2016 Presidential Election Thread Part 2

Skin

It's not even worth it to go into it. People that hate him will hate him. People that love him will love him. He was never meant to be the 2nd coming of Christ. No President is every going to be perfect on every single issue.

I am with you. He is a good President. Not perfect, but seriously when the other option was McCain/Palin, we were infinitely better off with Obama.

I hate to break it to everyone, but your political utopia isn't happening any time soon. If everyone wants the U.S. to become isolationist I guarantee our departure would be substituted with Russian or Chinese interests. And those wouldn't be better influences by a long shot judging by how they treat their own populations.

I am with you. He is a good President. Not perfect, but seriously when the other option was McCain/Palin, we were infinitely better off with Obama.

I hate to break it to everyone, but your political utopia isn't happening any time soon. If everyone wants the U.S. to become isolationist I guarantee our departure would be substituted with Russian or Chinese interests. And those wouldn't be better influences by a long shot judging by how they treat their own populations.

Not to mention even though I support Bernie over Hillary do people really think he is going to be able to get a lot of what he wants to do through? Running for President and being President are two different beasts. Like I always say you don't get to vote between Candidate A, and Candidate Perfect. You vote for who you think has the best moral compass and just hope for the best. Change in this country in many cases takes a lot of time.

I think history will view Obama in a VERY positive light.

Why has this US Security issue "become" so important? They keep touting that forever while the US government and the NSA continue to impose a permament state of unrest and militarisation all over the world, together with the EU, NATO, Israel and the UN of course.

Why filling the audience ears day in day out with the constant "you are under threat, we're here to protect you" rethoric while single-handedly creating themselves the conditions for the global powder keg to go off? That happens in Europe as well of course, I'm not saying the contrary but people in the US tend for some reason to take all of that rethoric a little more literally/blindly.

Still having faith that when Donald is put up against (more then likely Hillary) the vast majority of people will reject Trump. I just don't see how someone like him could win with simply a coalition of older angry white voters. I don't think its possible, but people on the left need to get out and fucking VOTE! If a lot of people sit out because they don't care for Hillary and are upset that Bernie didn't get the nomination you only have yourselves to blame if we are saying "President Trump".

Wait Trump won the latino vote in Nevada. Omg. Lol

Guess they want the wall lol

Well I am sure there are a handful of latino republicans just like there are a handful of black republicans. Doesn't mean in any sense that the VAST majority of latinos will vote republican which is slim to none. It's like saying okay there are 100 black republicans in Nevada and out of that 100, 80 went to Trump. Does that mean Trump is winning the black vote? Not at all.

Yes Trump has a very solid base among republicans but like has been said, he also has the highest negative rating of any frontrunner in recent memory and I don't see him winning people over. If anything the more he goes on I think the more he will turn that majority of Americans off.

I'm actually not surprised by that at all. Look at the attitude many black Republicans have towards the black population at large and imagine the latino Republican equivalent; it would lead to supporting Trump.

I'm actually not surprised by that at all. Look at the attitude many black Republicans have towards the black population at large and imagine the latino Republican equivalent; it would lead to supporting Trump.

And lets not forget that there are a small amount of gay republicans also. Lets just say for the sake of it that this small amount in Nevada went for Trump. The headline would be, "Gays Break For Trump!" but in reality on a large scale, no gay man with any self worth is voting for that pig when it comes to the national election.

I don't even know what to say anymore....get used to it ??? :p

U.S. judge orders discovery to go forward over Clinton’s private email system

Oh please. This is a cockamamie story. Huma is nothing short of a consummate professional and a very kind person. They're grasping at straws. And the continuous claims that she somehow "must be tied to the Muslim brotherhood" are xenophobic and I'm sick and tired of it and of the lies and falsehoods and Republican-manufactured propaganda people continually spew about Hillary and her camp. The email thing is SUCH bullshit at this point that it's unbelievable that people are STILL talking about it. It's sad. Get a fucking life.

Oh please. This is a cockamamie story. Huma is nothing short of a consummate professional and a very kind person. They're grasping at straws. And the continuous claims that she somehow "must be tied to the Muslim brotherhood" are xenophobic and I'm sick and tired of it and of the lies and falsehoods and Republican-manufactured propaganda people continually spew about Hillary and her camp. The email thing is SUCH bullshit at this point that it's unbelievable that people are STILL talking about it. It's sad. Get a fucking life.

Is it a cockamamie story when Trump is being deposed ? :p

Bringing new meaning to being a country of laws. Both front-runners now facing legal problems:

https://www.yahoo.com/politics...

I'm may be in the minority when I say this, but I think if Hillary faces Donald Trump in a general election, that could work really well in her favour. With what Trump and Republicans will throw her way, the Clintons always do well in these situations I.e. Hillary poll numbers increasing after 11 hours of that hearing.

Also, I get the feeling that things are kind of over for Bernie, still a bit to go, but I don't see him lasting that long once the math isn't on his side

Trump won Nevada, but there were all kinds of allegations of voting irregularities and fraud. People allegedly were voting twice, id's were not checked by poll workers and poll workers were seen wearing Trump t shirts and hats.

Trump also said in a speech he loves the poorly educated people! Of course he does, they're his biggest supporters!

Nothing

Trump won Nevada, but there were all kinds of allegations of voting irregularities and fraud. People allegedly were voting twice, id's were not checked by poll workers and poll workers were seen wearing Trump t shirts and hats.

Trump also said in a speech he loves the poorly educated people! Of course he does, they're his biggest supporters!

Nothing wrong with hard working blue collar folks. Those are the voters (white) that Hillary desperately courted and went for her in 2008 over Obama. Trump actually won Nevada with more votes in 2016 than voted in the entire Nevada GOP caucus in 2012....so if these were less educated Democrats they would be rejected for what, supporting supporting an entitled, elitist and inevitable candidate ??

GOP contests in Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina have drawn more than 1.2 million voters, up 24 percent over 2012.In sharp contrast, the showdown between Hillary and Bernie has drawn just 510,000 voters, down 21 percent from the last contested Democratic primaries in 2008. Nevada alone was up 2X the GOP voters in 2012.

OK, one more:

There was also a poll that said 20% of Trump's supporters think the slaves should not have been freed. I"m not against blue collar working people or "elitist"as you imply, but Trump is drawing a lot of ignorant and less educated people and appealing to their worst fears instead of informing them and raising them to a higher level as the best leaders do.

Nothing

Nothing wrong with hard working blue collar folks. Those are the voters (white) that Hillary desperately courted and went for her in 2008 over Obama. Trump actually won Nevada with more votes in 2016 than voted in the entire Nevada GOP caucus in 2012....so if these were less educated Democrats they would be rejected for what, supporting supporting an entitled, elitist and inevitable candidate ??

GOP contests in Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina have drawn more than 1.2 million voters, up 24 percent over 2012.In sharp contrast, the showdown between Hillary and Bernie has drawn just 510,000 voters, down 21 percent from the last contested Democratic primaries in 2008. Nevada alone was up 2X the GOP voters in 2012.

OK, one more:

People on the republican side are fired up. The dem side? I stick by what I say. I think most really don't care if its Bernie or Hillary and are happy with either.

Plus of course your side is going to get WAY more votes when the republicans started out with a billion people to pick from and the dem side only had 3.

There was also a poll that said 20% of Trump's supporters think the slaves should not have been freed........

Is this the same poll that said Trump supporters are 11X more likely to expect sex on the first date versus others? Who's doing these polls?

Is this the same poll that said Trump supporters are 11X more likely to expect sex on the first date versus others? Who's doing these polls?

The 20% thing was an analysis from The New York Times.

From an international point-of-view this whole Trump thing is really reflecting badly on America. It's almost reminding me of the George W. Bush years. I'm just basing this from an Australian perspective and here it seems almost unbelievable that such a person could potentially be leader. And this is coming from the same country that had Tony Abbott as Prime Minister.

So sad that voters are split into ethnicity, gender, size and income in the land of the free. :-/

That's coz brightonz like you support Hilly Billy