html

Let's take a moment and think about media bias and its impact. If you turn on MSNBC, they lament that voter turn out on Super Tuesday was low for Democrats but Republicans are bringing in record numbers. And the Democrats in their homes lose their shit. "Why can't we have someone popular run?" And then they show a Bernie rally clip with screaming kids who (as I predicted) don't turn up and vote. And then they labor on and on about the phenomenon of Trump - a phenomenon that wins everywhere with only about a third of the vote - and that is considered a phenomenon.

And what don't they say on MSNBC?

Who got the most votes out of any candidate on Super Tuesday?

Hillary Clinton with 3.5 million votes.

But, turn out is low for Democrats. And there's no enthusiasm on the Democratic side.

And Democrats continue to say she's not trust worthy.

Etc.

Because you, like so many, are eating out of Karl Rove's hands and don't realize it.

After all these years, you know exactly what you are getting with Hillary. She's predictable. That is the definition of trustworthy in politics. I'm with her.

Maybe the Democratic turnout is low not because of lack of enthusiasm but because a lot of Democrats are fine with either candidate. I like both Hillary and Bernie. I really don't have a strong preference. I'm fine with either of them getting the nomination. It doesn't mean the people who don't vote the primaries won't turn out in the general election to vote Democratic.

Whereas in the Republican primary, there are a lot of Republicans who have a strong preference and really don't want some candidate to win and are saying they would never vote for him in a general election. There are the anti-Trump Republicans and Trump supporters who really dislike one of the other candidates, mostly Ted Cruz, largely because of the negative tone of the Republican campaign.

Maybe the Democratic turnout is low not because of lack of enthusiasm but because a lot of Democrats are fine with either candidate. I like both Hillary and Bernie. I really don't have a strong preference. I'm fine with either of them getting the nomination. It doesn't mean the people who don't vote the primaries won't turn out in the general election to vote Democratic.

Whereas in the Republican primary, there are a lot of Republicans who have a strong preference and really don't want some candidate to win and are saying they would never vote for him in a general election. There are the anti-Trump Republicans and Trump supporters who really dislike one of the other candidates, mostly Ted Cruz, largely because of the negative tone of the Republican campaign.

AGREE completely... You have a great point as to why there's low turnout for Dems and record turnouts for Republicans... What's unfolding in the Republican party is really fascinating, it's like a reality series. I have US relatives and most of them are Republicans and they are for Trump. Same sentiment as others, fed up with the DC Establishment politics... quite understandable really...

Is there an election today? (Saturday). I thought the next one was Tuesday in Michigan. We're getting bombarded right now with all the candidates.

Is there an election today? (Saturday). I thought the next one was Tuesday in Michigan. We're getting bombarded right now with all the candidates.

Yeah, a few states are having primaries/caucuses. Louisiana (Democrats/Republicans), Kansas (Democrats/Republicans), Nebraska (Democrats), Kentucky (Republicans), and Maine (Republicans).

Yep I'm watching the returns right now. Lying Ted is beating Trump in Kansas.

Scary stuff. But one small bright spot I think Trump is ahead of what McCain and Romney got for second place and Cruz hasn't won by as much as Huckabee and Santorum in 2008 and 2012

Always been personally very interested in the psychology behind politics, especially in US where the country has been bitterly divided for a long time. Think Hilary can still beat Trump by at least several points in the general election, but Rubio might definitely sabotage her chances if he was the nominee. Rubio would definitely start getting part of the US hispanic vote that republican establishment are dying to obtain. Republicans have been terrible at courting hispanics because a portion of the base is xenophobic/racist, but believe Rubio can start changing the game which is not good for democrats.

Still hate scumbag Cruz and at least dumb fuck Carson dropped out. Kasich seems to be less of a rigid ideologue.

Could you imagine if the GOP's only option to beat Trump is....Ted Cruz. This must be a living nightmare for them and they have no one to blame except themselves

It looks like Cruz will win Kansas and Maine caucuses today and gain a few more delegates over Trump. Trump should win Louisiana. How goes Kentucky?

You are entirely correct on this front. Voter turnout in primaries is always low - so even that Republicans are having large turnout now, it's not as many people as will vote in November.

And as the media narrative for a year has largely been that Clinton is inevitable, Democrats don't have much impetus to vote - unless they are strongly in favor of one of the two. They are much more the same than they are different - and I will support whoever is the nominee come November - but like 8 years ago, Hillary will have my vote in the primary.

Let's take a moment and think about media bias and its impact. If you turn on MSNBC, they lament that voter turn out on Super Tuesday was low for Democrats but Republicans are bringing in record numbers. And the Democrats in their homes lose their shit. "Why can't we have someone popular run?" And then they show a Bernie rally clip with screaming kids who (as I predicted) don't turn up and vote. And then they labor on and on about the phenomenon of Trump - a phenomenon that wins everywhere with only about a third of the vote - and that is considered a phenomenon.

And what don't they say on MSNBC?

Who got the most votes out of any candidate on Super Tuesday?

Hillary Clinton with 3.5 million votes.

But, turn out is low for Democrats. And there's no enthusiasm on the Democratic side.

And Democrats continue to say she's not trust worthy.

Etc.

Because you, like so many, are eating out of Karl Rove's hands and don't realize it.

After all these years, you know exactly what you are getting with Hillary. She's predictable. That is the definition of trustworthy in politics. I'm with her.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Isn't it funny how Marco Rubio is branded as the 'young and fresh' candidate when he's only a little over 5 months younger than Ted Cruz

It's all that water he guzzles. Water is very good for your skin.

csw-featured-skin-471119_500x300.png

You are entirely correct on this front. Voter turnout in primaries is always low - so even that Republicans are having large turnout now, it's not as many people as will vote in November.

And as the media narrative for a year has largely been that Clinton is inevitable, Democrats don't have much impetus to vote - unless they are strongly in favor of one of the two. They are much more the same than they are different - and I will support whoever is the nominee come November - but like 8 years ago, Hillary will have my vote in the primary.

Well, someone (or many) voted for Sanders in Kansas today because he has been declared the winner, but still no hard numbers reported. More vote shenanigans no doubt...very mysterious...:(

Well, someone (or many) voted for Sanders in Kansas today because he has been declared the winner, but still no hard numbers reported. More vote shenanigans no doubt...very mysterious...:(

What is mysterious about this? Do people really suspect "shenanigans" at every turn?

Sanders will win Kansas and Nebraska, as expected; Clinton will win Louisiana, as expected.

We caucus in Maine tomorrow, and this state is always unpredictable although I feel Sanders may win. We only have 35 delgates, though.

Clinton will win Michigan on Tuesday, then clinch the nomination on the 16th. Sanders will probably stay in, but the math won't be there for him to win at that point.

There are no surprises here.

What is mysterious about this? Do people really suspect "shenanigans" at every turn?

Sanders will win Kansas and Nebraska, as expected; Clinton will win Louisiana, as expected.

We caucus in Maine tomorrow, and this state is always unpredictable although I feel Sanders may win. We only have 35 delgates, though.

Clinton will win Michigan on Tuesday, then clinch the nomination on the 16th. Sanders will probably stay in, but the math won't be there for him to win at that point.

For whatever reason they probably wanted to wait until Louisiana polls closed before releasing the Sanders numbers. It was being questioned every place final vote tallies were being posted so I obviously wasn't the only one that had never seen that kind of reporting before.

After today's results Hillary Clinton will be just a tiny bit short of having 50% of the delegates needed for the nomination. Despite winning 2 states today, according to delegate math and targets, Bernie is further behind his target with delegates than he was at the start of the day.

The poor Republicans. They have to choose between Cruz and Trump.

That's like having to choose between Hitler and the anti-Christ.

Bernie is totally going to win Maine tomorrow, er today. He's not only trailing Clinton in delegates. He's also about 1.4 million behind her in the popular vote count too. There is nothing shady going on to deny him the nomination. Hillary is by far and away winning this thing. Barring a massive upset, the nomination is hers.

Carson dropping out on the GOP side has clearly helped Cruz the most. I thought for sure his being an "outsider" would send his voters to Trump, but it looks like Cruz is getting them. I think the Marcobot is probably done. I read today that Rubio has stopped all media spending in Ohio and is putting all his chips on his home state of Florida. However, with 2 weeks to go, I seriously doubt he can gain the pole position in such a short period of time. Florida is "winner-take-all" (for delegates), so a win here will be a boon for Trump or Cruz.