Rebel Heart 4th most illegally downloaded album of 2015

According to Shady Music Facts

These were the most illegally downloaded albums of 2015 with over 20 million illegal downloads each

Adele "25"
Justin Bieber "Purpose"
The Weeknd "Beauty Behind The Madness"
Madonna "Rebel Heart"

I think it shows that Madonna still has huge interest but people no longer feel they need to go and buy a physical copy and will spend their money on a 'new' artist. However, it could mean people didn't warm to the tracks enough to buy it. Still, she's still up there!

According to Shady Music Facts

These were the most illegally downloaded albums of 2015 with over 20 million illegal downloads each

Adele "25"

Justin Bieber "Purpose"

The Weeknd "Beauty Behind The Madness"

Madonna "Rebel Heart"

I think it shows that Madonna still has huge interest but people no longer feel they need to go and buy a physical copy and will spend their money on a 'new' artist. However, it could mean people didn't warm to the tracks enough to buy it. Still, she's still up there!

Do you a have a link to this information? I'd like to forward it to some people.

By the way, this afternoon I took a long walk by the beach. As usual, there were these pushcarts where they sell pirated CDs like it's the most natural thing… and guess what was playing loud as thunder in one of them? BODY SHOP. In a very strange way, "Rebel Heart" is a very popular album.

I was surprised at the Paris shows how basically the whole audience knew the words to every RH song since it didn't do so well in sales. That kind of explains it.

Interesting. But how do they know this, I wonder...?!

They will look at the torrents being shared - Game of Thrones was the most illegally downloaded series last year.

You can pay for services that track internet traffic to websites etc.

This kind of possibly proves the speculation I made in another thread about Madonna winning all these year end polls that our online "stan" base had no clue about to bombard until after the results were said and done.

I wondered if Rebel Heart had made way more of an impact then we thought based on its sales alone, and that maybe a lot of people did give the album a try (sadly illegally) and they loved it. These stats would pretty much fit into my theory.

I wonder how this affected streaming. Like if people who downloaded Rebel Hear illegally preferred the demos/unreleased tracks, so they didn't bother to purchase it or at least stream it legitimately? Could it have been one of the top streamed albums on Spotify for example, at least, if the leaks did not happen?

All the download links I found had the full album plus all the unreleased tracks/demos.

Ah well. At least it seems like the album illegally or not reached a lot of ears.

Hopefully her team can keep the lid on the album until its actual release next time and a lot of these people might opt in to buy it instead.

I believe that despite the poor sales, RH really reached her fans in a big way and have helped the tour a lot. I remember a lot of fans complaining about her including songs from MDNA in the last tour and nobody even really knew the lyrics, whereas with RH i'm sure every fan there knows them!

And this is not surprise. Just think how many people are buying albums nowadays but how many people are going to concerts. Some people rather spend 120 euro in a ticket than 12 euro in an album.

No surprise. On tour when she sang Holy Water and Devil Pray the crowd knew the words..

And it wasn't even an English speaking crowd.