Rebel Heart Year End Mentions!

Madonna's #RebelHeartTour received the Music Nation Award as the best concert of the 2015!

Grammy performance was most watched moment of the show.

#LivingForLove won as best dance song, best pop performance song & song of the year at The Music Nation Awards 2015!

French website mcm.fr named Madonna's "Rebel Heart" as the 7th best album of 2015. #RebelHeart

#RebelHeart managed to be the #4 best-selling international female album of 2015 in Brazil, even though it leaked.

Attitude's top 2015 albums - #6!

I know the album isn't #32 WW anymore...#36..?

If you have anymore add them here! :)

12466129_10205456288633240_9057643965491

Wasn't her Grammy performance the most watched moment during the show?

Yes, look how horrible my image came out. can someone help me make a better one with ALL the stuff we can get together. We already have almost 10 more than I have. It'll look so good and also the platinum and gold status in Italy.

Thank God the music press hasn't forgotten RB! Looks like it's getting more praise and acknowledgment now than when it was released! Maybe these journalists realised how much shit was released in the last 12 months and finally came to the conclusion RH was actually the best album of the year. All in all, I have to think the reason why this album (and more so the singles) didn't make a huge chart impact it's down to the sexist and ageist nature of the mainstream media and general public. So once again she's in the middle of the storm fighting prejudice and close mindedness just like she did in the early 90's with JML and of course Erotica and Sex.

Madonna's #RebelHeartTour received the Music Nation Award as the best concert of the 2015!

Grammy performance was most watched moment of the show.

#LivingForLove won as best dance song, best pop performance song & song of the year at The Music Nation Awards 2015!

French website mcm.fr named Madonna's "Rebel Heart" as the 7th best album of 2015. #RebelHeart

#RebelHeart managed to be the #4 best-selling international female album of 2015 in Brazil, even though it leaked.

Attitude's top 2015 albums - #6!

I know the album isn't #32 WW anymore...#36..?

If you have anymore add them here! :)

12466129_10205456288633240_9057643965491

thank you for sharing. Love it!

Guest Medoner

My year end mention!

I always thought RH was good, but now after what feels like the most i ever played any songs, i think its a complete masterpiece. Theres like 15 of M's all time best songs! Its too fucking good, but all the weird combos of the leaks and releases confused even us fans to some extent. The way they made the whole album sound cohesive is beyond me, with so many tracks with such different vibes, it still sounds like they belong on the same album. Ive praised the album before, but believe me when i say that right now, im convinced, its one of her best albums by far. RH has a certain feeling, a freshness, uniqueness. I'll never forget this album. Happy :p

Happy New Year m-nationers!!!

M was voted Fuse's 2015 MVP of the year in their reader's poll. They also used a great picture of her!!

http://www.fuse.tv/2015/12/readers-poll-results-madonna-twenty-one-pilots-adele

BEST OF 2015

MADONNA, TWENTY ONE PILOTS & ADELE RULE 2015 READERS' POLL

Britney Spears, Iggy Azalea and Years & Years also come out of the annual Readers' Poll with key wins!

Jason Lipshutz

December 30, 2015

After weeks of voting, Madonna, Twenty One Pilots, Adele, Britney Spears, Iggy Azalea and Years & Years emerged as the big winners of Fuse’s 2015 Readers’ Poll, which allowed fans to vote for their favorite artists, songs, tours, newcomers and news stories.

Hundreds of thousands of votes were cast in the much-coveted MVP of the year category, and after a long showdown with Twenty One Pilots, Madonna emerged victorious. The Rebel Heart diva, who performed on multiple award shows and headlined another huge world tour, earned 42 percent of the final vote, while Twenty One Pilots was closest behind with 31 percent.

Don’t feel too bad for the Blurryface duo, though: Twenty One Pilots captured the favorite tour of 2015 reader award, topping stadium dwellers One Direction (43 percent) with 53 percent of the vote. With the win and their first No. 1 single of the rock songs chart, it hasn’t been a bad week for Twenty One Pilots!

Meanwhile, Britney Spears and Iggy Azalea teaming up for “Pretty Girls” was voted the biggest music news story of 2015, with a whopping 78 percent of the vote beating out Twenty One Pilots’ Blurryface album hitting No. 1. “Pretty Girls” also won Fuse’s Top 40 of 2015 poll earlier this month.

And you have to give it up to Adele: “Hello” was voted the readers’ favorite No. 1 song of 2015, making a late charge and earning 58 percent of the vote compared to runner-up the Weeknd’s “The Hills” (27 percent). Give some props to Years & Years, too: the U.K. trio was voted best newcomer of 2015, with 40 percent of the vote in the category being enough to overcome Alessia Cara (27 percent).

Thanks to EVERYONE who voted in the 2015 Readers’ Poll, and click here for a full recap of Fuse’s epic Top 40 of 2015 poll!

A nice year-end wrap-up:

http://kwbe.com/abc_classicr/the-year-in-music-2015-madonna-shows-the-world-her-rebel-heart-abcid35570759/

The Year in Music 2015 — Madonna Shows the World Her "Rebel Heart"

BY ABC News Radio | December 30, 2015

2015 turned out to be a decent year for Madonna, but based on the events of December 2014, you may not have predicted that. That month found her scrambing to get ahead of an unauthorized leak of the new music she’d been working on for months.

On December 20, 2014, the Queen of Pop officially released six new songs, months earlier than intended. Madonna, who was furious over the leak, said in a statement, “I was hoping to release my new single ‘Living For Love’ on Valentine’s Day with the rest of the album coming in the spring. I would prefer my fans to hear completed versions of some of the songs instead of the incomplete tracks that are circulating. Please consider these six songs as an early Christmas gift.”

Adi Lederman, a former contestant on the Israeli version of American Idol, was arrested in January and charged with the leak. In July, he accepted a plea deal and was convicted of computer trespassing and infringement of privacy and property rights. In addition to the time behind bars, he was fined $4,000.

February of 2015, Madonna released some additional tracks, and the full album, Rebel Heart, finally arrived in March. She worked with a number of producers and contributors on the disc, including OneRepublic’s Ryan Tedder, Kanye West, deejay/producers Avicii and Diplo, rappers Nas and Nicki Minaj, and even Mike Tyson. Unusually, several of the songs featured Madonna looking back on her life and career, and one of them, “Veni Vidi Vici,” even namechecked her old hits. Rebel Heart received generally favorable reviews, and debuted at #2 on the Billboard chart.

As far singles from the album, the only one to reach the Billboard Hot 100 was “B***h I’m Madonna.” However, all three singles released from the album — that one, “Ghosttown” and “Living For Love” — topped Billboard’s Dance Club Songs chart. “B***I’m Madonna” became her 46th #1 on that chart, and she extended her own record as the artist with the most number-ones ever on a single Billboard chart.

To promote the album, Madonna appeared for a week on the Ellen DeGeneres Show, and performed a bullfight-themed routine on the Grammys and on the Brit Awards in the U.K. During her performance on the latter show, she made headlines when she fell offstage and sustained what she described as “a little bit of a whiplash.”

Madonna also used the latest technology trends to promote Rebel Heart: She was the first artist to promote an album on the gay dating app Grinder, the first artist to premiere a video on Snapchat, and the first to premiere a video on the live video-streaming app Meerkat. The Meerkat video, “Ghosttown,” starred Empire’s Terence Howard. The video for “B**h, I’m Madonna,” took the guest star concept even further: it featured cameos from Chris Rock, Miley Cyrus, Beyonce, Katy Perry and Kanye West, among others.

Madonna launched her Rebel Heart world tour in September in Montreal, and throughout the tour, she’s made it a point to bring different celebrities onstage and spank them during the song “Unapologetic Bitch.” Among her special guests: Katy Perry, Amy Schumer, Anderson Cooper, Jessica Chastain, Diplo, Nelly Furtado and Stella McCartney. In Europe, she tapped another famous pal — actor and deejay Idris Elba — to open some shows for her.

The tour itself, featuring Madonna’s common themes of sex, salvation, religion and oppression, featured pole-dancing nuns, a Last Supper tableau, and Madonna swigging from a bottle while stretched out on a car hood. She sang the classic French song “La Vie en Rose,” and performed reworked versions of hits like “True Blue,” “Like a Virgin,” “Dress You Up,” “Holiday,” “La Isla Bonita” and “Material Girl.” The tour garnered great reviews and raked in millions. It’s set to wrap up in Australia in March.

Madonna performed in Stockholm, Sweden in November, a few days after the terrorist attacks in Paris, and told the audience that she had considered canceling the show. “In many ways I feel torn,” she told the crowd. “Why am I up here dancing and having fun when people are crying over the loss of their loved ones?” But she said she decided the show must go on because canceling “is exactly what these people want us to do. They want to shut us up. They want to silence us. And we won’t let them…Why should I allow them to stop me, and to stop us, from enjoying freedom?”

Early in December, following her sold-out concert in Paris, Madonna gave a surprise outdoor performance to honor the victims of the November 13 Paris terrorist attacks. The mini-concert took place at Place De La Republique. She sang John Lennon’s “Imagine” and a few of her own hits, telling the crowd, “We just want to sing a few songs about peace, just to spread love and joy…And…light — we all need it.”

As for controversy, Madonna, believe it or not, largely avoided it in 2015. She did get some flak, though, for posting photos of famous figures throughout history — Martin Luther King Jr. and Nelson Mandela among them — with ribbons tied around their faces in the same way her face appears on the Rebel Heart album cover. Twitter users, who assumed that Madonna created these images, took her to task for seemingly equating herself with these men and their accomplishments as a way to promote her album.

Madonna fired back, “I’m sorry. I’m not comparing myself to anyone. I’m admiring and acknowledging their Rebel Hearts. This is neither a crime or an insult or racist!… Am I saying I am them. NO. I’m saying they are Rebel Hearts too. And I didn’t do it. My fans did. And I just re posted those photos. My fans aren’t racist either.”

On the lighter side of controversy, Madonna caused an uproar when she appeared onstage and kissed Drake during the Coachella Music Festival. After the kiss, which took place while Drake was seated onstage, he responded by leaning forward and covering his mouth. Many fans interpreted this as the rapper recoiling in disgust, but as he explained in an Instagram post, “Don’t misinterpret my shock!! I got to make out with the queen Madonna and I feel [100] about that forever. Thank you @Madonna.”

Later, though, Madonna appeared to throw shade at Drake, telling a fan during an online question and answer session, “Don’t kiss Drake, no matter how many times he begs you to.”

Breatheheavy

2. Madonna – ‘Rebel Heart’ In our initial review of Madonna’s ‘Rebel Heart’, we predicted that it may go on to be her most underrated effort yet and we haven’t been proven wrong. Failing to hit number 1 on the Billboard 200 or produce any meaningfully successful singles, ‘Rebel Heart’ hasn’t lived up to the dizzying commercial heights of Madonna’s previous musical endeavors. But musically? It numbers among the Material Girl’s best. Featuring classic Madge floor fillers about self-expression alongside her most experimental work since ‘Confessions on a Dance Floor,’ her 2015 LP is everything you could want from a Madonna album. Flitting between heart-wrenching balladry and balls to the wall arrogance, ‘Rebel Heart’ is a nostalgic retrospective of one of the most stunning careers in pop music history and treads the line between current and pandering far better than Madonna’s detractors would have you believe. – Aaron Butterfield Read more at: http://go.breatheheavy.com/uPMqn

MUUMUSE

3. Madonna, Rebel Heart

Rebel Heart was royally fucked from the start, leaking months before the album was even officially announced. Every step of the way, from falling down stairs to sad Meerkat premieres, felt like another embarrassment. And yet, all that was a perfect representation of the underlying theme of Madonna’s thirteenth studio album: “I’m gonna carry on.” Rather than opting to go any one way — spiritual, sexual, dark disco — Madge threw everything against the wall with her latest studio album, resulting in a thousand flavors of self-empowerment (“Living For Love”), apocalyptic us-against-the-world anthems (“Ghosttown”), bouncy, brag-filled statements of self (“Bitch I’m Madonna”) and heartfelt moments of vulnerability (“Joan Of Arc”) we haven’t heard from her in years. (And a song about golden showers.) It’s brash, beautiful, occasionally embarrassing and often inspiring — truly the very essence of M.

My bf told me last week that AM New York had Joan of Arc listed as one of the best songs of 2015.

AM New York is the free / giveaway version of Newsday, who gave JOA an honorable mention on their year-end list. They also placed Rebel Heart at #11 on their 2015 album list.

JOA: http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/music/kendrick-lamar-rihanna-songs-among-the-best-of-2015-1.11280456

RH album: http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/music/best-albums-of-2015-1.10156232

As expected, the album didn't fare well in the Village Voice's annual Pazz & Jop poll of 500_+ critics. It ranked in the 400s among albums. Confessions... was her last album to do alright, placing No. 61 in the poll.