2016 Presidential Election Thread Part 2

Skin

Guest Pud Whacker

Not looks like a GQ model rather the "look" or personality of a leader. Sanders doesn't have it at all even Trump has more and i'm a democrat.

Read the silly Time magazine article then on this exact subject!

of course. since the beginning of time.

lincolnSUM_1811021c.jpg

To the US citizens here, do you feel current US economic policies are really more international friendly rather than domestic?

I'm not sure if I interpreted your question correctly, but people want to pay next to nothing in the US (and basically everywhere else) for all their shit. It's unfeasible to mass produce goods, pay very little for such goods and also pay factory workers decent wages (30,000+/year or whatever). That's why so many U.S. companies either get with the times, send their factories overseas or die.

The U.S. is still an incredibly productive country and not all factories have moved overseas, but it's a trend and I don't think there's much U.S. lawmakers can do the way things are right now for them to force companies to stay in the U.S. It's bad for business, as ugly as that may sound.

Just as an example, my ex's mother owned a factory that produced these microchips for medical equipment. She HAD to hire people who were willing to work for minimum wage or go under (illegals). She eventually went out of business because a) she simply couldn't find enough workers who were willing to do the incredibly tedious job for such little pay, and b) companies turned to Chinese producers that charged a fraction of the price as she did. It sucks but had she invested her money in, I don't know, a maquildaroa in Baja California (part of NAFTA), she may have survived.

When it comes to migrant workers, it's also unfeasible to pay very little for produce and pay pickers decent wages for Americans. What kind of American families can take up seasonal jobs that require backbreaking labor for 8 hours or more per day for minimum wage and feed their children, pay their mortgages, pay their medical expenses, send their kids to college, etc. It's not that their lazy (as some people always say), they just literally can't survive off of that work, it's not worth it. And migrant workers have no rights because a lot of them are in the U.S. illegally so it's so easy to point the finger at them and blame them for all our problems, even though if you think about it they're just filling in the gaps for all those jobs the U.S. can't cover (like in my ex's mom's case).

A looooooot of things need to change in America before we even start thinking of moving in the right direction. I honestly think Bernie Sanders is the man for the job. I think he has what it takes to plant the seeds we need to finally START moving in the right direction. He's not going to fix America, but he's the push back to the left that we desperately need. And even though I don't like Obama because of other issues, I think he's done a fantastic job at stabilising the country and allowing the next commander in chief to really start moving us in the right direction.

Hilary Clinton for me is 4 - 8 more years of basically moving in the same direction we've been moving in. That's not going to fix anything.

Do you guys think that Bernie will appoint Elizabeth Warren as his Vice President? I can see that happening, or at the very least, having her as a part of his cabinet

Warren is a warrior for the lower and middle class. I don't know about Vice President but I do see a cabinet position.

I want Cory Booker to enter the mix one day also. Mark my words That man will be President one day, and possibly the first openly gay President. (Though Cory has never come out, but there is tons of chatter that yes he is a gay man.)

He's not going to fix America, but he's the push back to the left that we desperately need. And even though I don't like Obama because of other issues, I think he's done a fantastic job at stabilising the country and allowing the next commander in chief to really start moving us in the right direction.

Hilary Clinton for me is 4 - 8 more years of basically moving in the same direction we've been moving in. That's not going to fix anything.

We disagree on Obama of course. I have so much respect for the man even if I don't agree with him on everything, but I do agree that he has laid the groundwork with many things for someone like a Bernie to come along and really start building on it. He really would be the perfect person to pass the torch to in order to keep moving harder in the right direction.

^^ :stir: Funny, you two dream of that, because for myself, as someone on the "other side," that is my worst nightmare. It's quite funny, actually.

Are you a republican? Because I block republicans from my life.

Okay..saw it. Trump was indeed on Fox this morning and said he'd strongly 'consider' judges who'd make it a states issue.... ramble ramble. But Chris Wallace kept pushing and pushing the question vs. Trump truly wanting to talk and obsess about it. He *clearly was pandering and pimpin' his faux right wing shit to gets them nut bag bible thumpers tomorrow night. However, if you see the clip he almost tried to dodge the question and basically highlighted it wasn't a 'priority' and said there are way other more important things to deal with now. Out of all the Rethug fucktards he's def. one of the very few haven't been OCD over it like Cruz, Rubio, Jeb!, Fuckabee, Carson. Besides Trump only Kasich has basically been the only one to not make it or a women's anatomy a 'top priority' :#. Scary shit.

I really have no fucking idea why RBG didn't retire at least 1.5 years ago when the Dems had control of the Senate! She's been on/off very sick for years now. WTF is she doing? Almost painful watching/listening to her. Looks like she's on her 8 1/2 life/ clinging to life by a thread. Used to love her but her not retiring shows she's only thinking of herself. Does this self absorbed old crone who looks/acts like she's 110 vs 81/82 and thisclose to toppling over actually think she's got a good shot at staying/surviving on the bench well into her 90s :ohmy:

Warren is a warrior for the lower and middle class. I don't know about Vice President but I do see a cabinet position.

I want Cory Booker to enter the mix one day also. Mark my words That man will be President one day, and possibly the first openly gay President. (Though Cory has never come out, but there is tons of chatter that yes he is a gay man.)

I ALWAYS THOUGHT SO! That would be a dream come true for the gay community. I think he will run in 2024.

Do you guys think that Bernie will appoint Elizabeth Warren as his Vice President? I can see that happening, or at the very least, having her as a part of his cabinet

No. As Senator, she actually has more influence than a VP, believe it or not. And she can go after Wall Street in Senate hearings. Being VP means you have to tow the line of the President, and she could really run on her own for President if she wanted. The base would back her. VP pick doesn't typically help the the Presidential candidate that much (but it can hurt them - Sarah Palin).

You sound too certain about Cory Booker, I bet you wanna ride his dick.

What the fuck, what's going on??? Who's winning? I just realized I have no idea how caucuses work!

The voting in Iowa doesn't start for another 2-3 hours and it will take a few hours after that to tabulate results. We should know (or have some ideas of) who the winners are by about 10PM Eastern tonight. Hopefully. If the numbers are super close, it might take until tomorrow morning.

Ted Cruz is just as big of a piece of shit as Trump but I want Trump to lose soooooooo bad.

Did anyone see that nut job from Duck Dynasty at a Cruz rally going off on gay marriage?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRJYArlnYYo

AGAIN this is just one reason why if its Hillary the BITCH GETS MY VOTE ANYWAY!!!!!!

The voting in Iowa doesn't start for another 2-3 hours and it will take a few hours after that to tabulate results. We should know (or have some ideas of) who the winners are by about 10PM Eastern tonight. Hopefully. If the numbers are super close, it might take until tomorrow morning.

Hopefully it will be faster for the GOP since they actually have a secret ballot for the first time this year. Which if anything would seem to be a secret advantage for Trump if people don't have to voice their preference out loud in a normal caucus format. :lol: We should have a good idea which candidates will benefit once we get a good idea as to the turnout. :popcorn2:

Hopefully it will be faster for the GOP since they actually have a secret ballot for the first time this year. Which if anything would seem to be a secret advantage for Trump if people don't have to voice their preference out loud in a normal caucus format. :lol: We should have a good idea which candidates will benefit once we get a good idea as to the turnout. :popcorn2:

It very well may be. The secret ballot option is going to help Trump a lot unless Cruz can turn out a ton of evangelical voters.

That aforementioned Microsoft software might also speed the results tonight if people actually use it to report their precinct results. Also, Iowa is due for a huge snowstorm tonight (after 10PM) so I bet people will be in a hurry to get their votes in and get the fuck home.

I think Rubio is going to do better than expected. He won't win, but his voter turnout is going to be stronger than people predict.

According to entrance polls, Hillary was leading Bernie by about 6% but that was when people were going in. Once you are in the caucus, many people change their minds. Bernie could still pull it off. Turnout is said to be high, although I am not sure if he is getting Obama's 2008 turnout which was massive.