True Blue Era

Guest Pud Whacker

Guest Pud Whacker

If we're talking mixes, it's all about the Open Your Heart extended mix. Ten minutes of aural pleasure!

I can only find an edited version as all the others have been removed.

love this one jonski!!! its the WTG version basically!!! i still have the 12 inch.

This whole album has always put me in a very happy, positive mood. It really is a feel-good album.

Plus, Live to Tell really spoke to me when I was 11/12 years old. The line, "The light that you could never see/It shines inside you can't take that from me," meant so much to me at that time. It still does.

Here's a clip from MTV around that time, looking back on 1986:

The line that always touched me is when she says, "If I ran away, I'd never get to far..."

Also, the "will I grow old?" line made me think about the future...mine and Madonna's. :o

Guest Rocco Papa

The line that always touched me is when she says, "If I ran away, I'd never get to far..."

Also, the "will I grow old?" line made me think about the future...mine and Madonna's. :o

It's a beautiful song with beautiful lyrics! :thumbsup:

I was there that night. Waited in front of nbc since 4am that morning. She was everything!

You FUCKER. I was there with you in spirit.

LICK ASS

I was there that night. Waited in front of nbc since 4am that morning. She was everything!

I don't think she did any promo in the uk for the true blue album as she was so big she didn't need to.

We occasionally saw bits of interviews or pictures on papers but very little. It was only thanks to the internet that we saw these interviews.

After she appeared on Top of the Pops at Christmas 84, she didn't return to the UK until the WTG tour in summer of 87! She was so huge she just didn't need to do that much promo.

You Can Dance was meant to be released in December 86 but I went into the shop and they'd released Open Your Heart instead! It was z complete shock as I'd heard nothing about it!

This whole album has always put me in a very happy, positive mood. It really is a feel-good album.

Plus, Live to Tell really spoke to me when I was 11/12 years old. The line, "The light that you could never see/It shines inside you can't take that from me," meant so much to me at that time. It still does.

This was really interesting viewing, thx for posting!!

If we're talking mixes, it's all about the Open Your Heart extended mix. Ten minutes of aural pleasure!

I can only find an edited version as all the others have been removed.

I love the dog barking sound effect!!!

This is such a great album! I've found myself playing Where's the Party on an almost daily basis lately. Very underrated song!!

Guest Pud Whacker

BEST EVER!!!

this era always to me seemed like it was from a completely different person to the Madonna that was before and came after. The songs and videos were awesome though. I never liked the librarian look at all, it was definitely a g rated family friendly era I mean even when Madonna became Esther she still had a bit of an edge to her.

True Blue has to be one of my favourite Madonna album. Every track is a classic and not one single filler (the only others IMO are the 1st album and LAP). I can listen to the whole album from start to finish on repeat without skipping any track even today. Even today, the album doesn't sound dated at all. That is why i love her so much because she never release anything cheesy that sounds dated after 1 year. She is always so ahead of time!

Plus, the album cover is so ICONIC! Looking back at it now, the one thing that jumps out are those THICK eyebrows! Thank gawd the pre-eyebrows plucking days are long gone ;)

There is a very interesting interview with Jeri Heiden, the cover designer from madonna tribe ...

http://www.madonnatribe.com/idol/jeri.htm