The Rebel Heart era has restored Madonna's relevance & connection to her audience

Now Madonna will never be irrelevant - she's Madonna after all. And of course she's never been truly disconnected from her core audience. That being said, there had been some damage to her brand during the MDNA era for various reasons (I won't go into it again in detail, those of you with common sense know that I'm talking about).

She has repaired so much of that damage during this absolutely wonderful era. Despite some of the hardships, overall she has restored her status as the last remaining megastar and the most intriguing woman of our time.

* The leaks

* The BRITs fall

* The positive reviews for Rebel Heart album

* "Bitch I'm Madonna" video

* Her Instagram account

* The positive reception for the Rebel Heart Tour

In addition to many of the TV performances, interviews, magazine covers etc.

It was just so nice during this era to see her face everywhere. My friends and coworkers knew she had an album out, they talked about the BRITs, the leaks, the tour etc. I can't tell you the number of times people said to me "Her new song is really nice!" referring either to "Ghosttown" or "Bitch I'm Madonna".

It has just been nice to see The QUEEN right back where she belongs during this era.

I think that's it.

Guest Rocco Papa

Promotion for MDNA was at an all-time low and it was annoying for her to be juggling an album with so many other side projects (shoes, perfume, clothing line, etc.). But I wouldn't necessarily call that "damage to her brand." Not quite sure what you're referring to there. The album hit number 1 on Billboard 200 and the tour was the top grossing tour of 2012. I guess I lack common sense. :laugh:

But this era definitely made up for the little promotion we received last time. It's been great to see her on magazine covers (Rolling Stone, Cosmo) and on so many TV shows (Ellen, Fallon, Today, Jonathan Ross, Grammys). Not to mention that the album is her best work in a decade and the tour is outstanding!

Something about MDNA era felt pretty off, but still was fantastic for sure. RH era seemed to flow better, but there were some BUMPS along the road as well. The album continues to grow on me after all this time though. Madonna deserves the public recognition and praise!

I completely agree. This was the first time since Confessions that I was proud to be a fan. The singles, the rest of the album, the videos, the tour.. I was floored.

MDNA did not help her in my opinion. She didn't gain any new fans during that era and probably lost a few. The quality was just not there and it felt lazy (TUTR video, anyone?).

Long Live Rebel Heart.

What i loved most about this era is how united fans have been! Most of all love this album to tears, and connect with so many things on them! It's like a big "eat all you want" restaurant, everybody can eat their favourites!

By the way, i block a MONG from Facebook which was critisizing the album A YEAR AFTER! I knew him from Instagram, met him in Barcelona before the concert and he was one of those annoying fans which are always complaning and "missing" something. he told me then that he missed "the bitch and horny Madonna". Yes, that mong he was.

And then i posted about the 20 million illegal downloads and he started moaning about the unknown producers and i felt all Hector when i pushed "block" and i felt so much better

Let's all walk towards the light.

One of the best eras to date! I love everything about it. I love the lyrics, the videos, the promo, the tour. it's so personal.

I made my friends listen to my favourite songs from rebel heart and they all loved it, while some of them didn't like some MDNA-Songs.

Then there is this stunning tour and all those fantastic reviews that come with it!

It's just perfect and the whole era reflects everything that I love about Madonna!

This has been a great era for her and us! She made a strong album and she was in love with it. So many promos (tv / magazines / radio) that I lost count a while ago. Good reviews (critics and fans). Magnificent tour and rave reviews! Beautiful music videos.

This has been the best era AND album since COADF.

This felt like a TRUE Madonna era. And I have loved every second of it.

MDNA lacked because the music wasn't up to her usual standards, among other aspects of that era as well but it was mostly the music. Not to mention she barely had a social networking presence then.

I still to this day don't understand why she didn't realize how big that album needed to be. She needed to drop RH then, after so many years away and so many new wannabes who sprung up between 09-12

If Rebel Heart had been the record she dropped after the Super Bowl it would have been massive. This era was massive in every way except that she didn't score a proper hit. But I view the 3 main sinlges and the first 4 songs from the record to now be M classics

I completely agree. This was the first time since Confessions that I was proud to be a fan. The singles, the rest of the album, the videos, the tour.. I was floored.

Agree that RH is the most proud I've been of Madonna since Confessions, but still LOVE and have RESPECT for almost all her work.

I thought the MDNA tour was brilliant, one of her very best.

Yes! The tour was mind blowing - a real tour de force.

MDNA lacked because the music wasn't up to her usual standards, among other aspects of that era as well but it was mostly the music. Not to mention she barely had a social networking presence then.

I still to this day don't understand why she didn't realize how big that album needed to be. She needed to drop RH then, after so many years away and so many new wannabes who sprung up between 09-12

If Rebel Heart had been the record she dropped after the Super Bowl it would have been massive. This era was massive in every way except that she didn't score a proper hit. But I view the 3 main sinlges and the first 4 songs from the record to now be M classics

I've said this for years. I thought for sure she'd release this massive banger that would remind everyone why she was Madonna. Then we got 'GMAYL' :(

She absolutely lost fans during the MDNA era. It wasn't due to lack of promotion, per se'. It was because the music was well below standards for Madonna's casual fans. Hell, it was below standards for many die-hard fans. I think of 'LFL' opening up the Super Bowl that year and I get goosebumps. A performance of that song to such a large audience would've almost guaranteed her another number one. Ah well, it's all hindsight.

This era has been so magical in so many ways. The entire album seemed to coincide with so many events going on in my personal life. I will certainly look back on this era with fond nostalgia decades from now.... She really did something special for just about any and every kind of fan... :smooch::madgemanson:

Guest Rocco Papa

I've said this for years. I thought for sure she'd release this massive banger that would remind everyone why she was Madonna. Then we got 'GMAYL' :(

She absolutely lost fans during the MDNA era. It wasn't due to lack of promotion, per se'. It was because the music was well below standards for Madonna's casual fans. Hell, it was below standards for many die-hard fans. I think of 'LFL' opening up the Super Bowl that year and I get goosebumps. A performance of that song to such a large audience would've almost guaranteed her another number one. Ah well, it's all hindsight.

This era has been so magical in so many ways. The entire album seemed to coincide with so many events going on in my personal life. I will certainly look back on this era with fond nostalgia decades from now.... She really did something special for just about any and every kind of fan... :smooch::madgemanson:

If she lost fans during the MDNA era, I question what kind of fans they were in the first place. Sometimes artists release work you're not gonna like. Is that a reason to turn in your fan card?

I do agree with what you said, though. It's funny, because I was actually thinking the very same thing the other night. But I'm actually happier that the album came out now, rather than a few years ago. It's more special to me because of where I am in my life at this point. I'll definitely be looking back on this era with fond memories for years to come!